PDA

View Full Version : Peters to the probowl!!

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow!!

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
V-text!!

I gues his opponants don't think he sucks as much as you guys thinks he does.

RockStar36
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Forward_Lateral
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
So much for his value going down.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow, hats off to the ignorant fans who don't know talent when they see it. Hopefully Buffalo keeps screwing him and he hits the market in a couple; he'd look great with a star on his helmet.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
name recognition.

cocamide
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Does the Pro Bowl really mean anything? Brett Favre made it. Pennington should've definitely been there. When people cast their votes for this thing, they either vote for everyone on their favorite team or the people they hear the most about. It's garbage. Does anyone even watch the thing?

Philagape
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
The new Ruben Brown

Philagape
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Is there a rule that says every team has to have at least one player go?

BlackMetalNinja
Wow, hats off to the ignorant fans who don't know talent when they see it. Some people really need to take some classes on football or something.Maybe you could start a sign up sheet or something to teach us, since you have more knowledge than everybody else around here combined.

Of course, some of us don't have the time, money, or magic DVRs required to watch every full game in the league and every major college game under the sun, plus attend games all around the country and all, plus jobs and school and everything else in life... but please forgive us in all our stupidity.

RockStar36
Wow, hats off to the ignorant fans who don't know talent when they see it. Hopefully Buffalo keeps screwing him and he hits the market in a couple.

Take him. Please. I'm begging you.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe you could start a sign up sheet or something to teach us, since you have more knowledge than everybody else around here combined.

Of course, some of us don't have the time, money, or magic DVRs required to watch every full game in the league and every major college game under the sun, plus attend games all around the country and all, plus jobs and school and everything else in life... but please forgive us in all our stupidity.
God knows you could use the help.

raphael120
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
This season just keeps getting better and better! Well I think the NE game will probably be the last time you see Jason Peters in a Bills uniform. Too bad we can't trade Peters for Cowher or something.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I'd be curious to see if McKelvin got any votes as the KR.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow, hats off to the ignorant fans who don't know talent when they see it. Hopefully Buffalo keeps screwing him and he hits the market in a couple; he'd look great with a star on his helmet.

lol!

How and when has Buffalo screwed him?

BTW, the first 8 games - not a ProBowl player.

The 2nd half of the season - definite Pro Bowl player.

RockStar36
I think I'd rather have Andrew Peters play LT than Jason Peters.

Dr. Lecter
This season just keeps getting better and better! Well I think the NE game will probably be the last time you see Jason Peters in a Bills uniform. Too bad we can't trade Peters for Cowher or something.

Why would that be his last game???

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
lol!

How and when has Buffalo screwed him?

BTW, the first 8 games - not 100% healthy

The 2nd half of the season - definite Pro Bowl player.
Fixed it for you :up:

Mitchy moo
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM

Cassel / first rounder for Peters.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Cassel / first rounder for Peters.
Cassel is a free man, you wouldn't even have to trade for him. I'd gladly give Buffalo Flozell for Peters though, think it over.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
BTW, thank god there isn't any bull**** like 13 players from one team in the Pro Bowl. That's just ****ing ridiculous.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Fixed it for you :up:

His mistakes were not all health related in the first 8 games. Besides, you are assuming that.

It is more along of the lines "not ready to play".

patmoran2006
12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
We are so used to having garbage OT’s that we don’t recognize a great one when we have one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I agree with Lecter mostly. First 8 games, NOT good at all. Out of shape, unmotivated also.<o:p></o:p>
Second half of the season; as good as any LT in the NFL. I know people hate him here, but its taken for granted how solid this guy is.<o:p></o:p>
I don’t think he “deserves” the pro bowl slot because he was bad the first half, but the second half shows the kind of player he is and how the coaches and players feel about him (fan voting only counts for 33% of the Pro Bowl).<o:p></o:p>
What I hope, I don’t care who is right or wrong, is that his contract situation gets cleared up this winter and he comes into CAMP in second-half of the season shape and form.<o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I think I'd rather have Andrew Peters play LT than Jason Peters.

I know I would rather see Jason on skates than Andrew.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow, maybe our fans deserve what they get.

