PDA

View Full Version : The Pistol might get his shot!

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Madness posted this in another thread:

Hamdan could play Sunday

Chris Brown
Posted December 15th, 2008
Tags: Gibran Hamdan (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/gibran-hamdan/)
Dick Jauron did not rule out possibly playing Gibran Hamdan on Sunday at Denver now with the team eliminated from playoff contention. He was asked if being out of the playoff race would be a factor in making that change.
“I wouldn’t say that it wouldn’t,” said Jauron. ”It will take a little bit of time the next couple of days as we get ready for Denver, we’ll talk things over and we’ll see.”
As for Hamdan he says he hasn’t received any word from the coaching staff as to whether he might see game action.
“I haven’t been told anything,” said Hamdan. “I prepare myself week in and week out as if I’m going to play and that’s not going to change for me. But obviously that’s not something I control in terms of where that goes. I’m just going to do the same thing every week as boring as that may sound, just prepare myself to be ready to play if called upon. And we’ll see what happens.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/15/hamdan-could-play-sunday/

homeslice5484
12-16-2008, 12:09 PM
why not...although i want a veteran backup next year.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Give JP a chance to put more stuff on his highlight reel.

No to Hamden.

Jan Reimers
12-16-2008, 12:11 PM
For me, I'm at the point of "WHO CARES?"

madness
12-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Hamden could be the next Shaun Hill! :D

Historian

No to Hamden.

NFL's Bloopers and Practical Jokes

OpIv37
“I wouldn’t say that it wouldn’t,” said Jauron.

wtf? Answering questions with double negatives? Just grow a sack, man up, and answer the question how it was asked instead of these confusing, wishy-washy answers. This guy drives me insane.

homeslice5484
12-16-2008, 12:14 PM
id rather see edwards cause chances are if he doesnt play, were gonna be struggling again next year hoping he gets better.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm assuming that Edwards isn't healthy enough to play.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
NFL's Bloopers and Practical Jokes

We know you laughed when JP fumbled the game away last week, admitt it..

Jan Reimers
12-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Hamden could be the next Shaun Hill! :D
More likely, the next Benny Hill.

Mitchy moo
12-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Like I said, Edwards is relaxing the rest of the year.

GO Pistol.

OpIv37
12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually, the worst thing that could happen is that Hamdan plays the last two games and plays well. This FO will give him a huge contract based on two games and we'll have Flutie/Johnson next year all over again.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Like I said, Edwards is relaxing the rest of the year.

GO Pistol.

Well Skooby you might be right on this one. A 3 week groin injury? No updates?

The way he went out in the San Fran game was suspicious enough. Maybe he figured that he came back too soon, he thinks Schonert is a turd, and feels like he's not going to risk his health or career on a team that can't make the playoffs.

Lexwhat
12-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Actually, the worst thing that could happen is that Hamdan plays the last two games and plays well. This FO will give him a huge contract based on two games and we'll have Flutie/Johnson next year all over again.

I wouldn't mind. We actually used to win games back then.

Nighthawk
12-16-2008, 12:25 PM
wtf? Answering questions with double negatives? Just grow a sack, man up, and answer the question how it was asked instead of these confusing, wishy-washy answers. This guy drives me insane.

I literally hate having this guy as Bills HC. I can't freakin' stand him.

Philagape
12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Terrorize the Broncos! Throw them some bombs and missiles!

GreedoII
12-16-2008, 12:26 PM

No to Hamden.

Yes. Agreed. I want JP so I can at least be entertained. Plus it will continue to show how stupid this organization is. More egg on the face is needed here. Hamden will just get his head caved in. He's a 3rd string scrub.

trapezeus
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM

i agree with op on all accounts in this thread. Why is DJ such a wishy washy politician. The question is who are you going to start. The denver broncos are assuming they are going to beat your pathetic excuse of a team either way, so just tell us which QB you're playing. The broncos don't have to gameplan for the Buffalo Bills. They could eat nachos until the 3rd and have DJ call in his plays of hilarity to give us the game.

Second i think if hamden plays well, this board is going to just be a nut house (moreso than it already may be.) I can't wait to see the "why didn't we play him in week 13? Why didn't he start. Why did we sign JP? Let Trent go."

JP did have a good preseason game though this year, so he's just about to turn the corner. :-)

ddaryl
12-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I would watch the game just to see how he plays. If JP QB's I will tivo it, see how we did and then decide wether or not to watch.

Mad Bomber
12-16-2008, 12:29 PM

No to Hamden.
OMG!!!!

TD....I'm assuming you are trying to be funny (in which case you have succeded).

If you are serious, then you are brain dead.

JP's highlight reel is like a video from Auschwitz....

madness
12-16-2008, 12:43 PM

The way he went out in the San Fran game was suspicious enough. Maybe he figured that he came back too soon, he thinks Schonert is a turd, and feels like he's not going to risk his health or career on a team that can't make the playoffs.

