X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

For those who want to blame the QB...

In games that Edwards has started and finished in since joining the Bills his record is:

9-7

Compare this to Losman who is 2-6 over the same period.

I did not count games where the guy who started didn't finish.

Edwards is a second year player who's not on a very good team but he has a winning record. Just thought I'd like to remind you not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: For those who want to blame the QB...

True, in terms who is better, Edwards or Losman, it's clear. However, as a whole, the team fails to beat teams with winning records and is only capable of beating bottom-feeders.

Jon

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      True, in terms who is better, Edwards or Losman, it's clear. However, as a whole, the team fails to beat teams with winning records and is only capable of beating bottom-feeders.

Jon
      Edwards could easily disappoint me next year but I stilll believe this guy is not the issue at this point.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Why everyone continues to bring Losman into the argument is just beyond me.

Buffalo Bills QB = Trent Edwards, that is it and there's no question about it.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

But but but JP can throw it threw the goalposts from the 50 and he just hasn't been given a fair chance here. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR. JP needs just a few more chances to show he's an elite player. But he needs more help. It's really quite simple and it's RIDICULOUS we haven't done this.

1) hire some all world coaches.
          2) draft or sign all pro's at the other 10 offensive positions.
          3) draft or sign all pro's at all 11 defensive positions so he'll get the ball in decent field position.
          4) limit the offense to either running plays or fly patterns with some flea flickers.

THEN JP is going to make you mean old haters rue the day you ever doubted him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Edwards has sucked this year and nobody on this board likes him more than me.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Edwards has sucked this year and nobody on this board likes him more than me.
              I have hope that TE was impacted by the concussion. He looked good before that. If he wasn't, you're right he blows.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i think one thing that is lacking under the jauron led teams is swagger. And you can even see it from the JP fumble play last week.

DJ called in the PA pass and players disagreed with it. Is this the first time this has ever happened in the NFL? Probably not. But his laid back attitude allows players to question the play and then fail to execute. It allows JP to not fully pull off the play action. It allows Peters to not block a soul on the play (regardless if elam was his assignment or not, he has to put a block on someone), it allows Mcintyre to get jammed at the line.

You have to have a coach who says "i'm calling the plays. i don't care if you like them or not, you better execute what has been practiced or you aren't playing the next set of downs or games."

It's one thing to be a people manager in an office gig. But it's another to be the people's manager in a fast paced environment. you need to make decisions quickly and you need everyone on the same page. Even if they don't like it, they need to buy it or mistakes will happen.

A better team would have had all 11 people doing the right thing. it would have ended with a thrown away pass at the worst.

This doesn't let JP off the hook for 4 miserable years of QBing, but it does explain why we come up short so many times during the season and end with the same "i don't like the play calls" comments we hear. You don't have to like the calls, kids. you need to execute them.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

I don't disagree with you about JP. However all the excuses or reasons whichever word you prefer given for Edwards not being really good yet are the same excuses and reason the JP people used! Bottom line they both suck and so do the HC's an OC's they played for!
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    In games that Edwards has started and finished in since joining the Bills his record is:

9-7

Compare this to Losman who is 2-6 over the same period.

Like I told you the first time you posted this. What are the combined records of the teams Edwards faced vs. the combined record of teams JP faced?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                      Why everyone continues to bring Losman into the argument is just beyond me.

Buffalo Bills QB = Trent Edwards, that is it and there's no question about it.
                      It wasn't meant to bash JP but to make a point that Edwards isn't the pressing issue right now with a 9-7 record.

I think the concussion also had some play because 3 of his losses were after this.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                        I don't disagree with you about JP. However all the excuses or reasons whichever word you prefer given for Edwards not being really good yet are the same excuses and reason the JP people used! Bottom line they both suck and so do the HC's an OC's they played for!
                        If Edwards is still stinking up western New York in his third year like JP did in his FIFTH, the excuses will go away as they did for JP.
                        I think most critics have been pretty consistent relative to the level of experience.

And frankly, they're not the same QB, so the same excuses aren't always valid for both.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                          I disagree...it is way too early to put that label on TE.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Trent started 2007

Wins

Jets 4-12
                            Ravens 5-11
                            Jets 4-12
                            Redskins 9-7
                            Miami 1-15

Combined 23-57

Seattle 3-11
                            Jags 5-9
                            Oak 3-11
                            St. Louis 2-12
                            SD 6-8
                            KC 2-12

Combined 21-63

2 year Total 45-120

I am going to out on a limb here and say the Bills probably would have won all those games no matter who played QB.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Like I told you the first time you posted this. What are the combined records of the teams Edwards faced vs. the combined record of teams JP faced?
                              Haven't had a chance to look it up because you would have to look at 2007 individually. I'll guess it's irrelevant but when I get a chance I'll check.

Comment

Working...
                              X