Peters is our best player people. If you can't understand that than you shouldn't comment on the Bills.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:34 PM
His mistakes were not all health related in the first 8 games. Besides, you are assuming that.

It is more along of the lines "not ready to play".
His knee injury was not one that just suddenly gets better over the course of a few months. When you get hurt in the final game of the season it takes a lot longer than what it took him to get your strength back, his form was completely off and it was obvious that he was favoring his knee for at least his first four games back. Either way, he's the best player on the Buffalo Bills roster by a long shot and his entry into the Pro Bowl this year is well deserved. He can play on my team any time...

Patti120
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I do hope that we get his deal straightened out in the off season and that he comes back. Otherwise our dreadful O is going to be that much more dreadful.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
We are so used to having garbage OT’s that we don’t recognize a great one when we have one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I agree with Lecter mostly. First 8 games, NOT good at all. Out of shape, unmotivated also.<o:p></o:p>
Second half of the season; as good as any LT in the NFL. I know people hate him here, but its taken for granted how solid this guy is.<o:p></o:p>
I don’t think he “deserves” the pro bowl slot because he was bad the first half, but the second half shows the kind of player he is and how the coaches and players feel about him (fan voting only counts for 33% of the Pro Bowl).<o:p></o:p>
What I hope, I don’t care who is right or wrong, is that his contract situation gets cleared up this winter and he comes into CAMP in second-half of the season shape and form.<o:p></o:p>
Some teams just don't have experience when it comes to dealing with all-star caliber players, then when it comes time to pay them they tuck their tail and act like they don't know what they are doing.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
His knee injury was not one that just suddenly gets better over the course of a few months. When you get hurt in the final game of the season it takes a lot longer than what it took him to get your strength back, his form was completely off and it was obvious that he was favoring his knee for at least his first four games back. Either way, he's the best player on the Buffalo Bills roster by a long shot and his entry into the Pro Bowl this year is well deserved. He can play on my team any time...

The favoring the knee was probably more confidence and mental (and timing) than anything else. All of which would have been better had he been in campe, but that is in the past.

And he is the best player, although Lynch could push him if he stops the drops and fine tunes a few other parts of his game.

Is the bid deserved? I am split on that. He is the best LT in the AFC. But he did not always play as the best LT in the AFC this year and that is what the Pro Bowl is supposed to be about.

Ebenezer
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
How much of it was players stuffing the ballot box to get him PB #2 because they knew that would give him more bargaining power and cause all salaries at the position to go up? Don't count that out.

Saying that. The last 10 games I really haven't had a complaint with him.

Brown42000
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Peters doesn't deserve to be in over Jake Long and Ryan Clady

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
The favoring the knee was probably more confidence and mental (and timing) than anything else. All of which would have been better had he been in campe, but that is in the past.

And he is the best player, although Lynch could push him if he stops the drops and fine tunes a few other parts of his game.

Is the bid deserved? I am split on that. He is the best LT in the AFC. But he did not always play as the best LT in the AFC this year and that is what the Pro Bowl is supposed to be about.
You are correct on the first part of the post. I tore my knee to shreds early in my football career and even though all the doctors told me it was okay my brain told me that it was not. It literally took me an entire season to finally trust my knee even though it was structurally sound after the surgery. Either way, I can understand where he was coming from having been in the same situation.

People don't understand why guys like Peters do what they do, well take a look at Albert Haynesworth. In all of my years watching football I have only seen two or three DL's that have matched the level at which he has played football this season. He has been THE most dominating player in the National Football League and has made it look easy. Now he's injured after having accepted the franchise tag last year from the Titans. What's the extent of the injury? We don't really know yet, but it did look extremely bad, something along the lines of a career changer. Thankfully it "appears" that he will be fine and be back at the same level, perhaps as early as the playoffs. But let's imagine that it was as bad as it looked, he would have made the biggest mistake in his life not holding out and demanding more money.