It's been reported that it might be a tear. It was also reported that he felt discomfort before the SF game and and injured it more during the game.

He should have been pulled from SF game right from the start. Groin injuries shouldn't be taken lightly when dealing with a QB. If serious enough, it's painful enough just to plant your leg after a 3 step drop and almost impossible to step into a throw. That's why he came out firing short in that game and had trouble hitting just abour everybody. The game log shows most of his passes were underthrown even though they were all relatively short passes.

madness
12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
i agree with op on all accounts in this thread. Why is DJ such a wishy washy politician. The question is who are you going to start. The denver broncos are assuming they are going to beat your pathetic excuse of a team either way, so just tell us which QB you're playing. The broncos don't have to gameplan for the Buffalo Bills. They could eat nachos until the 3rd and have DJ call in his plays of hilarity to give us the game.

Every coach does it no matter who the players are or how bad the team stinks. Now we're just grasping at straws to blame every single little thing on this organization.

Mitchy moo
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM

No to Hamden.

http://newmedia2.funnyjunk.com/pictures/1_555024837l.jpg

Mitchy moo
12-16-2008, 12:50 PM

It's almost like they don't want to talk about it, amazing.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
It's been reported that it might be a tear. It was also reported that he felt discomfort before the SF game and and injured it more during the game.

He should have been pulled from SF game right from the start. Groin injuries shouldn't be taken lightly when dealing with a QB. If serious enough, it's painful enough just to plant your leg after a 3 step drop and almost impossible to step into a throw. That's why he came out firing short in that game and had trouble hitting just abour everybody. The game log shows most of his passes were underthrown even though they were all relatively short passes.

I'm not arguing with you but I haven't seen one report on it. When Edwards had the concusion he talked about it. He's tight lipped on a groin?

raphael120
12-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Our backup QB is such a joke that we're going to play the Palestinian Pistol.

NICE!

It's so bad it's hilarious with this team anymore.

I'd like to see how Jauron handles a question about what he ate for lunch.

"Well, I was thinking about a ham sandwhich but I couldn't say whether or not I had ham...so I didn't rule it out. But I also wouldn't comment on if I wanted a turkey sandwhich."

madness
12-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm not arguing with you but I haven't seen one report on it. When Edwards had the concusion he talked about it. He's tight lipped on a groin?

Yep, he talked about it after the SF game but seemed to have a gag order from that point on. I think it's either worse then they let on or they plan on playing "prevent" and sitting him out the rest of the games since the season is basically over.

mchurchfie
12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
That is a no brainer. Why wouldn't you play Hamden, a possible part of your future and give them valuable game experience??? We gain nothing from playing JP other than moving up higher in the draft after he fumbles and bumbles away the next two games. The fact that Jauron even has to take time to consider it shows what a knucklehead he is.:cynic:

JD
12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
If Losman starts on sunday I want someone to bring public lynchings back

JD
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
If I said Hamdan could throw bombs, would that be racist because hes arab?

madness
12-16-2008, 01:23 PM
If I said Hamdan could throw bombs, would that be racist because hes arab?

:spit:

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
OMG!!!!

TD....I'm assuming you are trying to be funny (in which case you have succeded).

If you are serious, then you are brain dead.

JP is entertaining. What fun would it be to watch Hamdan get sacked, throw INTS, fumble the game away?

Wally The Barber
12-16-2008, 02:02 PM
I think it is important to play him.

We need to decide if we need to address the backup position in the off season.

If he sits on the bench, we will know nothing.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 02:03 PM
JP is entertaining. What fun would it be to watch Hamdan get sacked, throw INTS, fumble the game away?

I watched Hamden in the pre-season and I actually think he plays pretty smart. Doubt he takes alot of risks.

ZacGriffi~82
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
If Edwards can't go it would be dumb to play Losman.

superbills
12-16-2008, 02:54 PM

JP is about as entertaining as getting kicked in the balls with metal spikes. :passout:
No thanks

The last buffalo fan
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Let's play AVP!!

trapezeus
12-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Every coach does it no matter who the players are or how bad the team stinks. Now we're just grasping at straws to blame every single little thing on this organization.

True, coaches duck questions frequently. but they also don't get quite as rattled as he does. this isn't a question about gameplans that the coach thinks gives the other team an advantage. "How is so and so player. Will he be ready." "we got to give it time." That's fine.

But on his contract that actually gives the team some closure or certainty. It allows the fans to have a clue as to what they are buying. Its ridiculous that he can't answer this question. he's being emasculated.

i still think the guy seems like a great guy and would be fun to watch a game with, but the guy is lost as an NFL coach.

Crazygoo
12-17-2008, 06:49 AM
I am sick of watching JP play. HE IS BAD!!