X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Can we just wait before we bash Ralph?

Like a lot of you, I was happy that DJ was offered and signed a contract when we were 4-0. All of us felt that the previous 2 years were leading up to a great 2008. 2008 started out exactly as we hoped... 4-0!

Now that things have fallen apart, no one really knows what Wilson has been doing behind the scenes. I truly believe that DJ was given a 3 year extension back in October, and now he has re-signed a contract that allows us to buy him out for 1 year at decent salary.

I believe full well that Wilson will fire DJ, but in a gentlemans agreement made between the two, DJ will take his 1 year compensation and not create a nuisance for Ralph (like Lane Kiffen did).

I do not believe Ralph is as cheap as everyone makes him out to be. Thrifty, yes, but cheap? No. He spends money when he feels there is a good reason to do so. He doesn't have the type of money that some NFL owners have (Jones, Snyder) to throw around willy nilly.

So, for now, I am going to reserve judgement on Ralph until the facts are in. I want DJ gone, and I believe Ralph will come through.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Can we just wait before we bash Ralph?

Originally posted by Pride
    Like a lot of you, I was happy that DJ was offered and signed a contract when we were 4-0. All of us felt that the previous 2 years were leading up to a great 2008. 2008 started out exactly as we hoped... 4-0!

Now that things have fallen apart, no one really knows what Wilson has been doing behind the scenes. I truly believe that DJ was given a 3 year extension back in October, and now he has re-signed a contract that allows us to buy him out for 1 year at decent salary.

I believe full well that Wilson will fire DJ, but in a gentlemans agreement made between the two, DJ will take his 1 year compensation and not create a nuisance for Ralph (like Lane Kiffen did).

I do not believe Ralph is as cheap as everyone makes him out to be. Thrifty, yes, but cheap? No. He spends money when he feels there is a good reason to do so. He doesn't have the type of money that some NFL owners have (Jones, Snyder) to throw around willy nilly.

So, for now, I am going to reserve judgement on Ralph until the facts are in. I want DJ gone, and I believe Ralph will come through.
    I disagree.

In terms of finding a new coach, he received 78 million dollars for the (horrible) Toronto games. There, he has tons of money to throw at a real coach.

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

it's sad when there's a bunch of questionamarks surrounding the team from top to bottom. Even the janitor has been missing lately.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

I've had it with Ralph...Nothing short of getting Cowher, or Belichick will make me change my feelings towards him.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Ralph's last three coaches have been dismal failures. His last 3 FO's have been failures. Ralph has earned the bashing.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I think if Jauron wins one of the next two games his chance of staying is 100%.

If he loses both games than I'd give it 75%.

The only scenario I see is where the team keeps Jauron, fires Schonert, and everyone understands that Jauron will have to have a very good 2009 to keep his job.

This organization is not prepared for a coaching search or change.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
              I've had it with Ralph...Nothing short of getting Cowher, or Belichick will make me change my feelings towards him.
              sad thing is we probably won't pursue a new coach this year, and both will be loing gone next year when Dick screws up 2009.... Then we will be left with slim pickings and then wash rinse and repeat...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Can this board wait before bashing Ralph? Only when a bunch of flying pigs make a landing on an ice rink in Hell. Maybe.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Even the janitor has been missing lately.
                  BS!

I was never missing. I've actually been working overtime.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

One word: No.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      The only scenario I see is where the team keeps Jauron, fires Schonert, and everyone understands that Jauron will have to have a very good 2009 to keep his job.

This organization is not prepared for a coaching search or change.

Unfortunately, Jauron is one of those loyal losers. I don't think Jauron will ever fire anyone on his staff.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Talk to me after 41 years of fan abuse Josh.

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

LOL

Ralph has had since '65 to get this **** right and he's failed every time aside from 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X