BTW, some fans in Buffalo like to accuse the owner of being a cheap ass and not doing what it takes to win a Super Bowl. Yet, the fans are equally as cheap when they don't recognize the fact that you have to take care of your star players and continue to support an owner who refuses to do so. Part of doing what it takes is taking care of the guys who are going to win you that Super Bowl. Jason Peters is a guy who can be a corner stone in helping you finally get a ring, you need to make sure he's taken care of and is happy.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Clady > Long

Typ0
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
franchise tag on him is going to be a bargain...

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2008, 03:49 PM
I can't disagree with much of what you said.

They need to pony up this offseason. The fact they got Evans done (not as a good of a player, but at a more glamorous position) gives me hope. The biggest fear is how the expiring CBA will effect getting a deal done.

Mike13
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Clady > Long

Long is still a stud, both are going to be great, both got snubbed.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Long is still a stud, both are going to be great, both got snubbed.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
It's fairly uncommon to see rookies get the nod anyway. BTW, they didn't get snubbed, Michael Roos got snubbed, man hasn't allowed a sack all year long.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Joe Thomas rightfully is the AFC probowl starter

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Joe Thomas rightfully is the AFC probowl starter
Yeah, not really. Roos should be the starter.

Mike13
12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
It's fairly uncommon to see rookies get the nod anyway. BTW, they didn't get snubbed, Michael Roos got snubbed, man hasn't allowed a sack all year long.

Very good point, the system is a joke IMO.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Very good point, the system is a joke IMO.
One could make the argument that Pennington should be in there over Favre too.

PECKERWOOD
12-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Jeez louis, give the Dallas thing a rest.

BSU Drew
12-16-2008, 04:18 PM

Why dont you go post on some cowboys board... Your team has enough drama to keep you busy for a while.. nothing i hate worse than a frontrunner.. go suck off tony

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Why dont you go post on some cowboys board... Your team has enough drama to keep you busy for a while.. nothing i hate worse than a frontrunner.. go suck off tony
What drama? Everything is fine in Valley Ranch....

Mike13
12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
One could make the argument that Pennington should be in there over Favre too

Some of Chad's impressive stats this year:

95.1 QB rating (2nd)
66.3% completions (3rd)
7.8 YPA (3rd)
14:6 TD to turnover ratio (1st)

Yeah you can definately make that argument, but it is nullified by the moronic chants of "BRETT FAVRE!"

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Some of Chad's impressive stats this year:

95.1 QB rating (2nd)
66.3% completions (3rd)
7.8 YPA (3rd)
14:6 TD to turnover ratio (1st)

Yeah you can definately make that argument, but it is nullified by the moronic chants of "BRETT FAVRE!"
Yup, Favre can go **** a three liter. Pennington should have gotten the nod, he has been one of the most impressive QB's in the league this year.

Michael82
12-16-2008, 04:28 PM
One could make the argument that Pennington should be in there over Favre too.
One could also say that Pennington was robbed big time! :ill:

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
One could also say that Pennington was robbed big time! :ill:
And he was. I don't agree that Long should have made it however.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Trent wasn't named to the Pro-Bowl because they are saving him for the MVP trophy.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Trent wasn't named to the Pro-Bowl because they are saving him for the MVP trophy.
:lmao:

Mike13
12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Yup, Favre can go **** a three liter. Pennington should have gotten the nod, he has been one of the most impressive QB's in the league this year.

I'm positive he'll get the Comeback Player of the Year award though.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm positive he'll get the Comeback Player of the Year award though.
And he damn well should. EVERYONE thought he was done and he came back and made all those same people his *****. Just another great choice made by the Tuna, give it two more years, you'll be a contender.

BTW, Rivers also got ****ed.

jimbohastle51
12-16-2008, 04:55 PM
congrats jason peters you just signed yourself a guaranteed 7-9 million a year contract if not more. weather we think he is worth it or not they are going to have to pay him or trade him now with everything going on with the dismal season and juaron in question the last thing the team needs is another distraction till opening day! pay him or trade him but dont play the game all offseason, we have bigger fish to fry!!!

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:58 PM
congrats jason peters you just signed yourself a guaranteed 7-9 million a year contract if not more. weather we think he is worth it or not they are going to have to pay him or trade him now with everything going on with the dismal season and juaron in question the last thing the team needs is another distraction till opening day! pay him or trade him but dont play the game all offseason, we have bigger fish to fry!!!
Someone gets it.

