PDA

View Full Version : EDWARDS

Billsfan3
12-18-2008, 10:53 AM
I think edwards has one more year to prove himself which would mean get us to the playoffs. If not its time to bring in another Qb. Thoughts?

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I think he is still way to young and hasnt played enough to give up on him yet
He showed he can win games in the 4th quarter he showed he could be decisive he showed he can take a hit
But he regressed like young QBs often do
I am not saying i billieve yet but its to quick to not give him next year
We have other glaring needs to fill get the kid some weapons on offense at WR and TE and give him a Center worth a damn then judge

Billsfan3
12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Ya good point.

Night Train
12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I think the next coach (hoping) brings in a Vet, drafts a prospect & says "Compete".

Not sold on his durability,consistency & cold weather ability.

Mitchy moo
12-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Wow, great post.

I think he is still way to young and hasnt played enough to give up on him yet
He showed he can win games in the 4th quarter he showed he could be decisive he showed he can take a hit
But he regressed like young QBs often do
I am not saying i billieve yet but its to quick to not give him next year
We have other glaring needs to fill get the kid some weapons on offense at WR and TE and give him a Center worth a damn then judge

OpIv37
12-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the next coach (hoping) brings in a Vet, drafts a prospect & says "Compete".

his consistency should improve with more playing time.

However, durability and cold weather ability are big concerns with him.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Every rookie gets three years.

Jan Reimers
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
He has fewer than 2 seasons worth of starts. I'm not thrilled with his progress, particularly in recent starts, but I think we give him a little more time - and a few more weapons (a big 2nd receiver who can actually play, and a pass catching TE).

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
12-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I say draft or bring someone and put some pressure oh him.

I think everyone was saying the same about Losman after the 06 season... you mean all the consistency crap and that he needed more games bla bla bla and Levy brought Edwards who actually did a better job. Now I'm not saying lets bech Edwards, lets just bring someone.

Philagape
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
He better take the next step in 09 or he'll be the latest in a long line of failures here.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
At first I thought he did ok in 07 but need to prove much more in 08, then in the beginning of 08 I thought this guy could be next Tom Brady! Now I think he has Bledsoe's potencial... but might not even get that far.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I think edwards has one more year to prove himself which would mean get us to the playoffs. If not its time to bring in another Qb. Thoughts?
you need a back up plan. He shouldn't be handed the job . Problem is, the decision makers on this team a paralized from the neck up wheh it comes to offensive decisions.

Even Peyton would fail here if he ever followed our coaches.

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 11:55 AM
There is no question his durability is a concern but lets get a blocking scheme in here that doesnt have him hit like he was being hit, alot of QBs miss time and i am just saying he showed alot of promise then the whole team spiraled down hill that is coaching that is being outcoached
He should be the clear cut starter next year
We should bring in a prospect and a vet to compete for the number 2 spot and also show Trent that if he falters we have someone capable to take the reins of the offense
I would luv to grab Greise or Kitna to do this and help trent along in the process someone with class not like JP and Hamden who both suck and are not in the advisment roll like we got Holocmb for JP a few yrs ago

It all comes down to coaching and decision making and the schemes we run
Give the kid a semi solid oline (center) and a few more consistent weapons in the passing game and u will see a big change in the offense

cocamide
12-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Every rookie gets three years.

Is this a Yogism? If not, it should be.

Philagape
12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
There is no question his durability is a concern but lets get a blocking scheme in here that doesnt have him hit like he was being hit

Which hit caused the current groin injury? That seemed to happen before the 49er game.

mybills
12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
At first I thought he did ok in 07 but need to prove much more in 08, then in the beginning of 08 I thought this guy could be next Tom Brady! Now I think he has Bledsoe's potencial... but might not even get that far.
I didn't mean to steal your password. I even spelled 'potential' wrong to throw people off! :;

cocamide
12-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Which hit caused the current groin injury? That seemed to happen before the 49er game.

JP probably sent a hooker to Trent's room the night before the game.

mybills
12-18-2008, 12:02 PM
:rofl:

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 12:34 PM

If he wasn't even hit then his durability is an even bigger concern.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
You got two solutions, well potential solutions...

A. Draft Sam Bradford. He not only would be an upgrade on the field but would do wonders for marketing the team.

B. Sign a Garcia, Warner type and make Edwards compete with one of them for the job.

Typ0
12-18-2008, 01:31 PM
You will be able to tell by the way he plays in camp if he's playing better than Garcia...if he isn't it's Garcia's job.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 01:34 PM
B. Sign a Garcia, Warner type and make Edwards compete with one of them for the job.

Problem is, both Warner and Garcia are more qualified to make calls than Turk himself.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
My only real concern in regards t Edwards is his ability to stay on the field. he had a few bad games, but that was after the nasty concussion. he has had more good / great games this year then bad IMO.

Compare Eli Manning and Peyton Manning's 1st 2 years to 1st 2 years
Edwards

Peyton
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1428
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1998</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>326</TD><TD>575</TD><TD>56.7</TD><TD>3739</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>71.2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1999</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>331</TD><TD>533</TD><TD>62.1</TD><TD>4135</TD><TD>7.8</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>90.7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Eli
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=5526

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>197</TD><TD>48.2</TD><TD>1043</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>55.4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>294</TD><TD>557</TD><TD>52.8</TD><TD>3762</TD><TD>6.8</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>75.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Trent
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10536

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>151</TD><TD>269</TD><TD>56.1</TD><TD>1630</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>70.4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>214</TD><TD>324</TD><TD>66.0</TD><TD>2378</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>85.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Do we really want to write this guy off and continue our QB carosel... He seems to be in good company comparing 1st 2 years in the league stats... there is room for improvement with Trent but I still like what I see overall... give him a couple more years IMO.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
My only real concern in regards ot Edwards is his ability to stay on th efield. he had a few bad games, but that was after the nasty concussion. he has had more good / great games this year then bad.

Edwards

Peyton
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1998</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>326</TD><TD>575</TD><TD>56.7</TD><TD>3739</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>71.2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1999</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>331</TD><TD>533</TD><TD>62.1</TD><TD>4135</TD><TD>7.8</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>90.7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Eli

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>197</TD><TD>48.2</TD><TD>1043</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>55.4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>294</TD><TD>557</TD><TD>52.8</TD><TD>3762</TD><TD>6.8</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>75.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Trent

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>151</TD><TD>269</TD><TD>56.1</TD><TD>1630</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>70.4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>214</TD><TD>324</TD><TD>66.0</TD><TD>2378</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>85.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Do we really want to write this guy off and continue our QB carosel... He seems to be in good company comparing 1st 2 years in the league stats... there is room for improvement with Trent but I still like what I see overall... give him a couple more years IMO.
There's a huge difference between the NYG, Colts, and the Bills that should be taken into consideration when making this argument of comparison....... I'm sure you can figure it out.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 01:56 PM
You got two solutions, well potential solutions...

A. Draft Sam Bradford. He not only would be an upgrade on the field but would do wonders for marketing the team.

are you seriously willing to give up on Trent already ???

the old Bills QB carrousel is still turing for many of you... I say we stick with trent and let him develope. DO some research of solid and great QB's in this league and many of them just take a few years and continue to get better...

I say hand Trent the starting job next year and sign a vet willing to mentor him and come in when/if he goes down.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 01:59 PM
There's a huge difference between the NYG, Colts, and the Bills that should be taken into consideration when making this argument of comparison....... I'm sure you can figure it out.

yes but it does not change the argument about Trent and his developement.... trent is progressing, and has continued ot show signs of being a rock solid very good QB. yes he has had a few turd games, but the team in general has had turd games along side of him

Maybe the reason Trents #'s aren't more stellar is because the organization is a bit of a badly run joke... Which then suggests that any new QB will also not live up to potential and we will see no upgrade. OR it says that if trent was playing for the NYG or Indy he would be looking like a stud, with better stats then either Manning after 2 years. SO lets just keep Trent on the developement track and sign a vet who is a good mentor and a rock solid willing backup.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
My only real concern in regards ot Edwards is his ability to stay on th efield. he had a few bad games, but that was after the nasty concussion. he has had more good / great games this year then bad.

Edwards

Peyton

Eli

Trent

Or maybe he turns into Tim Couch

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1752

1999 CLE 15 223 399 55.9 2447 6.1 15 78 13 73.2
2000 CLE 7 137 215 63.7 1483 6.9 7 79 9 77.3

For every good QB you can throw out there, there's plenty of bad QBs too.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
yes but it does not change the argument about Trent and his developement.... trent is progressing, and has continued ot show signs of being a rock solid very good QB. yes he has had a few turd games, but the team in general has had turd games along side of him

Maybe the reason Trents #'s aren't more stellar is because the organization is a bit of a badly run joke... Which then suggests that any new QB will also not live up to potential and we will see no upgrade. OR it says that if trent was playing for the NYG or Indy he owuld be looking like a stud. SO lets just keep Trent on the developement track and sign a vet who is a good mentor and a rock solid willing backup.
Trents had good games vs. crappy teams and horrible games vs. decent to better teams. NO t to mention he sucks in bad weather games.

I'm not blaming him more than I am the coaches but it's too early to even compare him to Eli. I see what you're saying but the odds are against Trent as long as we have Turds er I mean Turk calling the shots.

