PDA

View Full Version : Duke Preston

NoCrowell?
12-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I realize many of you are completely down and out about our Buffalo Bills. I am completely devastated by the way the season has turned out. That being said, I’m interested to see some of your responses about what we should do with Duke Preston. I believe he is a big upgrade from Melvin Fowler and has improved dramatically over the course of the season. I know many of you were clamoring for Melvin Fowler after the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> game and there have been stretches of play that Duke has looked very average. I watched the Jets/Bills game 3 times and saw player holding his own with Kris Jenkins and getting significant push off the line of scrimmage at times. There are a couple of instances in which he borderline dominated Jenkins. I feel like bringing him back to our football team for continuity purposes may be in our best interest. The offense line has gotten much better in the running game and has played pretty well in pass protection as of late (minus a few Peter’s gaffes from the backside). Now I want the bills to win just as much as you all do. I feel like QB play, WR play, and play calling have all contributed to our sputtering offense. Our starting offense line is a strength of this offense and should be brought back. I’m curious to listen to some well thought out responses. The sarcastic, Duke Preston is fat and terrible, juvenile comments peanut gallery need not reply.

Jeff1220
12-17-2008, 07:22 AM
It would take more than one game to sell me that Duke has turned a corner. 99% of the time, he has sucked bad. That said, if cheap, I'd keep him around as depth. No way should he be starting.

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Chris Brown, a paid Bills employee, basically said on his gameday blog that Center is one of our highest priorities. He basically blamed our struggles against the 3-4 defenses on our weakness at Center.

I though Pennington was doing a good job at RT and the guy didn't even stay as a backup so what we see and what the coaches see are two diffenerent things.

Preston may stay, but as depth only.

We are getting a new Center.

FlyingDutchman
12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
The interior line is one of the biggest needs on this team. We desperately need a center. Preston is depth and nothing more. Watch some of tapes and you will just see the center of our line just getting blown up in the backfield. Preston has looked foolish at times. I know some people are sold on Butler, but im not. Our Oline problem needs to be addressed as badly as DE or we will just have the same results next year. I seriously am so fed with our center problem over the last 5 years, that i pray we spend a first day pick on Max Unger.

bigbub2352
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Duke Preston is yet another career backup that should stay a backup, He has efort but is tooo weak in the trenchs, i think he is more serviceable than Fowler that is not saying much
We should be drafting this position as a priority next year just as hi as TE