PDA

View Full Version : THe only proven coach on this team is

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
BOBBY APRIL.

No matter who we bring in regardless of whether they are rookies, he makes the unit one of the if not the best in the league.

Thasts what proven coaches do, they put whatever they have in a situation to succeed.

This guy builds a winning culture with his unit unlike Dick who can't do squat after more than 5 years. :rolleyes:

The rest of them need all pro talent or the team sucks. Talent alone isn't everything. April proves that.

Ebenezer
12-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Agreed....that in no way means he is ready to be a HC.

raphael120
12-18-2008, 11:33 AM
A more interesting conversation would be would Bobby April have been a better head coach than Dick Jauron?

Sometimes it doesn't take a degree from Yale to understand how to play and call good football games.

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Bobby April in my opinion has exactly what it takes to be a HC in this league, he gets late round picks and UDFAs to perform passionatly and with urgency everytime they step on the feild he gets vets to volunteer to play STs and has had consistently good STs since the day he took over th job
He also was interm HC for awhile in ST louis as welll so he has some experiance

I luv April and think he stays with a coaching change and i wouldnt be mad if he was the coaching change
He also shows he cares on the sidelines not like skeletor

Ebenezer
12-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Bobby April in my opinion has exactly what it takes to be a HC in this league, he gets late round picks and UDFAs to perform passionatly and with urgency everytime they step on the feild he gets vets to volunteer to play STs and has had consistently good STs since the day he took over th job

I luv April and think he stays with a coaching change and i wouldnt be mad if he was the coaching change
I have a feeling there is a huge difference between "stay in your lane, run down the field and tackle the guy with the ball" and "here learn the 300 page playbook".

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I have a feeling there is a huge difference between "stay in your lane, run down the field and tackle the guy with the ball" and "here learn the 300 page playbook".

I have a feeling that is why u hire cordinators, a Head Coach is suppossed to lead the team and influence the team something all our coaches lack besides him

Personally i think he would be an upgrade over skeletor

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Agreed....that in no way means he is ready to be a HC.
Not implying that at all. Just pointing it out to those who think that we need more talent to be even competitive (not talking sb ) . People who think our players are the reason for our failures and not holding the coaches accountable .

We have the talent, we don't have the coaches except for April.

Jeff1220
12-18-2008, 01:05 PM
There would be options that are much worse that April.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 01:34 PM
There would be options that are much worse that April.

that goes without saying though.. I mean I could be the HC

jamze132
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Let's not forget, not many teams out there go out of their way to sign ST players like the Bills. It's nice having the best ST unit in the NFL year in/year out but I think we could have used maybe a better DB earlier in the year and we sure as **** could have used a better LB.

zone
12-19-2008, 08:38 AM
I like that he is willing to take chances to win the game, fake punts, fake field goal passes for TD's, etc...

mchurchfie
12-19-2008, 09:57 AM
He also possesses what all of the other coaches on this team lack, fire and emotion.

evol4276
12-19-2008, 11:04 AM
i just like the fact that he gets fired up and knows his job to the T. as much as i like him, im kinda starting to become very annoyed with the peter north lookalike in Jauron here. unless he can show how to finish a season, we're in bad shape

trapezeus
12-19-2008, 02:24 PM
coordinators don't always make great coaches. we've seen this 3 times in a row now with the bills.

also mularkey is proving that he is ok as an offensive coordinator when lead by a capable coach. but he will never lead a team as a HC. Some team is going to learn this the hard way this year.

theanswer74
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM

Bobby April has Roscoe Parrish, the best return in college during his time, and Leodis McKelvin, the best return man in college during his time.

Dick Jauron have the best anything on defense or offense?

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I bet you Dick Jauron would be grateful just to be a freaking DC, let alone a HC! I feel bad for some of the guys on our team who are talented and are winners but are being held down because of the circumstances.. cough.. Stroud, Evans, Peters, Lynch, Reed, Whitner and Posluszny.. I actually think Royal is a winner too.. I'm really not sure why fans dislike him so much, he plays with alot of intensity and heart, he may not have the softest hands man, but I tell ya, I'd hate to be the guy trying to tackle him when he gets the ball in his hands. I excluded the rookies from my list, but I feel like the guys that I named really play hard for us Bills fans.