PDA

View Full Version : If the Eagles make the playoffs....

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't be shocked if they are the Super Bowl champions this year. In my opinion they are the best team in the league right now.

PECKERWOOD
12-16-2008, 06:28 PM
I hope so man, I actually really like the Eagles alot, I'm a big fan of Donovan McNabb if you haven't noticed. Plus, when healthy Westbrook can carry that team by himself!

gr8slayer
12-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Yup, they have last years NYG written all over them if they get in.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Don't be shocked if they are the Super Bowl champions this year. In my opinion they are the best team in the league right now.
If McNabb doesn't puke all over the field.

patmoran2006
12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
They'd have a shot.. Im not really sold on any one team, but if someone forced me to choose today, I'd say Carolina probably has the best shot to win it all.

Ickybaluky
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
They'd have a shot.. Im not really sold on any one team, but if someone forced me to choose today, I'd say Carolina probably has the best shot to win it all.

I don't. Carolina isn't going to run the ball like they have all year against good defenses in the playoffs. They will need to rely more on Jake Delhomme, and he isn't good enough to get the job done. Delhomme has always been a gutty guy and a streaky player, but he isn't as good as he was before his arm injury. His good streaks don't last as long and his bad streaks last longer.

I agree, Philly might do some damage if they get it. The key for them is playing with the lead. They are a pretty good offensive team when they get Westbrook the ball a lot, and having the lead plays to their strengths on defense. When they fall behind, their defense gets exposed, because for all their speed they can get pushed around.

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Eagles are my favorite NFC team so I'm definitely pulling for them now that the Bills are out of it.

ZacGriffi~82
12-17-2008, 10:17 PM
^ yeah that.

Night Train
12-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Carolina didn't lose at home. Williams & Stewart have combined for 2000 yards rushing & 23 TD's. Steve Smith has 70 catches, averaging 103 yards per game. Still can turn the 6 yard slant into 60.
Muhsin Muhammad has 54 - 764 so far & has been clutch on 3rd down. The OL line has been outstanding. The D is smothering.

This just in. They're the real deal.

All conversations do not begin & end with the NFC East.

Ickybaluky
12-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Carolina didn't lose at home. Williams & Stewart have combined for 2000 yards rushing & 23 TD's. Steve Smith has 70 catches, averaging 103 yards per game. Still can turn the 6 yard slant into 60.
Muhsin Muhammad has 54 - 764 so far & has been clutch on 3rd down. The OL line has been outstanding. The D is smothering.

This just in. They're the real deal.

All conversations do not begin & end with the NFC East.

I just think Carolina will falter in the playoffs because they wil run into teams that play to make Jake Delhomme beat them. Delhomme hasn't had a great year despite their running game, with 59% completions, a 14-to-12 TD-to-Int and a QB Rating of 82. That is despite having a game-breaking WR in Smith. He is too inconsistent.

In the playoffs, he will face good defenses that load up against the run, roll coverage to Smith's side and force Delhomme to beat them. I don't think he can do it, and that is their achilles heel (IMO).

I think the conference winner ultimately comes out of the NFC East, whether that is the Giants, Eagles or (if they can somehow get their collective heads together) Cowboys.

patmoran2006
12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I respect most of em.. This is a message board, not the AP news wire.