• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Please stop with the Cowher talk.

It's not going to happen.

I'd love to have him here as much as anyone, preferably as coach but I'll take him as GM. I also want someone to leave a free 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD with the technology package in my parking spot, I want to win the lottery, I want to bench press 300 pounds and I want to slam dunk a basketball and I want a 10-figure bank account and I want to be able to shoot a 75 on an 18 hole golf course.

But none of those things are ever going to happen. EVER.

Ralph has committed to Jauron as coach. He has taken the cheap way out with his FO, and has stood by people who have proven to be ineffective. And while Ralph has proven that he's not cheap when it comes to FA's, he's also never gone after the cream of the crop either.

I also can't see Cowher entering a situation where Ralph's bottom line will affect his ability to get the guys he wants.

So please, stop setting us up for disappointment. We are not getting Bill Cowher.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • topher180
    • Sep 2008

Re: Please stop with the Cowher talk.

Dude I'm with you, but they aren't gonna. You know that. There's been several threads and phone calls to local radio already and until a coach is hired they won't let go.

inĀ·ept
    Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

you want to bench 300 lbs? that seems kind of like a luxury pick. it's like taking mcgahee when there are other desires or needs out there.

never understood the desire to get a huge chest. it just means when you get older, you have an increased chance at man boobs. Just saying.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Why should they stop? We need something positive to talk about. And thinking of Dickey being gone is our way

Comment

• baalworship
          • May 2003

I agree. Cowher is a pipe dream. Now a coordinator that is up and coming is a possibility that can be discussed realistically.

The point is even if Ralph saw the light Buffalo is not a desirable destination for somone that can pick any of the open teams.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            It's not going to happen.

I'd love to have him here as much as anyone, preferably as coach but I'll take him as GM. I also want someone to leave a free 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD with the technology package in my parking spot, I want to win the lottery, I want to bench press 300 pounds and I want to slam dunk a basketball and I want a 10-figure bank account and I want to be able to shoot a 75 on an 18 hole golf course.

But none of those things are ever going to happen. EVER.

Ralph has committed to Jauron as coach. He has taken the cheap way out with his FO, and has stood by people who have proven to be ineffective. And while Ralph has proven that he's not cheap when it comes to FA's, he's also never gone after the cream of the crop either.

I also can't see Cowher entering a situation where Ralph's bottom line will affect his ability to get the guys he wants.

So please, stop setting us up for disappointment. We are not getting Bill Cowher.
            I do not disagree

But:

Wishing
            Hoping
            Praying

is all that us Bills fans have at this point

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
              you want to bench 300 lbs? that seems kind of like a luxury pick. it's like taking mcgahee when there are other desires or needs out there.

never understood the desire to get a huge chest. it just means when you get older, you have an increased chance at man boobs. Just saying.

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

what the hell... cower only won one superbowl and it took him forever to do it. he's had his one time... not many coaches have more then one SB and has anyone won one with two diff teams? I dont think so as head coach.

so why go against the overwhelming odds that cowher can do it here?

This ends our Ralph Wilson Public Service Announcment
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Our owner has demonstarted that cash flow is primary and winning is secondary.

We aren't hiring Cowher and Cowher isn't interested in Buffalo.

Wilson did a good job of making the Bills look like they have one foot out the door so who wants to risk taking a job with a franchise where the 90 year old owner has no contigency plan when he dies.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Dude, Wilson is one of the best owners sports has ever seen, he's kept the team in Buffalo. He'll make it happen, right?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                      Why should they stop? We need something positive to talk about. And thinking of Dickey being gone is our way
                      because it's not "something positive". It's just conjecture- there's no substance behind it.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        because it's not "something positive". It's just conjecture- there's no substance behind it.
                        It's the same reason you and I get criticized at the beginning of the season for saying the team is 7-9 win team.

Funny how everyone that called us negative are now collamoring the hardest for every change possible.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

we all know Cowher has less than 0% chance of being hired by Ralph... but fans should not stop the pressure and demand for a coach of his quality... We have to keep up the pressure IMO... and Cowher would be the number 1 choice of available coaches.

Cowher is probably going to end up in Cleveland... Good for them to, they deserve a qualtiy team after all the BS clevelnad fans have been through. No different then the Bills, but again we have less the 0 cahnce because of organization ineptness.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            It's the same reason you and I get criticized at the beginning of the season for saying the team is 7-9 win team.

Funny how everyone that called us negative are now collamoring the hardest for every change possible.
                            this is true... but it still sucks dealing with constant negativity in the offseason. I just can't do it... If I felt the way some of you guys do during the offseason I'd probably just stop payin attention and stop posting. Who wants to be miserable all the time, not me anyways, I get enough of that during the season. The offseason will always be about renewed optomism for me.

I always change my tune mid-season when it becomes obvious nothing worked. I then call a spade a spade.... We all felt Turk would be an upgrade over Fairchild. We all felt the schedule was in our favor, we all felt the addition of Stroud would make our D much better and help our DE's actually get to the QB, We all felt starting trent would be a bit of a difference maker, we all felt Lynch would be better and the OL would be better since they had a whole season together (pre Peters holdout), we all felt that hardy would have some sort of impact, and for the 1st 6 games of the season we all felt that much of this had come true....

now at the end of the season Lynch is looking strong, but started slow, the OL has problems mainly at C and depth. injuries still plague this team since Rusty left, Turk has been a roller coaster ride, our DE's just flat out need ot be replaced, Jaron is still completely inept at gametime management, our D scheme blows donkey balls and gets exposed to often, Hardy was no where to be found, and Trent can't stay healthy.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              this is true... but it still sucks dealing with constant negativity in the offseason. I just can't do it... If I felt the way some of you guys do during the offseason I'd probably just stop payin attention and stop posting. Who wants to be miserable all the time, not me anyways, I get enough of that during the season. The offseason will always be about renewed optomism for me.
                              Nobody is being negative for the sake of being negative. Just being realistic.

I actually got criticized for being "positive" in the off-season and saying that I saw a "scenario" where the Bills could win the division. Well it actually developed and I didn't get any apologies for that.

The Bills were a 7-9 win team when the season started. I think the team is better than there record if we didn't have so many injuries and at bad times but not a playoff team yet.

But the signs were there before the season started. The DEs didn't look promising and Schobel was already past his prime. No legitimate #2 threat at the wideout position and it really hurt us this year. No TE that makes a difference, hence why we went after Tony Gonzales.

So nobody was being negative, just realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X