PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills Select...

Yasgur's Farm
12-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Forked from: With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills Select... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2765598)

QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma...thoughts?I forked this because there's an issue here that needs to be focused on...

Is Trent Edwards THE franchise QB?

For all the good games he's had, there are still a few issues...

1) We've yet to see him take on the weather and have success. It's a HUGE part of being a Buffalo Bills QB and at this point we'll have to wait until the end of next season to find out.

2) There's got to be tremendous concern at this point concerning his durability.

I'm off to work... I'll continue my thoughts on lunch break.

Yasgur's Farm
12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
3) There's no evidence that he doesn't dismiss the primary receiver in route to his check-down guy.

Here are the possibilities for 2009 as I see them...

1) Sign a veteran back-up and take our chances on Trent improving on the previously mentioned items.

2) Sign a veteran starter (McNabb) and let Trent season a bit... Ralph would like this because he may be cheaper when his rookie contract expires.

3) Sign a vet starter (McNabb), trade Trent for a 2nd rounder, and use our top pick on the best QB available with our #1 pick.

I kinda like #3 best.

Mski
12-17-2008, 12:18 PM
QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma...thoughts?

isnt he only a sophmore?

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
[/i]

isnt he only a sophmore?

I believe the rule is the player has to be 3 years removed from high school and Bradford is a RS-sophmore which would be 3 years. Not 100% sure on that though.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 02:14 PM
The Buffalo Bills have no business drafting any more QB's until they make the moves in the coaching staff to give the kid a chance. As it stands right now there are no proven QB coaches on the staff that can raise a guy from being a nobody to being a star. It would be a waste of a pick in my opinion and there are far greater needs on the team anyway, Edwards is doable for now.

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
No more rookie QB's. If the staff thinks Trent isn't the answer, bring in a vet. This rebuilding garbage has got to end.

Mudflap1
12-17-2008, 02:17 PM
The Buffalo Bills have no business drafting any more QB's until they make the moves in the coaching staff to give the kid a chance. As it stands right now there are no proven QB coaches on the staff that can raise a guy from being a nobody to being a star. It would be a waste of a pick in my opinion and there are far greater needs on the team anyway, Edwards is doable for now.

Bingo! The Bills could draft the next Peyton Manning, but the Bills (at this point) will just ruin him. It's my concern for high draft picks as a whole.

Jon

TacklingDummy
12-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Keep drafting a franchise QB until you actually find one.

Mudflap1
12-17-2008, 02:18 PM
No more rookie QB's. If the staff thinks Trent isn't the answer, bring in a vet. This rebuilding garbage has got to end.

Tennessee and Tampa Bay have shown you don't need a gangbusters QB to win. You need a good defense, a good offensive line, a good running game, good special teams, and a steady veteran QB who will protect the ball. That will get you 10 or 11 wins most years (at least).

Jon

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Too bad the people doing the drafting are like blind people playing darts. Eventually they'll get a bullseye by pure luck, but they're probably going to completely whiff 50 or 60 times first.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Good idea, set the franchise back three years every time too.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Good idea, set the franchise back three years every time too.

Set it back from what?

Maybe they should have thought of that back in the 2006 draft.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Tennessee and Tampa Bay have shown you don't need a gangbusters QB to win.

How many times in the past 20 years has a non-franchise type QB led his team to a Super Bowl victory?

DraftBoy
12-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I believe the rule is the player has to be 3 years removed from high school and Bradford is a RS-sophmore which would be 3 years. Not 100% sure on that though.

That is correct, any RS-Soph is draft eligible. Other names that may leave earlier are;

Knowshon Moreno RB UGA
Micheal Crabtree WR Texas Tech
LeSean McCoy RB Pitt

Mski
12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
dilfer in baltimore, and the guy on the bucs a few years ago

EDS
12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
How many times in the past 20 years has a non-franchise type QB led his team to a Super Bowl victory?

Three in the past 20 years:

J. Hostetler
T. Dilfer
B. Johnson