• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Some Bills 1st round Mock Drafts

11) Buffalo - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    Curry may grade out as the top LB on a lot of teams boards, and for a team needing help on the strong side, he would be a terrific pickup. The Bills could use his all around ability to help shore up this hole.

12. Buffalo Bills (6-8) – Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

11. BUF: Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
    The Bills went cornerback with their first pick in 2008 and the defense is still what needs to be addressed. If Maualuga falls this far, it will be the best pick of the 2009 NFL Draft.

12) Brian Cushing-OLB-USC

13) Jermaine Gresham TE- Oka.

1o. Buffalo Bills: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois. No I am not stupid. I know that they took Leodis McKelvin with their last first round pick but that still leaves a lot to be desired at Cornerback. It is not terribly pressing but when a top 10 prospect like Davis is still on the board and you could use more talent at Cornerback then they would be crazy not to jump on to this like a dog with a bone. He is better than McKelvin in my personal opinion and could be the next great Cornerback duo for years to come.

18) Bills - Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State

14) Buffalo Bills: Peria Jerry, DT/Mississippi (Sr) – I think the failed trade to send McCargo to the Colts shows the Bills want DT depth but do not have it. I know a lot of you like Marks but the way Jerry has been playing as of late has created a lot of buzz around him and his stock is up. Marks is talented but remember DT is the hardest (other than QB) position to draft an immediate impact player and that is why a lot of DT’s go later than they should. Case in point Dorsey is not nearly as dominant as he should be

12. Buffalo Bills - Michael Johnson (DE) Georgia Tech
    - Obviously, my colleague, Tony Conty has more guts than I do. As much as his production on film warrants a drop to the later portion of this round, I just can’t help but think some GM will be far too enamored with Johnson’s immense physical ability to let him fall that far. Buffalo has serious pass rush needs and flip the switch on Johnson.

13. Buffalo Bills - OT Ciron Black (LSU)*
    The ground game has not been good this year. Buffalo’s problems on offense have been due in part to a bad offensive line that overachieved a year ago.

12. Buffalo Bills: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

There are a number of reasons why the Bills have slipped to 6-7 after beginning the year on a 5-1 pace. They've had injuries on defense, and their offensive line is a huge issue, but the lack of a pass rush is almost as alarming. As of Week 15, Ryan Denney has four sacks; Kawaika Mitchell has three sacks; and that's it. No one else on the team has more than two sacks. I find that really remarkable. I know Aaron Schobel has been hurt, but still. This needs to be fixed.

12. LB, Rey Maualuga, USC

12.Bills Duke Robinson Offensive Guard Oklahoma
    The Bills are on the verge on competing in the AFC, but there are a few holes left to fill. The first order of business in Buffalo this offseason should be to fix the offensive line. Jason Peters is an above average left tackle, but the rest of line could be upgraded. Robinson is an intriguing prospect; he is best suited to play guard but some teams may view him as a tackle.

12. Brian Orakpo DE Texas

12. JERMAINE GRESHAM - OKLAHOMA - TE
    The Bills 2008 season started so promising, but injuries and inconsistency brought that to an abrupt halt late in the season. With a pair of young quarterbacks on the roster, Buffalo desperately needs to add a playmaker to help open up the offense and TE Jermaine Gresham might be the perfect solution. Gresham has tremendous athleticism, very good size, and will stretch the field. He needs to become a more natural pass-catcher, but there is no doubt he is an upgrade over current tight end Robert Royal. Having that safety-valve over the middle will help ease the mind of Trent Edwards and also cause the defense to show more respect over the middle and cause safeties to play closer to the line of scrimmage.

13. Brandon Pettigrew TE, Oklahoma St.: The Bills need a star tight end that can become a safety net for Edwards. Pettigrew is a huge target with great hands who should fit the bill.

13 Buffalo Eugene Monroe OT SR Virginia

12. Buffalo Bills: Everette Brown DE (Florida State)
    Good production so far at Florida State. May be under sized. Makes up for lack of strength and size with good speed and agility
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM.
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: Some Bills 1st round Mock Drafts

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
    Curry may grade out as the top LB on a lot of teams boards, and for a team needing help on the strong side, he would be a terrific pickup. The Bills could use his all around ability to help shore up this hole.

The Bills went cornerback with their first pick in 2008 and the defense is still what needs to be addressed. If Maualuga falls this far, it will be the best pick of the 2009 NFL Draft.

1o. Buffalo Bills: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois. No I am not stupid. I know that they took Leodis McKelvin with their last first round pick but that still leaves a lot to be desired at Cornerback. It is not terribly pressing but when a top 10 prospect like Davis is still on the board and you could use more talent at Cornerback then they would be crazy not to jump on to this like a dog with a bone. He is better than McKelvin in my personal opinion and could be the next great Cornerback duo for years to come.

