PDA

View Full Version : Before we rid of anyone else...

patmoran2006
12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I hope the FIRST person gone is Modrak.

His fingerprints have been all over both the Donahoe and Levy era drafts, and that's killing us more than anything else, even more than a stupid game-day caoch.

Whitner instead of Cutler. McCargo instead of Mangold.
Mike Williams in 2002
Willis McGahee (1st) and Chris Kelsay (2nd) in 2003
Losman in 2004

Early round busts have killed this team more than anything. When is the last time this club DRAFTED in impact player aside from maybe Lynch?

SO I hope he gets the hammer dropped on him first.

As for Guy, equally unimpressive in the pro personnel department, I hope the Bills do what Lecter suggested; replace him with Dick Jauron.

It keeps him on board and ralph isn't throwing his money away. My problem with Jauron is on game day, he'd probably be decent in Guy's position.

Regardless, I hope Modrak is the first one gone.

Jan Reimers
12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
He does seem to be the one common denominator in 8 years of uncommonly mediocre drafting.

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Modrak refused to move to Buffalo because "he liked Florida". Explain to me how this guy gets to call his own shots. Sorry but Modrak needs to go.

historypete
12-17-2008, 10:59 AM
John Guy can walk out the door with him at the same time as far as I'm concerned. Both have been abysmal. At least Modrak has found some late talent, but that doesn't make up for bonehead decisions early in the draft.

I'll say it again, this organization needs a complete overhaul. I'm okay with Brandon if he can bring is solid football people to help him, starting with Floyd Reese or Shottenheimer at the top, but as for everyone else, I hope the door hits them in the ass on the way out.

Mitchell55
12-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Only good picks were edwards, lynch, maybe youboty, maybe pos.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
How you rate McGahee a bust and Lynch an impact player baffles me.

They both have brought identical stats to the table.

They both have done well to endear themselves to the fanbase.

bigbub2352
12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Couldnt agree more
How many Whiffs do u get on the 1st day to consider urself a poor talent evaluater
Modrak is done a poor job on these guys, he doesnt probably care to much either
Lets not throw him under the bus alone
How about the mismangement of Ron Guy as well, over paying for current players and signing horrible FAs since he has been here as well
Front office is just as much to blame as is the coaching RW u sure no what ur doin old fella
this is a joke and sad at the same time
We are all a bunch of posters and we see the problems yet nothing is done
sad sad sad

Mski
12-17-2008, 12:28 PM
How you rate McGahee a bust and Lynch an impact player baffles me.

They both have brought identical stats to the table.

They both have done well to endear themselves to the fanbase.

the last thing mcgahee did was endear himself to the fans, he found a way to bash the city every chance he got once he started playing

lynch: 17.1 atts/game, 1002 yards, 5 for 20+ , 2 fumbles, 7 TD
mcgahee: 14.4 atts/ganme, 539 yards, 0 for 20+, 2 fumbles, 5 TD

those look like identical stats to me
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0011&statisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 12:43 PM
McGahee was good during his first season here because he was trying to prove a point. He then slowly tailed off, went to Baltimore (where all the Ravens fans bashed the Bills fans for saying he wouldn't be good) and is now sharing the workload with 2 other guys. Lynch is a much better RB than McGahee. I wouldn't call Willis a bust though. He did enough while he was here to prove otherwise.

raphael120
12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
I think it's very important as Bills fans that we all recognize the problem goes well beyond just JP Losman, Trent Edwards, or Dick Jauron. The problem goes well beyond that, and I'd even say there is a need of a culture change in this organization because it's been a culture of embarassment and losing.

Philagape
12-17-2008, 01:06 PM
McGahee got owned by LeRon McClain.

Bust.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 01:08 PM
McGahee got owned by LeRon McClain.

Bust.

Maybe now, but he wasn't in Buffalo.

He produced decent enough to get the Bills more picks and an upgrade in the process.

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Sadly, drafting has a luck componant as well and we fall low on the luck chart.

Whitner, Simpson, Yobouty all looked like really solid picks but have really under contributed to this team.

This was supposed to be Poz's breakout year and he looks really weak out there.

Hardy for all of the size caught 87 yards worth of passes.

McCargo is already finished as a Bill after a 2 year career.

Merz and Pennington didn't even last 2 years.

Yeah, not good.

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 01:10 PM
I think it's very important as Bills fans that we all recognize the problem goes well beyond just JP Losman, Trent Edwards, or Dick Jauron. The problem goes well beyond that, and I'd even say there is a need of a culture change in this organization because it's been a culture of embarassment and losing.

Great post. It's the same BS year after year. Maybe time for a fresh attitude.

Miami is living proof that it shouldn't take 3 years to rebuild a contender.

