PDA

View Full Version : With Peters making the probowl is his future in Buffalo?

jpdex12
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I say NO!

I believe that Peters will still want more $ and an extension and I don't think that Ralph will give him one because we all know he didn't hardly play up to the contract he has in place now. But this is Peters' opportunity to demand a new contract due to his probowl bid and Buffalo's chance to say no, then hit an impasse and he gets traded.

So I am calling it now and be prepared to receive more draft picks than what we'll end up with in this year's draft. I think Peters wants out of Buffalo anyway after this year unless we fire Dickey and hire a better coach and front office.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, get rid of Peters, keep being the farm league for the rest of the NFL. Waste the years of time and coaching it took to take him from being an undrafted TE just to turn him into a star LT. It's the Buffalo way.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, get rid of Peters, keep being the farm league for the rest of the NFL. Waste the years of time and coaching it took to take him from being an undrafted TE just to turn him into a star LT. It's the Buffalo way.

How many Bills went on to be stars somewhere else?

The only player I regret leaving is Pat Williams.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
The idea of letting our best player go after we spent years developing him is why we will be a preveriable loser. The whole reason we sucked was due to poor line play. We are one center short of maybe having the best line in football. Yeah, don't resign Peters.

If Kelsay and Schobel are still here next year and Peters isn't I will end my fandom with this team. If the owner doesn't care about the Bills than why should I?

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
How many Bills went on to be stars somewhere else?

The only player I regret leaving is Pat Williams.

Dumbest post you've had on this board. Winfield has sucked since leaving?!

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:09 PM
The idea of letting our best player go after we spent years developing him is why we will be a preveriable loser. The whole reason we sucked was due to poor line play. We are one center short of maybe having the best line in football. Yeah, don't resign Peters.

If Kelsay and Schobel are still here next year and Peters isn't I will end my fandom with this team. If the owner doesn't care about the Bills than why should I?
There's no "if" about it. Wilson has proven time in and time out that he could care less about winning a title. As long as people keep buying those season ticket packages he'll continue to run a mediocre franchise. He has more than enough money to make this a playoff team this time next season, I'm interested to see if he's going to make it happen.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:09 PM

It's a toss up between bad QB and no pass rush.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
The bad QBing didn't help at all. Edwards really needs to step it up next season, and I think he will.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Dumbest post you've had on this board. Winfield has sucked since leaving?!

So your answer is 2? That's a good percentage.

Winfield was replaced with Clements if you remember correctly.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:11 PM

I meant prior to getting Peters, Dockey, Walker, and Butler.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
The bad QBing didn't help at all. Edwards really needs to step it up next season, and I think he will.

Should have drafted Cutler or Nagati, and Mangold.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Should have drafted Cutler or Nagati, and Mangold.
It's hard to argue with that, and it's not even like it's a retrospect argument. Many were calling for the same thing when Whitner was drafted.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
So your answer is 2? That's a good percentage.

Yeah, and Clements walked for 80 million. How dumb was not re-signing are own player?

What do you think you are going to get in place of Peters?

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, and Clements walked for 80 million. How dumb was not re-signing are own player?

Would you have payed $80 million for Clements? Not re-signing Clements was not a dumb move at all.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Would you have payed $80 million for Clements? Re-signing Clements was not a dumb move at all.
It was an "$80 million deal." It's more like seven years for $64.5 million, which would have been an excellent deal for Clements considering they still have yet to find a viable replacement for him and have wasted a first round pick and multiple other picks in an attempt to do so.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Would you have payed $80 million for Clements? Not re-signing Clements was not a dumb move at all.

No Winfield!!!! We could have kept Winfield!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
No Winfield!!!! We could have kept Winfield!!!!!!!!!!!

We didn't need Clements had we just resigned Winfield. He's still playing.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:21 PM
We didn't need Clements had we just resigned Winfield. He's still playing.
And just made the Pro Bowl as well.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
It was an "$80 million deal." It's more like seven years for $64.5 million, which would have been an excellent deal for Clements considering they still have yet to find a viable replacement for him and have wasted a first round pick and multiple other picks in an attempt to do so.

Didn't you just make fun of how bad Clements played a few weeks ago?

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Didn't you just make fun of how bad Clements played a few weeks ago?
Yup, he got destroyed by T.O; a lot of great CB's have though.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2008, 04:26 PM

Remember this thread? :snicker:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=118704&highlight=nate+clements

Clements is a top 5 or 6 corner in the league. Any time you lose a player like this it hurts. PERIOD. However, he wants #1 money and I have a hard time believing anybody here thinks thats a good move. Raise your hand if you feel otherwise.

We drafted Youboty for a reason. He will be the starter this coming season. The only reason people should get upset and lose their mind is if we don't address the DT, DE and LB positions which is not going to happen.

When we drafted Youboty everyone here pretty much acknowledged that we weren't going to resign Clements so I don't understand why a year later people are surprised.

This team is one FA market and draft class from making the playoffs:

(1) #2 WR, (1) starting RG, (1) starting LB, (1) starting DT and (1) starting DE.

If these psoitions get addresses in the off-season we are going. Any additional upgrades or additions just will determine how far.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=118704&highlight=nate+clements
It's humorous but it's the truth. While in Buffalo Clements was easily a top-tier CB, he fit the system well, he was a dangerous return guy, etc.... This is yet another great example of the Bills failing to realize that you can't just plug anyone into the C2 system. When you find a guy who can play it like Clements you need to hold on to him.

BTW, Buffalo is about to make yet another mistake when they let Crowell walk.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM

Dude, I didn't say re-sign Clements. Read the thread!! I said we should have resigned Winfield, who would still be on the roster, and we would've had no need for the Clements drama in the first place.

Ebenezer
12-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Wasted on McKelvin? How can you make that claim after one season?

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Wasted on McKelvin? How can you make that claim after one season?
Hold on to Clements and there's no reason to draft McKelvin, thus Buffalo could draft at another position of need. It's a simple formula.

Nighthawk
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM

I agree...you don't trade away a LT of Peters caliber, no matter how pissed off you are at him. Get over it people! I hope they get a new contract worked out with him that keeps him in a Bills uniform for years to come.

venis2k1
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM

Winfield was replaced by Troy Vincent.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Winfield was replaced by Troy Vincent.
Yeah, for all of a game. Then he switched to Safety. Either way it was a bad move.

jpdex12
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I think you guys were missing my point...I'm saying that Peters hasn't been happy with coaching and other things on this team based on his recent media comments.

We all saw what OBD did with his holdout earlier in the season. Peters came back and didn't set the world on fire and IMO he got lucky making the probowl. He played well but not quite probowl. Seeing that he did make the probowl though, I think he still holds his ground and will still want more money and the Bills I don't think will pony up! Peters may play the holdout game with hopes that he would get traded to a contender and we will end up with a pick or multiple picks.

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
I think you guys were missing my point...I'm saying that Peters hasn't been happy with coaching and other things on this team based on his recent media comments.

We all saw what OBD did with his holdout earlier in the season. Peters came back and didn't set the world on fire and IMO he got lucky making the probowl. He played well but not quite probowl. Seeing that he did make the probowl though, I think he still holds his ground and will still want more money and the Bills I don't think will pony up! Peters may play the holdout game with hopes that he would get traded to a contender and we will end up with a pick or multiple picks.
That's the idea, take a guy who was an undrafted TE, turn him into a star LT, then trade him away. You'll win a lot of Super Bowls using that formula every time a star player is due for a paycheck. :up: