X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsfan3
    • Nov 2007

EDWARDS

I think edwards has one more year to prove himself which would mean get us to the playoffs. If not its time to bring in another Qb. Thoughts?
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: EDWARDS

I think he is still way to young and hasnt played enough to give up on him yet
    He showed he can win games in the 4th quarter he showed he could be decisive he showed he can take a hit
    But he regressed like young QBs often do
    I am not saying i billieve yet but its to quick to not give him next year
    We have other glaring needs to fill get the kid some weapons on offense at WR and TE and give him a Center worth a damn then judge
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Billsfan3
      • Nov 2007

Ya good point.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I think the next coach (hoping) brings in a Vet, drafts a prospect & says "Compete".

Not sold on his durability,consistency & cold weather ability.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Wow, great post.

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          I think he is still way to young and hasnt played enough to give up on him yet
          He showed he can win games in the 4th quarter he showed he could be decisive he showed he can take a hit
          But he regressed like young QBs often do
          I am not saying i billieve yet but its to quick to not give him next year
          We have other glaring needs to fill get the kid some weapons on offense at WR and TE and give him a Center worth a damn then judge

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
            I think the next coach (hoping) brings in a Vet, drafts a prospect & says "Compete".

Not sold on his durability,consistency & cold weather ability.
            his consistency should improve with more playing time.

However, durability and cold weather ability are big concerns with him.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Every rookie gets three years.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

He has fewer than 2 seasons worth of starts. I'm not thrilled with his progress, particularly in recent starts, but I think we give him a little more time - and a few more weapons (a big 2nd receiver who can actually play, and a pass catching TE).
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                  • May 2007

I say draft or bring someone and put some pressure oh him.

I think everyone was saying the same about Losman after the 06 season... you mean all the consistency crap and that he needed more games bla bla bla and Levy brought Edwards who actually did a better job. Now I'm not saying lets bech Edwards, lets just bring someone.
                  I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

He better take the next step in 09 or he'll be the latest in a long line of failures here.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                      • May 2007

At first I thought he did ok in 07 but need to prove much more in 08, then in the beginning of 08 I thought this guy could be next Tom Brady! Now I think he has Bledsoe's potencial... but might not even get that far.
                      I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsDaman5
                        I think edwards has one more year to prove himself which would mean get us to the playoffs. If not its time to bring in another Qb. Thoughts?
                        you need a back up plan. He shouldn't be handed the job . Problem is, the decision makers on this team a paralized from the neck up wheh it comes to offensive decisions.

Even Peyton would fail here if he ever followed our coaches.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

There is no question his durability is a concern but lets get a blocking scheme in here that doesnt have him hit like he was being hit, alot of QBs miss time and i am just saying he showed alot of promise then the whole team spiraled down hill that is coaching that is being outcoached
                          He should be the clear cut starter next year
                          We should bring in a prospect and a vet to compete for the number 2 spot and also show Trent that if he falters we have someone capable to take the reins of the offense
                          I would luv to grab Greise or Kitna to do this and help trent along in the process someone with class not like JP and Hamden who both suck and are not in the advisment roll like we got Holocmb for JP a few yrs ago

It all comes down to coaching and decision making and the schemes we run
                          Give the kid a semi solid oline (center) and a few more consistent weapons in the passing game and u will see a big change in the offense
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                            Every rookie gets three years.
                            Is this a Yogism? If not, it should be.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              There is no question his durability is a concern but lets get a blocking scheme in here that doesnt have him hit like he was being hit
                              Which hit caused the current groin injury? That seemed to happen before the 49er game.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X