Ebenezer
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I've been saying that Modrak and Guy were the problem since people first started calling for TD's head. TD, the prez, wasn't bad. TD, the GM, was bad. The people around him are still here and terrible.

Night Train
12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
What they need to do is hire a GM/Coach type that will clean house, so no possible weak link is left behind.

I can't say I honestly expect that. I always expect less when Ralph is involved.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 02:49 PM
the last thing mcgahee did was endear himself to the fans, he found a way to bash the city every chance he got once he started playing

lynch: 17.1 atts/game, 1002 yards, 5 for 20+ , 2 fumbles, 7 TD
mcgahee: 14.4 atts/ganme, 539 yards, 0 for 20+, 2 fumbles, 5 TD

those look like identical stats to me
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0011&statisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Look at their stats from last year.

Then look at their stats from when McGahee did play here compared to Lynch's.

They both gave us identical production.

This year, Baltimore has benched him a couple times and he's been hurt.

If he was here, his numbers would look around the same as Lynch's.

patmoran2006
12-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Lynch is alot better than McGahee, its about more than just numbers.
Plus, Lynch is going to get a lot better, especially if we ever get a competent passing game in here, which is questionable.

Mitchell55
12-17-2008, 04:22 PM
McGahee doesnt even start now. LOL.

Mudflap1
12-17-2008, 04:29 PM
What they need to do is hire a GM/Coach type that will clean house, so no possible weak link is left behind.

I can't say I honestly expect that. I always expect less when Ralph is involved.

Where has a coach who was also a GM at the same time worked? Seriously ... it usually doesn't. It's too much work for one guy.

Jon

Michael82
12-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Once we got rid of Donahoe....what the **** made Ralph keep those two idiots? Guy has been awful at selecting FAs for years. Look at the studs he got....

LB London Fletcher
TE Dave Moore
OT Marcus Price
OT Trey Teague
K Mike Hollis
LB Eddie Robinson
WR Charles Johnson

LB Jeff Posey
LB Takeo Spikes
WR Bobby Shaw
DB Izell Reese
DT Sam Adams
K Rian Lindell
FB Sam Gash
SS Lawyer Milloy

FB Daimon Shelton
OG Chris Villarrial
CB Troy Vincent
QB Shane Matthews

OT Mike Gandy
OG Bennie Anderson
QB Kelly Holcomb

2006 - The worst Off-season EVER... :ill:
TE Robert Royal
DT Larry Tripplett
WR Andre Davis
S Matt Bowen
QB Craig Nall
C Melvin Fowler
WR Peerless Price
OG Tutan Reyes
RB Anthony Thomas

OT Langston Walker
OL Jason Whittle
OG Derrick Dockery
CB Jason Webster
TE Michael Gaines

sba
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Only good picks were edwards, lynch, maybe youboty, maybe pos.

I think Kyle Williams was a solid pick.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Lynch is alot better than McGahee, its about more than just numbers.
Plus, Lynch is going to get a lot better, especially if we ever get a competent passing game in here, which is questionable.

How you can even make this argument baffles me.

McGahee put up similar stats or better here behind an even worse offensive line.

acehole
12-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Interesting post thanks pat.

Keep in mind he is doing it with a cheap bastard behind him....

I hope the FIRST person gone is Modrak.

His fingerprints have been all over both the Donahoe and Levy era drafts, and that's killing us more than anything else, even more than a stupid game-day caoch.

Whitner instead of Cutler. McCargo instead of Mangold.
Mike Williams in 2002
Willis McGahee (1st) and Chris Kelsay (2nd) in 2003
Losman in 2004

Early round busts have killed this team more than anything. When is the last time this club DRAFTED in impact player aside from maybe Lynch?

SO I hope he gets the hammer dropped on him first.

As for Guy, equally unimpressive in the pro personnel department, I hope the Bills do what Lecter suggested; replace him with Dick Jauron.

It keeps him on board and ralph isn't throwing his money away. My problem with Jauron is on game day, he'd probably be decent in Guy's position.

Regardless, I hope Modrak is the first one gone.

Philagape
12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Maybe now, but he wasn't in Buffalo.

He produced decent enough to get the Bills more picks and an upgrade in the process.

He cost a first-round pick and gave the Bills one good season, and the jury's out on the resulting picks to say the least. Right now, that's a downgrade.

And I don't give a crap about stats, Lynch OWNS McGahee by a mile. Same talent with a thousand times more heart. McGahee is a worthless punk who doesn't deserve to be in the conversation.
Lynch would not have gotten benched for LeRon McClain, and I bet if McGahee were still here, he'd fall behind Fred Jackson.

SABURZFAN
12-18-2008, 10:00 AM
He does seem to be the one common denominator in 8 years of uncommonly mediocre drafting.

it's Billy Buffalo too. the Bills haven't made the playoffs since that blue buffoon has existed either. :mad: