PDA

View Full Version : If Cowher was hired as HC

JD
12-16-2008, 01:25 PM
and Turner Gill was hired as OC..

Would you renew/purchase season tickets?

Jan Reimers
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I'll probably renew again at the end of my contract, regardless. I guess I'm living proof that P.T. Barnum was right.

billsfanone
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM
I would buy some Bills merchandise.

RockStar36
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...if Cowher was hired I would purchase seasons the next day.

Yasgur's Farm
12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
I BELIEVE IF COWHER WAS HIRED, THERE WILL BE A WAITING LIST FOR TIX.

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Damn if we get the chin, I'm buying a ton of merchandise and the dish for sunday ticket.

DraftBoy
12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
No but then again I live in Atlanta, so Ill never have Season's but I may buy a home opener ticket...who the hell am I kidding I may do it anyways.

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
I am giving some real thought to not renewing my season next year if Dick is still the coach, but if they hire Cowher I will renew without hesitation.

Lexwhat
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
What is your obsession with Turner Gill??

JJamezz
12-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Season tickets?? If Cowher gets hired, I may buy a bus, paint Buffalo Bill Cowher on the side, and follow the team around the country for 17 weeks...

Ok, maybe not, but I'd be REALLY f'n excited!

ublinkwescore
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I am giving some real thought to not renewing my season next year if Dick is still the coach, but if they hire Cowher I will renew without hesitation.

I will too.

I hope they get their $#!t together at one bills drive - we deserve better than this.

ublinkwescore
12-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd give my left nut to have Cowher coach the Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Did we all like Cowher that much before he won the SB in Pittsburgh?

paladin warrior
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Humm... Okay next year DicK j is staying and If Buffalo Bills loseing 0-5 then what happen to him. Fire him right away. How Ralph going to hire Cowher or Billick. or wait until the season is over, I hate that stuipd Ralph

helmetguy
12-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Nope.

SquishDaFish
12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I was thinking of buying seasons but if Dicky is still coach Im not but if Cowher becomes coach I will buy the day after!

El Guapo
12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
No but then again I live in Atlanta, so Ill never have Season's but I may buy a home opener ticket...who the hell am I kidding I may do it anyways.

I live in Birmingham and I have seasons....

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Why would you buy tickets based on the coach?

It's not like this team's record would be any better this year if Cowher was coach.

If you're on the fence for tickets, buy tickets if they improve the product on the field.

Buy tickets if they'll commit to having a 53 man roster.

Buy tickets if they improve on both sides of the ball.

With the talent as it is, no coach is gonna magically turn this team into a playoff contender. And with our schedule next year, we're gonna need a hell of a lot more talent to even get to .500

ddaryl
12-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Why would you buy tickets based on the coach?

It's not like this team's record would be any better this year if Cowher was coach.

If you're on the fence for tickets, buy tickets if they improve the product on the field.

Buy tickets if they'll commit to having a 53 man roster.

Buy tickets if they improve on both sides of the ball.

With the talent as it is, no coach is gonna magically turn this team into a playoff contender. And with our schedule next year, we're gonna need a hell of a lot more talent to even get to .500

I think a better coach would have our team much better prepapred and we would have won 2 or 3 games we lost.

A good coach can make all the difference. Good coaches make mediocre teams playoff contenders, and playoff contenders Superbowl contenders.

A bad coach turns a mediocre team into a loser, and and playoff team into a team that implodes and misses the playoffs

Maybe the Williams, Mularkey, and Jauron experience has not convinved you, but IMO this team we have right now would be a lot better with a coach who is willing to work the team until they know how to execute, get into the players faces and heads and get each individual player playing at their highest level, and then stick is foot up the asses of any player that takes even one play off.

ddaryl
12-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Did we all like Cowher that much before he won the SB in Pittsburgh?

no but that was a jealousy thing.... there is no denying he had a rock solid career in Pitt, one that I envy

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
LOL

I think a better coach would have our team much better prepapred and we would have won 2 or 3 games we lost.