I'm not giving up on Trent and I think he's got a lot of potential but we should not sacrifice an entire season to see whether a qb has what it takes ot not. Winning first in the no. 1 goal.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2008, 02:03 PM
are you seriously willing to give up on Trent already ???

the old Bills QB carrousel is still turing for many of you... I say we stick with trent and let him develope. DO some research of solid and great QB's in this league and many of them just take a few years and continue to get better...

I say hand Trent the starting job next year and sign a vet willing to mentor him and come in when/if he goes down.

Trent's inability to stay healthy, which has been a plague of his since college mas me leery of keeping going forward with him.

Trent's inability to play in poor weather makes me leery of keep going forward with him.

Trent's inability to stretch the field makes me leery of keep going forward with him.

Basically, he's a poor man's Chad Pennington.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Maybe the reason Trents #'s aren't more stellar is because the organization is a bit of a badly run joke... Which then suggests that any new QB will also not live up to potential and we will see no upgrade. OR it says that if trent was playing for the NYG or Indy he would be looking like a stud, with better stats then either Manning after 2 years. SO lets just keep Trent on the developement track and sign a vet who is a good mentor and a rock solid willing backup.
Edwards has gotten just barely better, I would actually argue that he regressed in many areas of his game this year. His inability to find the endzone is going to be the death of his run in Buffalo. Either way he gets one more year, but if he continues to regress next year he is officially a BUST.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Trent's inability to stay healthy, which has been a plague of his since college mas me leery of keeping going forward with him.

Trent's inability to play in poor weather makes me leery of keep going forward with him.

Trent's inability to stretch the field makes me leery of keep going forward with him.

Basically, he's a poor man's Chad Pennington.

but there is no way we write him off after 2 years. NO way, again compare stats with other QB's and they're 1st 2 years.... He can get better and adapt to the situtations you mentioned. Starting the QB carousel again in Buffalo is a guarenteed way to set us back even further faster IMO

BUT... Chad sure does seem to be doing well for Miami... and Chad has been a solid efficient QB in the league, one any decent team can win with.

Chad's problem has been his inability to stay healthy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2149

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2000</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>40.0</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>13.4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>127.1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2001</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>92</TD><TD>4.6</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>79.6</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2002</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>275</TD><TD>399</TD><TD>68.9</TD><TD>3120</TD><TD>7.8</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>104.2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>189</TD><TD>297</TD><TD>63.6</TD><TD>2139</TD><TD>7.2</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>82.9</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>242</TD><TD>370</TD><TD>65.4</TD><TD>2673</TD><TD>7.2</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>91.0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>59.0</TD><TD>530</TD><TD>6.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>70.9</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>313</TD><TD>485</TD><TD>64.5</TD><TD>3352</TD><TD>6.9</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>82.6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>179</TD><TD>260</TD><TD>68.8</TD><TD>1765</TD><TD>6.8</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>86.1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>MIA</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>273</TD><TD>412</TD><TD>66.3</TD><TD>3218</TD><TD>7.8</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>95.1</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>1532</TD><TD>2331</TD><TD>65.7</TD><TD>16956</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>96</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>90.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Again, there's a difference between teams like NYJ, Miami, and the Buffalo Bills. Some teams get tired of losing after a couple of years and start making the roster moves necessary to change things and change the losing trend. The Bills are perfectly fine with mediocrity and will never make the necessary moves.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Again, there's a difference between teams like NYJ, Miami, and the Buffalo Bills. Some teams get tired of losing after a couple of years and start making the roster moves necessary to change things and change the losing trend. The Bills are perfectly fine with mediocrity and will never make the necessary moves.

and what does that have to do with the argument that Trent Edwards is progressing along well, and is in good company in comparison to other Good/HOF QB's after 2 years in the league...

seriously we know the Bills have blundered things in the personell department, but that argument only strengthens reasons for not abandoning Trent, revisitng the good old Bufflao Bills QB carousel yet again, and letting him to continue to be the starting QB for the Bills and get more players around him to make him better and more consistent.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 02:25 PM
and what does that have to do with the argument that Trent Edwards is progressing along well, and is in good company in comparison to other Good/HOF QB's after 2 years in the league...

seriously we know the Bills have blundered things in the personell department, but that argument only strengthens reasons for not abandoning Trent, revisitng the good old Bufflao Bills QB carousel yet again, and letting him to continue to be the starting QB for the Bills and get more players around him to make him better and more consistent.
Because Edwards is not "progressing well." He's still amongst the worst QB's in the league and might be the absolute worst when it comes to finding the end zone, and he's shown little proof of improvement. Four good weeks against the worst teams the league has to offer does not make one a great player. Hell, even in those games he was less than impressive and those were his best of the season. He simply has too many flaws and doesn't have the right coaching in place to help him cover up those flaws. He's got Kelly Holcomb written all over him at this point.

sdbillsfan2
12-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Absolutely !!! 100% spot on. .
There's not enough *tough* in the kid ! IMHO
And his durability has ALWAYS been a weakness , his whole playing career.

