PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth is a UFA....

Mitchy moo
12-17-2008, 12:55 PM
All thanks to the probowl nod......

It was on MIKE AND MIKE this morning who first off said Peters wasn't worthy of the pick but on the crawl I saw that Albert Haynesworth had a clause in his contract that if he was to be named to the probowl the team could not GIVE him the FRANCHISE TAG.

Him and Stroud would make us shout out loud.

P.S. MCL, yeah I know.

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 01:01 PM
It will NEVER happen.

First, he's unlikely to get out of Tennessee, Pro Bowl or not. They'll throw wheelbarrows of cash at him if they have to, but I can't see them letting him go.

Second, our big off-season acquisition last year was the trade for Stroud. This FO makes one big move per off-season. They won't go DT two years in a row.

trapezeus
12-17-2008, 01:03 PM
haynesworth has the knee issue now. let's see how he does in the playoffs. however a gippy awesome player is much beetter than a healthy denney

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 01:04 PM
There is no way Tennessee lets him walk.

Mitchy moo
12-17-2008, 01:25 PM

We'll see, we have plenty of left over money to get him next year. I think we'll be like $35 Million + under the cap, so it's possible.

I personally consider our inability to pressure opposing QB's one of our biggest problems. That exclusive feature has helped the Giants, Pittsburgh and now even Tennessee to the playoffs.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
We'll see, we have plenty of left over money to get him next year. I think we'll be like $35 Million + under the cap, so it's possible.

I personally consider our inability to pressure opposing QB's one of our biggest problems. That exclusive feature has helped the Giants, Pittsburgh and now even Tennessee to the playoffs.

It doesn't always come down to money.

Will Haynesworth wanna leave? Will Tennessee meet all his demands before he hits the open market? Will he want to play for an embarrassing franchise like Buffalo?

Mitchy moo
12-17-2008, 01:36 PM
It doesn't always come down to money.

Will Haynesworth wanna leave? Will Tennessee meet all his demands before he hits the open market? Will he want to play for an embarrassing franchise like Buffalo?

Personally, I think the most embarrassing thing about our franchise is JP Losman and him getting to play. The coaching and management inability to utilize the talent they have run a close 2nd but JP is a complete Moron.

The JP problem is solved in a few weeks, the coaching / management situation may take longer.

DraftBoy
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Gr8 knows more about this then I can remeber but if memory serves me right Haynesworth had this clause in his deal specifically so he could get out of TN. I dont think he is planning on staying there no matter the cash. Maybe things have changed for him but last I heard he didnt want to stay.

bigbub2352
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
we wont spend the money we never do Skoob but i would luv it

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Gr8 knows more about this then I can remeber but if memory serves me right Haynesworth had this clause in his deal specifically so he could get out of TN. I dont think he is planning on staying there no matter the cash. Maybe things have changed for him but last I heard he didnt want to stay.

winning solves that problem...

Mitchy moo
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM

So does a huge payday, which is one of the reasons he had that clause written in there.

DraftBoy
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Not completely, but for the most part you are correct. We'll just have to wait and see. Personally I see him going to the NFC East.

Ickybaluky
12-17-2008, 02:31 PM
P.S. MCL, yeah I know.

That isn't a concern. It is a 4-6 week injury that doesn't require surgery.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, from everything I've heard and read he has absolutely no intention on re-signing with Tennessee. He really took it to heart when they would not give him a long-term deal over the off-season. This may have changed over the course of the season, but I know he was flat out pissed off at the start of it. Tennessee also isn't a team with a reputation of paying huge sums of money to players making it less likely to happen.

By the way, the idea of signing him might sound great but he is going to command a lot more money than he's worth at this juncture. I'm honestly thinking he gets somewhere in the neighborhood of $62.5 million over six or seven years. That's just too much for one guy who has a history (granted not in the past two seasons) of getting lazy and showing up overweight and out of shape.

ddaryl
12-17-2008, 02:41 PM

it becomes a salary cap issue and who has the most room to manuever

not saying there is even a small chance the Bills do this since we need DE's and a proven C but the Bills cash to cap has left us with money to spend if Ralph was honest about giving a home game to Toronto to be better able to compete with the big market teams ... right ?

