• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Top DE's and OLBs coming out

Ok draft nerds.

Haven’t followed much college football this year, far less than normal. I”ll have to do some offseason studying to catch up.

Anyway, give me the top 2-3 defensive ends and outside linebackers in next year’s draft. I don’t care about centers, QBs or Tight Ends so don’t bother with them.

Also give me a very rough projection on where they may go. I’m figuring the Bills to have between the 10th and 13th pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Top DE's and OLBs coming out

OLB Curry is my favorite from wake forest

also Rey Maualuga ILB from USC he is a beast

These 2 are game changers and we need that more than ever on D, Curry can rush the passer to so can Rey
    Also we can maybe move Poz or Rey to the outside both have the speed
    i believe we will pick 12 or so and both mite be there
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

I like Curry too, but he might be gone before the Bills pick. If he is there, they should snag him.

But don't discount offense. That is still the major hole on this team. They will end up with a defense ranked around 15, much better than 30th last year. The offense is still in the high 20s - 30. The offense needs more work than the defense.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Ok draft nerds.

Haven’t followed much college football this year, far less than normal. I”ll have to do some offseason studying to catch up.

Anyway, give me the top 2-3 defensive ends and outside linebackers in next year’s draft. I don’t care about centers, QBs or Tight Ends so don’t bother with them.

Also give me a very rough projection on where they may go. I’m figuring the Bills to have between the 10th and 13th pick.

DE's:
        1. Micheal Johnson
        2. Brian Orakpo
        3. Tyson Jackson
        4. Greg Hardy
        If Aaron Maybin from PSU leaves early he probably slides into the #3 slot

OLB:
        1. Aaron Curry
        2. Sean Witherspoon
        3. Gerald McRath
        4. Jason Phillips
        5. Clay Matthews

My perdiction is the Bills will pick 11 overall
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

I like Curry too, but he might be gone before the Bills pick. If he is there, they should snag him.

But don't discount offense. That is still the major hole on this team. They will end up with a defense ranked around 15, much better than 30th last year. The offense is still in the high 20s - 30. The offense needs more work than the defense.
          I agree with you we need playmakers on offense still
          is there a TE worth taking that hi?
          Also a center?
          i like Mack from Cali and would luv to do one of our famous trade back into the 1st round to grab him after we take OLB Curry if he falls
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            OLB Curry is my favorite from wake forest

also Rey Maualuga ILB from USC he is a beast

These 2 are game changers and we need that more than ever on D, Curry can rush the passer to so can Rey
            Also we can maybe move Poz or Rey to the outside both have the speed
            i believe we will pick 12 or so and both mite be there
            I agree with DraftBoy on Maualuga. I have not been overly impressed and would not take him top 15.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I agree with DraftBoy on Maualuga. I have not been overly impressed and would not take him top 15.

I wouldnt take in the 1st Round but I also dont like Cushing, Freeman or Laurinits either.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I agree with you we need playmakers on offense still
                is there a TE worth taking that hi?
                Also a center?
                i like Mack from Cali and would luv to do one of our famous trade back into the 1st round to grab him after we take OLB Curry if he falls
                Perhaps not. But taking an OT is not a bad idea. Seeing if a trade back is possible is a good idea (Picture moving from 12th to 18th, picking up an extra 2nd) and taking a TE. Of course, trading back is only possible if there is a partner and the price is right, but it is worth discussing.

I agree if Curry is there it is a no-brainer. But after that? Maybe Orakpo is a real good pick as well.

Of course, any FA moves can change all of this.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

While I don’t discount offense and I do agree with you we need more work as a whole on offense, I don’t see any case where a first round pick, especially one in top dozen can be justified that high in the draft.

What do we need on offense?

Center: Absolutely. But there isn’t going to be a center going in the Top 12 of the draft.

Wide Receiver: Of course we can use a real #2. But we drafted hardy high just a year ago, and Josh Reed does contribute. I’m open to getting another WR (because I also think Parrish is a bum besides PR’s), but not that high.

Tight End: No way we’re taking a tight end that high in the draft, the kid from OU I heard is great, but Top 12?

We’re set at RB, locked into both our tackles, Dockery costed us a ton and we just extended Butler. I don’t see anyway we pick offense with the first pick, assuming we didn’t move down in the draft.

The first pick clearly needs to be a front seven impact player.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Perhaps not. But taking an OT is not a bad idea. Seeing if a trade back is possible is a good idea (Picture moving from 12th to 18th, picking up an extra 2nd) and taking a TE. Of course, trading back is only possible if there is a partner and the price is right, but it is worth discussing.

I agree if Curry is there it is a no-brainer. But after that? Maybe Orakpo is a real good pick as well.

Of course, any FA moves can change all of this.
                    I would luv for us to throw a bunch of money at Dansby or Suggs and draft a DE like orakpo from texas
                    We need pass rush and that solves alot on D
                    Offense i think we need to go after a vet like Antonio Bryant or MIchael Clayton to fill the void
                    I like the idea of trading down and taking Greisham at TE form oklahoma
                    solid there
                    then go after Center in the 2nd or trade back in late to grab him
                    that solves alot
                    but knowing us we will go CB again
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Orakpo and Curry are my top 2 choices for our 1st round pick.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

I would think and hope that Center is our top priority in free agency. Bringing in some experience would make a lot more sense here then putting any hopes into a rookie. So I really hope center is not a need when the draft rolls around.

I have no problem taking a LB in the first round as they tend to be the easiest position to grade and the least likely to bust. They could make an immediate impact next year too.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

I would luv for us to throw a bunch of money at Dansby or Suggs and draft a DE like orakpo from texas
                          Offense i think we need to go after a vet like Antonio Bryant or MIchael Clayton to fill the void
                          solid there
                          that solves alot
                          It wouldn't make sense to draft Orakpo and sign Suggs.. We would have so much money tied up in DE. I think Dansby would make alot of sense for this team and then we could add a guy like Orakpo or Hardy at DE. That would be the cheapest and most likely alternative. Then give me a center and TE in the 2-3rd rounds. If you sign Suggs, then drafting Curry becomes a viable option. I guess who we draft really depends on who we sign in FA.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

solid there
                            that solves alot
                            Clayton?

I'll pass. Right now, I am not sure if Steve Johnson is not better than him (or will be next year). He had one good (very good) year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Our clear #1 target has to be Aaron Curry at this point, after that we could go almost anywhere. DE, DT, QB, WR, TE, OT, LB, CB
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X