X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

3 for Naught

I am always against trading up, especially when you don't have a good team and a so-so draft record.

For Losman, the Bills used a 1st, a 2nd, and a 5th. And he brought them a bunch of losses.

I know we blew Mike Williams' draft pick, too. But it is one pick, be it a high one.

NcCargo pick looks to go down the same way - a 2nd and a 3rd. Levy was talked into the pick. I wish he would've vetoed it then.

Just think in a normal draft of this organization, a 1st, a 2nd, and a 5th should yield a starter and a backup guy. I'm not talking about stars.

The Bills could surely use a starter and a quality backup now.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: 3 for Naught

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    The Bills could surely use a starter and a quality backup now.
    Especially at coach.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Our problems do go back to high draft picks being garbage. I know a lot of picks don't work out...but our first round has been horrid and we haven't been able to recover from it.

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

I was ready for Donahoe to be fired just as much as anyone else, and he did misfire a LOT.

That being said, with him, at least you knew that he was making a real effort to win. I'm not sure that is priority #1 right now.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal
          I was ready for Donahoe to be fired just as much as anyone else, and he did misfire a LOT.

That being said, with him, at least you knew that he was making a real effort to win. I'm not sure that is priority #1 right now.
          I never really saw it that way. It seemed like he always wanted to make the pick or sign the free agent that would put him in the limelight and sell tickets/merchandise. To me, it seemed TD was always trying to prove how much smarter he was than everyone else.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Thats alot to give up for busts
            Our poor Front office decisions continue to be the number 1 reason why no playoffs for goin on 9 yrs
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
              I never really saw it that way. It seemed like he always wanted to make the pick or sign the free agent that would put him in the limelight and sell tickets/merchandise. To me, it seemed TD was always trying to prove how much smarter he was than everyone else.
              Part of this might be true, but the best way to put yourself in the limelight as a GM is to build a solid football team. That's why Pioli and Polian are the two best-known GMs in football. He went out and got players he thought would make the team better. Donahoe's main problem was that he had no feel for team chemistry or how to create it.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
              X