BlackMetalNinja
12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
That's just too much for one guy who has a history (granted not in the past two seasons) of getting lazy and showing up overweight and out of shape.Oh, I thought that was cause for a guy to make a pro bowl and have boatloads of cash thrown at him? Which is it, I've gotten confused with all the expertise being thrown around.

On second though, nevermind, I'll just wait for ESPN to give me my opinion.

gr8slayer
it becomes a salary cap issue and who has the most room to manuever

not saying there is even a small chance the Bills do this since we need DE's and a proven C but the Bills cash to cap has left us with money to spend if Ralph was honest about giving a home game to Toronto to be better able to compete with the big market teams ... right ?
Yeah, there are actually bigger positions of need than DT at this point. You also have to consider that Stroud is up for a new contract soon too, do you just let him walk?

ddaryl
we wont spend the money we never do Skoob but i would luv it

not true... Dockery cost a pretty penny... we've resigned Evans.... got Spikes years ago...

we have cap room where many other teams will not... not saying it will happen, but you're logic can be proven false.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh, I thought that was cause for a guy to make a pro bowl and have boatloads of cash thrown at him? Which is it, I've gotten confused with all the expertise being thrown around.

On second though, nevermind, I'll just wait for ESPN to give me my opinion.
:yawn:

Stick to UFC talk.

Stewie
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
bottom line: Having Haynesworth instantly improves this football team, by a lot. If the money is available, make a run at him. Got nothing to lose, and a lot to gain.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
bottom line: Having Haynesworth instantly improves this football team, by a lot. If the money is available, make a run at him. Got nothing to lose, and a lot to gain.
I disagree, there is a lot to lose on many levels. If giving Haynesworth $62.5 million stops the Bills from being able to go out and get a proven C, DE, LB, S, and QB (2) then the Bills have lost a lot and will be the same team come this time next year. Granted there is the draft, but you can't just assume that every draftee is going to work out. There still needs to be a couple of proven FA's sprinkled in to make it work.

There is simply too much risk involved in my mind. If Stroud weren't already on the team and playing well it would be a different story.

PECKERWOOD
12-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Stroud and Haynesworth in the middle, LOL. Would love to see teams try to run on us then. It still wouldn't make sense for us to sign him though.. Kyle Williams is a good football player.

Mitchy moo
12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Stroud and Haynesworth in the middle, LOL. Would love to see teams try to run on us then.

Run would be covered, pass rush improved and McLovin shuts them down on the pass, Poz kills them in the middle as well. Defense would be drastically improved.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Franchise Tag

HHURRICANE
12-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Funny but our interior was not the problem this year so why would we do this??

DE
DE
DE
DE
DE
DE
DE
DE
DE

DE
DE
DE

Ickybaluky
12-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Why would you do it? Because he is the most dominant defender in the NFL, that is why. It would take a boatload of money, as he will probably be made the highest paid defender in NFL history, but given how much he changes the game, he is probably worth it.

Haynesworth is a bear, he changes the whole defense, like Reggie White does. His ability to collapse the pocket and put pressure in the QBs face is the reason why Tennessee has a great pass rush. Their DE aren't that great, but Haynesworth collapses the pocket and the QB can't step up, so the Tennessee DE just have to be fast enough to get around the outside and the QB will be there. He had 8.5 sacks of his own, but he should get credit for half the sacks their DE get.

I think I would take Haynesworth over any other defensive player in the NFL. He is that good.

Mitchy moo
12-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Why would you do it? Because he is the most dominant defender in the NFL, that is why. It would take a boatload of money, as he will probably be made the highest paid defender in NFL history, but given how much he changes the game, he is probably worth it.

Haynesworth is a bear, he changes the whole defense, like Reggie White does. His ability to collapse the pocket and put pressure in the QBs face is the reason why Tennessee has a great pass rush. Their DE aren't that great, but Haynesworth collapses the pocket and the QB can't step up, so the Tennessee DE just have to be fast enough to get around the outside and the QB will be there. He had 8.5 sacks of his own, but he should get credit for half the sacks their DE get.

I think I would take Haynesworth over any other defensive player in the NFL. He is that good.

He won't fit in Buffalo then, we do things to isolate the fans. Like not talking about contracts for whatever gay reason.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Franchise Tag
They can't, he met his requirements.