• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Denver game: We'll see how Evans does

i watched the Denver carolina highlights yesterday. I don't care who the QB is. Delhomme completed about every pass off the passing tree to Steve smith. in double coverage, in single coverage, long, short, everything.

Evans better get the WR screens, the long passes, the crossing route. He is going to be open. If he does not have at least 8 catches for 100 yards, i'm going to seriously just think Evans is a studly #2 and was a waste of $40MM.

Denver's defense can't stop the pass, they can't stop the run. If the bills ran as effectively over the #4 run defense, they should be able to have 8-9 men in the box and evans will be open.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Denver game: We'll see how Evans does

I think Evans is a Number 1 WR who has ridden the crazy QB carousel for so long in Buffalo that it's very difficult to tell how good he is - or could be.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Evans' lack of production has been frustrating this year. Part of it is the QB problem, but I have to wonder if he's not getting open. With the views they show on TV, it's really hard to tell where the problem is.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

I expect at least 150 out of Marshawn. Denver has a non-existant run defense.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Oh, will he have the incompetent Losman or the untested Hamdan throwing at him Sunday?
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Is delhomme really all that? or does Steve Smith make Delhomme? this is a debate within its self.

But moulds made plays with freaking holcomb. Reed made plays with reich (who went on to prove that he wasn't starter material in Detriot).

I think that evans gets open, but that the QB's struggle with seeing him. When he runs long, he's blatantly open and that's when they throw to him. I think when he runs the 10-15 yard route, it really is a matter of timing and knowing when to throw. Trent is still learning this. You might have to release it before the guy is open.

But from the carolina/denver highlights, denver had to play the bills coverage where the CB is 10 yards off. So they'd throw him the screen and he'd pick up 10 yards. Then when they got up on him, he would go into double coverage zones, jump for the underthrown ball and make the play.

I just think at some point, the Bills OC needs to make the priority of putting the ball in evans hands on the majority of their passing plays. He will be open. And i fully agree. I think Lynch and Jackson will have 100+ yards each. anything less and it'll be another failure from our putrid coaching staff.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

At the home games, it's almost comical how often Evans is open & the QB's don't see him at all.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                Is delhomme really all that? or does Steve Smith make Delhomme? this is a debate within its self.

But moulds made plays with freaking holcomb. Reed made plays with reich (who went on to prove that he wasn't starter material in Detriot).

I think that evans gets open, but that the QB's struggle with seeing him. When he runs long, he's blatantly open and that's when they throw to him. I think when he runs the 10-15 yard route, it really is a matter of timing and knowing when to throw. Trent is still learning this. You might have to release it before the guy is open.

But from the carolina/denver highlights, denver had to play the bills coverage where the CB is 10 yards off. So they'd throw him the screen and he'd pick up 10 yards. Then when they got up on him, he would go into double coverage zones, jump for the underthrown ball and make the play.

I just think at some point, the Bills OC needs to make the priority of putting the ball in evans hands on the majority of their passing plays. He will be open. And i fully agree. I think Lynch and Jackson will have 100+ yards each. anything less and it'll be another failure from our putrid coaching staff.
                The Browns secondary also blows, and Evans was open on half the pass plays they ran in that game. Its a matter of having someone throwing him the ball. If Evans doesnt get lots of catches, it will take a lot of analysis to see if its actually his fault or not.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  The Browns secondary also blows, and Evans was open on half the pass plays they ran in that game. Its a matter of having someone throwing him the ball. If Evans doesnt get lots of catches, it will take a lot of analysis to see if its actually his fault or not.
                  this further adds to my hatred that television coverage of football stops at the line of scrimmage. Why can't they pan back a little and lut us see what is developing? True football fans would rather see the play develop from a "madden football camera" at the ends of the stadium more so than up close LOS views.

I wish they would change this.

I also agree, from the games i've gone to, evans is open. But when you are throwing, it might seem, like he's not. And viceversa, he looks wide open, and you release it and 8 guys are there.

This team would be greatly aided if it could get an Andre Johnson into the mix.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

this further adds to my hatred that television coverage of football stops at the line of scrimmage. Why can't they pan back a little and lut us see what is developing? True football fans would rather see the play develop from a "madden football camera" at the ends of the stadium more so than up close LOS views.

I also agree, from the games i've gone to, evans is open. But when you are throwing, it might seem, like he's not. And viceversa, he looks wide open, and you release it and 8 guys are there.

This team would be greatly aided if it could get an Andre Johnson into the mix.
                    That's why I prefer the level 300 seats when I attend home games. It gives me a broad view of everything that is happening on the field.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

My prediction?

4 catches 42 yards

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

the overhead cam is the way to view the field and really see who was open or not, but its a hard angle to sell to casual fans I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X