PDA

View Full Version : **** Nathan Paetsch

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
He was right in the middle of those last two sloppy goals.

It sucks because the Sabres outplayed NJ for most of the second period- that 3rd goal was a backbreaker because Buffalo had their chances but just couldn't get it to go in.

I don't get to see many games, so it's frustrating to watch this kind of loss. In case anyone was wondering, we were eating dinner in Old Town so my dad and I decided to go to Bugsy's to watch the game. The bar is owned by Bryan Watson who used to play for the Caps, but several of the barkeeps plus a good portion of the clientele are WNY expatriots, so the Sabres are usually on.

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
also **** McArthur for the sloppy clear, but other than that play, he had a decent game.

SabreEleven
12-17-2008, 09:23 PM
You are down two goals late in the game and Ruff has Mair and Kotalik out there with Vanek...Vanek sets up Mair beautifully with about 3 or 4 mins left and Mair shoots it straight into Clemmesen.. WFT, Ruff? The leagues top scoring is out there with two offensive stones...

Is there worst fore check in the NHL than the Buffalo Sabres? Man, those guys are a bunch of pussies...

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 09:27 PM
You are down two goals late in the game and Ruff has Mair and Kotalik out there with Vanek...Vanek sets up Mair beautifully with about 3 or 4 mins left and Mair shoots it straight into Clemmesen.. WFT, Ruff? The leagues top scoring is out there with two offensive stones...

Is there worst fore check in the NHL than the Buffalo Sabres? Man, those guys are a bunch of pussies...

I said that after the last game- they are the WORST dump-and-chase team in the NHL. That's why they're -12 in 5 on 5. They need to get the lines in order and start throwing their weight around NOW.

On the plus side, Goose stepped it up. I loved seeing him take on 3 guys simultaneously at the end.

rbochan
12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Why the hell isn't Vanek playing on the ENTIRE PP??

If Malkin can do it, so can he.

SabreEleven
12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I said that after the last game- they are the WORST dump-and-chase team in the NHL. That's why they're -12 in 5 on 5. They need to get the lines in order and start throwing their weight around NOW.

On the plus side, Goose stepped it up. I loved seeing him take on 3 guys simultaneously at the end.

To bad Goose is the only one.

These guys just coast on the fore check...How does Ruff just over look this?

But what lines would make the Sabres a good fore check team?...the only guys that want to do it is Mair, Goose and Kaleta....the rest just want to score the highlight goal...

OpIv37
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
To bad Goose is the only one.

These guys just coast on the fore check...How does Ruff just over look this?

I don't think he does, but if you have 12 forwards and only one plays the forecheck, what choice does he have?

SabreEleven
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
ask for some players with balls? :idunno:

ZacGriffi~82
12-17-2008, 10:42 PM
If they want it more then the other team they win, if they don't, they lose. It's been as simple as that for the Sabres this year.

SabreEleven
12-18-2008, 03:07 AM
I didn't get to see the game live but I saw the highlight of goal Paestch looked like a peewee 4th Liner on....Wow...what a jackhole...they need to recall Weber because that play was totally unacceptable...damn.

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Paestch was worse on the second one though. The first one was on Mcarthur. Hope Rivet is only 2 weeks out though.

OpIv37
12-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Paestch was worse on the second one though. The first one was on Mcarthur. Hope Rivet is only 2 weeks out though.

yeah it was a really sloppy play at the blue line by McArthur, but only one Devils player was back and it was really frustrating that Paetsch and Miller couldn't combine to keep ONE GUY from scoring.

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Right but Paestch was bum rushed as soon as he turned around. Bad play by all parties. Honestly Miller looked like he wasn't even trying.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Why the hell isn't Vanek playing on the ENTIRE PP??

If Malkin can do it, so can he.

Lindy benched him, not just him his line, Vanek usually plays 18 min. last night he only played 14 min. pretty ballsy for a coach to bench the leading goal scorer of the NHL.

<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=10&id=28489"></iframe>

mchurchfie
12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
The reality of it is that we have a very very average hockey team that has too play 110% to be effective. I like Pommers but he other than a great shot he is a below average passer, slow, and soft in the corners.

SabreEleven
12-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Pommers turned useless quickly...it's quite a shame...he has a great shot and is on the point during the PP but he never uses it...he just passes it, trying to be the next Connolly.

OpIv37
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Pommers turned useless quickly...it's quite a shame...he has a great shot and is on the point during the PP but he never uses it...he just passes it, trying to be the next Connolly.

well someone has to be the next Connolly since Connolly has proven to be the next Terry Schiavo. He never leaves the hospital.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paetsch is not good enough. This team really needs to address it's defense because it is very poor. Paetsch, Teppo and you can throw in Tallinder...are all pretty average players...at best.

OpIv37
12-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paetsch is not good enough. This team really needs to address it's defense because it is very poor. Paetsch, Teppo and you can throw in Tallinder...are all pretty average players...at best.

Two years ago I was pretty impressed with Tallinder, but last year he was very average and he hasn't been much better this year.

And the guy adds ZERO offense. I know he's a defenseman and offense isn't his primary responsibility, but he doesn't even have much of a slapshot.