A good coach can make all the difference. Good coaches make mediocre teams playoff contenders, and playoff contenders Superbowl contenders.

A bad coach turns a mediocre team into a loser, and and playoff team into a team that implodes and misses the playoffs

Maybe the Williams, Mularkey, and Jauron experience has not convinved you, but IMO this team we have right now would be a lot better with a coach who is willing to work the team until they knnow how to execture, get into the players faces and heads and get each individual playeer playing at their highest level, and then stick is foot up the asses of any player that takes even one play off.

This team is prepared. They just can't execute because the talent isn't there.

Are the Lions bad because of the coach?

Are the Bengals bad because of the coach?

This is a bad team with a mediocre coach.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Cowher would no doubt get the most out of this team. He would get rid of the pansy defense and instantly make the team better.

ddaryl
12-17-2008, 08:53 AM
This team is prepared. They just can't execute because the talent isn't there.

Are the Lions bad because of the coach?

Are the Bengals bad because of the coach?

This is a bad team with a mediocre coach.

I disagree. We do need a few players and less injuries but I still see a team that should have made the playoffs this year if we had better game management, and a team that could execute better if they were prepared / taught how to execute better.

I have seen players be out of postion or miss assignments or over pursue al lyear long, and I have yet to see the coaches really tear into the players who are making these mistakes.

I see coaching / scheme problems being the 1st and foremost problem with the Bills. Our D scheme sucks and that his a product of the DC, our O play calling has been a roller coaster ride and that is a product of the OC, and shoudl we even debate Jarouns constant mismanagement.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Cowher would no doubt get the most out of this team. He would get rid of the pansy defense and instantly make the team better.

But, we still don't have the talent on defense to execute.

That's the problem.

I've said all along we run the form of defense we do to limit big plays and force teams to be perfect to beat us.

This team's problem isn't the defense as much as it's the offense.

And then what happens if we do bring in a big name guy and we have two more seaons of sub .500 play?

Does the entire board go, "well, coach X, was great in his heyday but his time has passed, time to get coach Y."?

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
But, we still don't have the talent on defense to execute.

That's the problem.

I've said all along we run the form of defense we do to limit big plays and force teams to be perfect to beat us.

This team's problem isn't the defense as much as it's the offense.

And then what happens if we do bring in a big name guy and we have two more seaons of sub .500 play?

Does the entire board go, "well, coach X, was great in his heyday but his time has passed, time to get coach Y."?

I'm willing to bet if Cowher took the job, he would spend the whole off-season getting better talent in, his kind of players. Not to mention this team, for as bad as they are, could still be in the playoffs right now withe the right kind of coach. Think about it...win at home vs Cleveland & SF, plus a few of the winnable division games and they are in. The coach would make that big of a difference right now.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
I disagree. We do need a few players and less injuries but I still see a team that should have made the playoffs this year if we had better game management, and a team that could execute better if they were prepared / taught how to execute better.

I have seen players be out of postion or miss assignments or over pursue al lyear long, and I have yet to see the coaches really tear into the players who are making these mistakes.

I see coaching / scheme problems being the 1st and foremost problem with the Bills. Our D scheme sucks and that his a product of the DC, our O play calling has been a roller coaster ride and that is a product of the OC, and shoudl we even debate Jarouns constant mismanagement.

Better game management?

Dick gets ostracized by the fanbase no matter what he calls. Why? Our players don't execute. We don't execute 4th and 1 QB sneaks properly. It's hard to design plays around a team that cannot even execute the basics and has a center that gets blown up every play basically.

Our defense is the way it is because it's talent is weak so we play bend but don't break all day long to force team's to play perfectly to beat us.

But keep laying it all on the coaches and not the play on the field.