If he can beat out a viable replacement of a vet , more power to him . But if some scrub comes in as competition , we'll have the same complaints we've had the last who knows how many years. no qb depth!!!

WE need as many reliable back ups as possible with our history , QB is no different. keep him as a back up and hope somehow he learns how to correct his present day issues from a proven player.
It amazes me how the Patriots manage to salvage a respectable season , when Brady went down.
You know NE will do everything possible to resign Cassel.
And the Bills ?... yep we got Edwards , Losman and Hambone .
This trio along with DJ , and people wonder what happened ?

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Because Edwards is not "progressing well." He's still amongst the worst QB's in the league and might be the absolute worst when it comes to finding the end zone, and he's shown little proof of improvement. Four good weeks against the worst teams the league has to offer does not make one a great player. Hell, even in those games he was less than impressive and those were his best of the season. He simply has too many flaws and doesn't have the right coaching in place to help him cover up those flaws. He's got Kelly Holcomb written all over him at this point.

coaching maybe, but any new QB that comes in is going to struggle under the same old elements this team has run with, so how does it benefit this team to jump back on the QB carousel... And Edwards regresses but after a nasty concussion, in which he still had a pair of excellent games in the teams stretch of crappola.

Edwards is not one of the worst QB's n the league.. He is rated right in the middle. yes he has his ups and dows, but that is no different then most QB's and their 1st few years in the league.

I do question Edwards durability... and cold weather ability... but I know for a fact the Bills will name Edwards the starter from the get go next year and for good reason. They'll bring in a vet who can step up if needed but will be a mentor for Edwards.

A new coach might set up a competition, but in training camp and preseason you'll probably see a tie IMO in abilites at best and the tie will go to the young vet that the franchise can build on.

If we do draft a QB it will be on day #2 we have to many other needs and we wil sign a vet FA.

I fail to see any reaosn to give up on Edwards. he is still progressing well even with a few turds he has layed.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
coaching maybe, but any new QB that comes in is going to struggle under the same old elements this team has run with, so how does it benefit this team to jump back on the QB carousel... And Edwards regresses but after a nasty concussion, in which he still had a pair of excellent games in the teams stretch of crappola.

Edwards is not one of the worst QB's n the league.. He is rated right in the middle. yes he has his ups and dows, but that is no different then most QB's and their 1st few years in the league.

I do question Edwards durability... and cold weather ability... but I know for a fact the Bills will name Edwards the starter from the get go next year and for good reason. They'll bring in a vet who can step up if needed but will be a mentor for Edwards.

A new coach might set up a competition, but in training camp and preseason you'll probably see a tie IMO in abilites at best and the tie will go to the young vet that the franchise can build on.

If we do draft a QB it will be on day #2 we have to many other needs and we wil sign a vet FA.

I fail to see any reaosn to give up on Edwards. he is still progressing well even with a few turds he has layed.
I'm not advocating giving up on Edwards, I've stated on several occasions that I think the Bills SHOULD give him another year. Just don't get your hopes up, he has never been much of a QB and likely won't be in the future. You almost have to take a wait and see approach.

Tiburon1724
12-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Matt Cassel!

GreedoII
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Trent needs a good coach and veteran QB to get him the right direction. Right now I really think he's just cruising along with these guys and loving life since Jauron protects him like a little 5 yr old. He's too comfortable like the rest of this soft team.

BillsWin
12-19-2008, 01:14 PM
he needs to play these next two games to show us he can deal with cold weather and help provide us with hope for next season.

acehole
12-19-2008, 02:49 PM

He gets hurt a lot and does NOT seem to like the cold....spooked in the pocket and now cant seem to hit the short ones...when he is on his game he looks the part....but he is just not a "Football" player.

I say bring in a vet the can start and do well because he will go down it is just a mater of time....you dont give up on him yet just get sombody else who can play like a Matt Hassleback who has 2-3 years left in the tank...dare I say cullpepper? Someone like what the jets had the balls to get.....

Sorry but we need to shake up the plan to on offence..

I liked turk in the begining...I dont know what happened.

Either he got lucky early on or defenses caught up or he lost confidence that Edwards or somebody else could not run certain plays anymore or some other unknown thing that happened internally.

..the deffense was hot and cold also....we need a serious pass rush from olb or DE....