Ralph is going to get hit in his pocket book...finally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Ralph is going to get hit in his pocket book...finally.

I believe that an extension was definately signed in October. I think they were waiting until we made the playoffs or at least had a good run, etc.

Well obviously the right time never came. Now they have a marketing mess on their hands because no fan could possibly want Jauron back. As Sullivan pointed out this AM they are going to lose ticket sales if they keep him. No doubt. So they'll have to buy out some portion of his new 6 million dollar deal basically eliminating the profits from the Toronto game!!

The flip side is they keep Jauron creating a PR nightmare that will no doubt have a similar effect.

Ralph, this is what you get for trying to save some money and have your marketing guy try to be a GM. He tried to strike a deal early when Jauron's stock was at an all time high and before he was a playoff coach. Well it completely backfired and now you one of the biggest messes in team history on your hands.

You deserve it.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Ralph is going to get hit in his pocket book...finally.

which begs the question... Who in their right mind hands out an extension to a person before they recieve the desired result.

after 2 mediocre 7-9 seasons and then at 5-1 in season 3 offer an extension, when it was a "playoffs or bust", equates to premature ejacualtion.

I think Ralph is the one controlling the extension, not Brandon or whom ever else in the FO personally. Ralph is the one who says yay or nay... and obviously he said yay!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
      which begs the question... Who in their right mind hands out an extension to a person before they recieve the desired result.

after 2 mediocre 7-9 seasons and then at 5-1 in season 3 offer an extension, when it was a "playoffs or bust", equates to premature ejacualtion.

I think Ralph is the one controlling the extension, not Brandon or whom ever else in the FO personally. Ralph is the one who says yay or nay... and obviously he said yay!
      I'm sure the logic was money because if Jauron makes the playoffs than it would be hard to hand him a 2 million a year extension vs. market which would be 3 million a year extension.

They could have just waited and paid him market but they tried to save 3 million and now it might cost them 6 million. That's funny!!

Comment

• ddaryl
        • Jan 2005

Yeah I agree... pinch a dime to save a nickel, or however that phrase is supposed to go.

I wish we would have waited for real results... Maybe Dick signed in oct because he knew damn well he'd blow it. Otherwise Dick could have said no in Oct and waited for more money
        Last edited by ddaryl; 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Ralph, this is what you get for trying to save some money and have your marketing guy try to be a GM. He tried to strike a deal early when Jauron's stock was at an all time high and before he was a playoff coach. Well it completely backfired and now you one of the biggest messes in team history on your hands.

You deserve it.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Who did the Bills think they were going to lose Jauron to, if they didn't hurry and resign him right away in October ???

Was his price going to soar to an incredible 1.75 Mil per year ?
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

and this will ensure a top flight coach that we need will not be hired because the money is being spent to buy out Jauron.

Comment

• ddaryl
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
                and this will ensure a top flight coach that we need will not be hired because the money is being spent to buy out Jauron.

but we have Toronto millions and a fan base that would be more then willing to pay $15 more per ticket if assured a proven winner like Cowher

I know I know... I'm dellusional

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Name the stadium.

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                    Name the stadium.
                    What? you dont like Ralph Wilson Stadium?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                      Who did the Bills think they were going to lose Jauron to, if they didn't hurry and resign him right away in October ???

Was his price going to soar to an incredible 1.75 Mil per year ?
                      In fairness, the guy was getting alot of praise for what he did last year, and if he had made the playoffs he would have been looking at a 3 million a year deal out in the open market.

I think it's funny that the FO tried to save 3 million bucks by getting him signed early instead of waiting to make sure that we actually made the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X