14) Buffalo Bills: Peria Jerry, DT/Mississippi (Sr) – I think the failed trade to send McCargo to the Colts shows the Bills want DT depth but do not have it. I know a lot of you like Marks but the way Jerry has been playing as of late has created a lot of buzz around him and his stock is up. Marks is talented but remember DT is the hardest (other than QB) position to draft an immediate impact player and that is why a lot of DT’s go later than they should. Case in point Dorsey is not nearly as dominant as he should be

- Obviously, my colleague, Tony Conty has more guts than I do. As much as his production on film warrants a drop to the later portion of this round, I just can’t help but think some GM will be far too enamored with Johnson’s immense physical ability to let him fall that far. Buffalo has serious pass rush needs and flip the switch on Johnson.

The ground game has not been good this year. Buffalo’s problems on offense have been due in part to a bad offensive line that overachieved a year ago.
    Um, yes you are.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

There are a number of reasons why the Bills have slipped to 6-7 after beginning the year on a 5-1 pace. They've had injuries on defense, and their offensive line is a huge issue, but the lack of a pass rush is almost as alarming. As of Week 15, Ryan Denney has four sacks; Kawaika Mitchell has three sacks; and that's it. No one else on the team has more than two sacks. I find that really remarkable. I know Aaron Schobel has been hurt, but still. This needs to be fixed.

Davis, Cushing, Jerry, and Black would all be dumb picks IMO.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
        Um, yes you are.
        Samething I thought when I read "CB".

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Looks like most people think the Bills will pick either TE, LB, or DE.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

They BETTER take an impact OLB or a DE in the first round, that's all I know.

If we take another skilled player in round one someone is getting shot.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

You address either a LB or a DE in FA, and draft the other in the first round. Then hopefully one of the top 2 TEs will still be available in the second.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

I'm fine with Fine...He's not being thrown the ball enough, much like Johnson, but he has good hands, and usually manages to get decent YAC...Get rid of Royal and start Fine next season, no need to waste a pick on another tight end.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

If we take a CB, S, or WR, I'll be furious.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Please no USC trash, and no WR's when TE, DE, C and LB are higher priority.

If Davis is that good and still on the board, trade down, especially if Greer is re-signed.

Some of these people creating mocks really don't know a damn thing about this football team
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

DT Peria Jerry in intriguing but not sure he gives us the pass rushing we need from the position, a guy like Vance Walker might be better suited and be available later then sooner and allow us to use our 1st Round pick elsewhere.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

The only pick listed above that is stupid is Cushing every other pick makes sense.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          The only pick listed above that is stupid is Cushing every other pick makes sense.
                          How do OT's make any sense? Jason Peters showed that once he's in shape, he plays extremely well. Walker was outstanding at RT. Kirk Chambers did reasonably well also as backup and Demetrious Bell is on the roster developing and has showed potential...unless we plan to trade Peters for multiple picks, grabbing an OT in our 1st rd would be extremely stupid!

Ditto for picking an OG that high!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

12.Bills Duke Robinson Offensive Guard Oklahoma
                            The Bills are on the verge on competing in the AFC, but there are a few holes left to fill. The first order of business in Buffalo this offseason should be to fix the offensive line. Jason Peters is an above average left tackle, but the rest of line could be upgraded. Robinson is an intriguing prospect; he is best suited to play guard but some teams may view him as a tackle.

12. Brian Orakpo DE Texas

12. JERMAINE GRESHAM - OKLAHOMA - TE
                            The Bills 2008 season started so promising, but injuries and inconsistency brought that to an abrupt halt late in the season. With a pair of young quarterbacks on the roster, Buffalo desperately needs to add a playmaker to help open up the offense and TE Jermaine Gresham might be the perfect solution. Gresham has tremendous athleticism, very good size, and will stretch the field. He needs to become a more natural pass-catcher, but there is no doubt he is an upgrade over current tight end Robert Royal. Having that safety-valve over the middle will help ease the mind of Trent Edwards and also cause the defense to show more respect over the middle and cause safeties to play closer to the line of scrimmage.

13. Brandon Pettigrew TE, Oklahoma St.: The Bills need a star tight end that can become a safety net for Edwards. Pettigrew is a huge target with great hands who should fit the bill.

13 Buffalo Eugene Monroe OT SR Virginia

12. Buffalo Bills: Everette Brown DE (Florida State)
                            Good production so far at Florida State. May be under sized. Makes up for lack of strength and size with good speed and agility
                            Any chance you could include where each mock came from? I'd like to know where the stupid ones came from...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              How do OT's make any sense? Jason Peters showed that once he's in shape, he plays extremely well. Walker was outstanding at RT. Kirk Chambers did reasonably well also as backup and Demetrious Bell is on the roster developing and has showed potential...unless we plan to trade Peters for multiple picks, grabbing an OT in our 1st rd would be extremely stupid!

Ditto for picking an OG that high!

Walker is on the wrong side of 30 and Black is a guy who could use a year as a backup and would be a good RT. We also dont know the future of Peters either. Taking an OT is not a horrible pick, as much as we hope for Bell he is still 2 years away at least. I could lose Chambers tomorrow and would not shed a tear, he has not shown me anything to have any faith in him for more than 5 plays a game.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X