X-Era
12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow!!

I said last year and Ill say it now, he desrves the big money, pay the damn guy.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I said last year and Ill say it now, he desrves the big money, pay the damn guy.
Yeah, but you're a Steelers fan, you get talent and how to deal with it :up:

X-Era
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, but you're a Steelers fan, you get talent and how to deal with it :up:

Do me a favor, lay off that stuff.

I am now and always will be a Bills fan first.

baalworship
12-16-2008, 05:46 PM
The scary thing is Peters has not peaked yet, the best is yet to come.

PECKERWOOD
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
The first 3-4 weeks back he looked sloppy, but after that Peters has been straight up dominant. I've seen Peters pushing guys 10-15 yards down the field, he is an ox. He deserves to be in the Pro-Bowl this year and I think that he has proved that he also deserves a considerable pay raise.

The Jokeman
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I haven't seen the list but if Peters made it instead of Michael Roos I am in complete shock as Roos is having an awesome year as is his team.

BlackMetalNinja
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
I haven't seen the list but if Peters made it instead of Michael Roos I am in complete shock as Roos is having an awesome year as is his team.Roos made it as the backup, but he should have been the starter. If anything, I'd have had Peters as the 3rd guy in, but I'm not sure he should have went this year after the horrendous start he had.

Mad Bomber
12-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Is there a rule that says every team has to have at least one player go?
Nope. A number of years ago, the Bills had the #1 defense in the NFL, and not a single player got named to the Pro Bowl.

It's a name recognition thing...if you've heard of them, they have a chance. It has nothing to do with how they perform.

LtFinFan66
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
V-text!!

I gues his opponants don't think he sucks as much as you guys thinks he does.He got in by name only apparently

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 12:49 AM
He got in by name only apparently
Dumb... You want to talk about a guy getting in and not deserving it? Ronnie Brown is one of the worst Pro Bowl picks this year and Slaton got ****ed because of Browns name.

BlackMetalNinja
12-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Funny, almost every list I've heard of snubs and people that shouldn't have made it have Peters on there with about 3 other tackles that should have been before him. Half of a decent season doesn't make for a pro bowl year.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Funny, almost every list I've heard of snubs and people that shouldn't have made it have Peters on there with about 3 other tackles that should have been before him. Half of a decent season doesn't make for a pro bowl year.
You should go cry about it, I know it's killing you that a Buffalo Bill has gained enough national credibility that he's now an all-pro player and is going to get his well earned payday. It's also funny how you let other people make your mind up for you instead of doing your own research, you'll get far in life with that :snicker:

LtFinFan66
12-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Dumb... You want to talk about a guy getting in and not deserving it? Ronnie Brown is one of the worst Pro Bowl picks this year and Slaton got ****ed because of Browns name.I don't disagree but it doesn't make my comment dumb. It's true. And seeing how Ronnie has never made a Pro Bowl, it's hard to get in on name only. Clearly the players and coaches respect what he has done. The Wildcat is a large part of it

BlackMetalNinja
12-17-2008, 08:45 AM
You should go cry about it, I know it's killing you that a Buffalo Bill has gained enough national credibility that he's now an all-pro player and is going to get his well earned payday. It's also funny how you let other people make your mind up for you instead of doing your own research, you'll get far in life with that :snicker:You know you really are a condescending *****... All I was saying is that most of the media is agreeing with what many here say, that he didn't have a pro bowl season. But of course, your opinion is the only one that's right and anybody that disagrees is just "having their opinion dictated to them". And what the hell is this crap about having a Buffalo player gaining credibility and me being against it? I'm just sick of anybody getting honors based simply on their perceived reputation rather than their actual accomplishments.

Fact is he missed the first few games, he then came back and played at a level much below what he's capable of, and it took him until midseason to even be a shell of what we've seen the last few years. He's a pro bowl talent that didn't have a pro bowl worthy year... regardless of your man crush.

Jan Reimers
12-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Peters made it on 3 factors: Reputation, Reputation and Reputation.