PDA

View Full Version : Any Edwards updates?!?!?!?

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Can't handle another week of JP Loserman discussion/debate.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2008, 10:57 AM
He's not playing the rest of the year.

Remember JP saying he's going to use the rest of year to make up his highlight reel. Why would he make a statement like that if he knew Trent was coming back?

trapezeus
12-17-2008, 10:58 AM
no word, but it seems like hamdan is going to get thrown in at some point. And as i've said in several other threads, i will anxiously await the monday billszone message board if hamdan wins or plays competently in Denver. From the JP should have never been our back up threads to the Hamdan clearly is better than edwards. It should be amusing.

DraftBoy
12-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Hamdan v. Baker for 2009 Starting QB role!!

jamze132
12-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Might as well let Hamdan play and see what he can do with two games to prepare for. We couldn't do any worse in the "L" column...

patmoran2006
12-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I highly doubt Edwards plays again this year. Dont see what there is to gain with him in there at this point.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-17-2008, 11:01 AM
There is mentioning about a surgery for him in the off-season in one of the telecast.

Night Train
12-17-2008, 11:02 AM
During this off-season, a QB should be drafted & a Vet should be signed to compete with the brittle Edwards. He's still a huge question mark.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 11:03 AM
He's not playing the rest of the year.

Remember JP saying he's going to use the rest of year to make up his highlight reel. Why would he make a statement like that if he knew Trent was coming back?

:rofl:

He either has a very good video editor or it's going to be a very short video.

theanswer74
12-17-2008, 11:06 AM
No updates on Edwards as of yet, but word is he is still a *****.

Jan Reimers
12-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Why play your starting QB, who has a nagging groin injury, in either of these 2 totally meaningless games?

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
If he really is injured, just let him rest for the last two games. If he needs any kind of surgery, get it now, don't push it off for no reason.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Why play your starting QB, who has a nagging groin injury, in either of these 2 totally meaningless games?

Edwards is not an established QB. He needs to play and see different things.

I strongly believe the troubled he had with 3-4 earlier this season has something to do with that. I also believe it's an experience with Schonert, who is as inexperienced as Edwards in running an offense the first time - he has no answers when opposing defense caught on).

Win or Lose, it does not matter. But him playing is what matters. This is not pre-season. Opposing team will bring the real stuff in these games.

Jan Reimers
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Trent needs the work. Dick needs the wins. Why on earth would our starting QB be sitting if he were healthy?

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't understand some of the posts here:

1) Edwards needs all the starts he can get. If he's 90% he should be out there getting reps. How many games did Kelly play with a knee brace?

2) Hamden is competing for the #2 spot next year or at worst he gets time in case both QBs go down, which does happen.

3) How did Edwards injure his groin so bad that it needs surgery? It wasn't even an injury that happened in a game.

4) Losman should not see the field again this year unless Hamden is 10X worse.

Jan Reimers
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
What I don't understand are the conspiracy theories that Trent isn't really hurt. They make absolutely no sense from any standpoint. And groin injuries can take forever to heal. They are not to be taken lightly.

circlethewagons
12-17-2008, 11:55 AM
From Chris Brown:

Edwards practicing, Lynch not

Trent Edwards is practicing for the first time in 3 weeks here on Wednesday. He’s taking snaps in individual position drills.
We’ll see if that continues in team workn but he appears to be moving pretty well laterally and in his dropbacks and is effectively driving his hips into his throws.
Meanwhile Marshawn Lynch is not practicing. No word on what his affliction might be. He was bothered by back spasms two weeks ago.
Jason Peters appears limited as Kirk Chambers is getting snaps at left tackle with the first unit. Jabari Greer also appears limited with Leodis McKelvin still getting first team reps at right cornerback.
Corey McIntyre is not in attendance.

DraftBoy
12-17-2008, 11:58 AM
So basically another loss on Sunday...Good to know!

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 12:08 PM
From Chris Brown:

Just saw this.

For the record, if Edwards does not see the field this week than Jauron and his staff should be fired. I want to see Edwards play and see if we need to re-evaluate our QB situation.

We all complained about Mularkey doing the same stupid thing with Losman when he had Holcomb out there for no reason what-so-ever.

Philagape
12-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Edwards needs to play.

And any talk about a fake injury is embarrassing tinfoil-hat silliness that's beneath even the fan generation raised on sports radio.