Go look at the roster, then go look at the 95 Jags/Panthers or 99 Browns roster. We have essentially what equates to an expansion franchise roster. Sadly.

ddaryl
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Better game management?

Dick gets ostracized by the fanbase no matter what he calls. Why? Our players don't execute. We don't execute 4th and 1 QB sneaks properly. It's hard to design plays around a team that cannot even execute the basics and has a center that gets blown up every play basically.

Our defense is the way it is because it's talent is weak so we play bend but don't break all day long to force team's to play perfectly to beat us.

But keep laying it all on the coaches and not the play on the field.

Go look at the roster, then go look at the 95 Jags/Panthers or 99 Browns roster. We have essentially what equates to an expansion franchise roster. Sadly.

I still see a team that should have made the playoffs, and yes I lay the majority of it on the coaches.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm willing to bet if Cowher took the job, he would spend the whole off-season getting better talent in, his kind of players. Not to mention this team, for as bad as they are, could still be in the playoffs right now withe the right kind of coach. Think about it...win at home vs Cleveland & SF, plus a few of the winnable division games and they are in. The coach would make that big of a difference right now.

Ok, so put it on the players instead.

IF Lindell hits a makeable kick.

IF Losman throws the ball away or at the very least secures it properly.

IF Losman hits a WIDE OPEN Lee Evans in the redzone.

IF the defense doesn't allow the Jets or Pats to take 7+ min drives to ice games.

So there's 5 games that were winnable....it's the NFL so say you lose 1 of them.

With better execution we'd be 4 games better.

However it didn't go that way and you are who you are....good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose. We fall in the latter after a very promising start where it looked like we turned a corner.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 09:06 AM
I still think the players will execute with a real coach on the sidelines. They have no fire, no motivation, nothing going for them because the man leading them on the sidelines doesn't have any of those things.

Look at the 49ers. They were horrible. They still aren't that great, but they are definitely looking like a better team. Why is that? Because they have a coach roaming the sidelines who is getting more out of them.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 09:13 AM
I still think the players will execute with a real coach on the sidelines. They have no fire, no motivation, nothing going for them because the man leading them on the sidelines doesn't have any of those things.

Look at the 49ers. They were horrible. They still aren't that great, but they are definitely looking like a better team. Why is that? Because they have a coach roaming the sidelines who is getting more out of them.

Eh, they're no different on the field really now than they were with Nolan.

With Nolan they beat the Hawks, with Singletary they got blown out by the Hawks.

They beat a good Jets team with Singletary, lost to a good NE team with Nolan.

Just because Singletary makes a stand and benches a guy because of lack of effort doesn't mean he's getting more out of their poor talent.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Eh, they're no different on the field really now than they were with Nolan.

With Nolan they beat the Hawks, with Singletary they got blown out by the Hawks.

They beat a good Jets team with Singletary, lost to a good NE team with Nolan.

Just because Singletary makes a stand and benches a guy because of lack of effort doesn't mean he's getting more out of their poor talent.

Maybe so.

Either way, if Cowher goes to Cleveland I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune than you are now.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe so.

Either way, if Cowher goes to Cleveland I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune than you are now.

Cleveland has talent...

They just have inconsistent QB play which will doom any team no matter who the coach is.

Romeo went 10-6 last year....he's gonna go 4-12 this year.

Main difference? QB play.

It's not like Romeo was smarter last year or became stupid this year.

That being said, any coach who goes from 10-6 to 4-12 in one year isn't long for this league.

HAMMER
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
These threads are so out of touch with reality it's laughable.

raphael120
12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Aint gonna happen but I'd buy season tickets as long as Cowher is head coach.

don137
12-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I would come up for a game if he was head coach but if he is the GM and Jauron is still the head coach I will not come up for a game and still cancel my NFL ticket and not buy any Bills merchandise. I will just go to the local Bills bar and watch the game so a restaurant owner can have my money over Ralph.

WagonCircler
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Hiring Cowher would save this franchise.