PDA

View Full Version : DE's, LBs,C and TE free agents....

sauce
12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2252567 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #22229c 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #22229c 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #22229c 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #22229c 0px solid" width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2252567 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #22229c 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->Free Agents this offseason.......
<HR style="COLOR: #22229c; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #22229c" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Seems like the general consensus is DE,OLB,TE and C.....

DE's:

Julius Peppers, Car: 12.5 sacks 44 tackles/5 FF

Paul Spicer, Jax (33): 2008-3.5 sacks/32 Tackles/1 FF 2007- 7.5 sacks/34 Tackles

Kevin Carter, Tampa (33): 2008-4 sacks/42 Tackles/1 FF 2007- 3 sacks/43 Tackles

Bertrand Berry, AZ (33): 2008-5 sacks/16 Tackles/2 FF: Had 29 sacks in 3 yr span from 03-05

Terrell Suggs, Balt (26): 7.5 sacks/58 Tackles/2 FF/2 INT

LB's:

Karlos Dansby, OLB AZ (27): 102 Tackles/3 Sacks/1 FF/2 INT

Eric Barton, NYJ (26): 104 Tackles/1.5 Sacks/1FF

James Farrior, MLB PITT (33): 112 Tackles/3.5 Sacks/1 FF

Jonathan Vilma, MLB NO (26): 111 Tackles/1 Sack/1 FF/1 INT

Bart Scott, ILB BALT 28: 71 Tackles/1.5 Sack/1 FF

C:

Matt Birk: Minnestoa

TE's:

Owen Daniels (26): Rec-60 Yds-714 Td's-2....Don't see how Houston can let him walk after this season, he is one of the more underrated players...

Lenoard Pope (25): 6'8 258 pounds only Rec-8 YDs-70 but had 5 TD's in 07

I think Dansby is a very realistic prospect in FA if the Bills do not resign Crow

I really dont want to see Ellison on the field again

My perfect FA period:

Sign Dansby

Sign Birk

Sign adequate veteran backup QB

Draft DE round 1

Draft TE round 2
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ed
12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Birk is at the top of my list.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
the players are there but will the funds be there to acquire some of those players? Another question is which of those players will want to play for the bills or share Gonzo's thoughts on the bills?

Ed
12-18-2008, 12:44 PM
the players are there but will the funds be there to acquire some of those players? Another question is which of those players will want to play for the bills or share Gonzo's thoughts on the bills?
There's no reason the funds shouldn't be there. Greer is the only player we should re-sign that will cost anything and it seems like they're going to let him walk.

With the way this season has gone and Ralph complaining about the lack of talent, there's no way this front office just sits on their hands.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
There's no reason the funds shouldn't be there. Greer is the only player we should re-sign that will cost anything and it seems like they're going to let him walk..the funds have always been there but we've never used it all up , have we? :idunno:

With the way this season has gone and Ralph complaining about the lack of talent, there's no way this front office just sits on their hands.

Ralph is senile. We have more talent now than we did last year and we're having the same results.

PECKERWOOD
12-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Tons of good players, a guy like Owen Daniels would help us out a ton.

Ed
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
the funds have always been there but we've never used it all up , have we? :idunno:

Ralph is senile. We have more talent now than we did last year and we're having the same results.
We may not use all of it, but I'd say we've seemed to be one of the more aggressive teams the past couple years in going after players we covet.

Ralph may be senile, but if he thinks we lack talent then there's a good chance we'll at least try to be active again.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 12:57 PM
We may not use all of it, but I'd say we've seemed to be one of the more aggressive teams the past couple years in going after players we covet.

Ralph may be senile, but if he thinks we lack talent then there's a good chance we'll at least try to be active again.

The thing that Ralph has to be active in is getting a proven HC and GM. Doesn't matter if we have an all pro team, our coaches will make them competitive in the NCAA Div III

patmoran2006
12-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Matt Birk is 33 years old next summer, that's a FOSSIL for this organization, who doesnt believe in players over 30 (seriously)

Dansby would be nice, but there will be a lot of teams after him.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Daniels is not a FA until after the 2009 season.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Spicer signed a deal in the off-season through 2010.

ddaryl
12-18-2008, 01:39 PM
well we can purge a high motor white boy or 2 at DE and shouldn't take to big of a hit and gian some space. Hopefully Suggs and Peppers gets to test the FA market.

Birk is a definite, and we Dansby would be a great pickup... but Suggs/peppers, Birk, and Dansby will never happen.

Cash to cap has given us lots of space, and those Toronto millions should allow us ot spend to the cap limit and compete with the big markets just like Ralph told us ... right ???

the only damaging offseason contract I see is Peters. He will hold out again and demand a top 5 LT payday... This years probowl vote was a malicious screw job to the Bills. He did not deserve a probowl nod this year and it will cost us.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Cash to cap has given us lots of space, and those Toronto millions should allow us ot spend to the cap limit and compete with the big markets just like Ralph told us ... right ???

:idunno:

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
well we can purge a high motor white boy or 2 at DE and shouldn't take to big of a hit and gian some space. Hopefully Suggs and Peppers gets to test the FA market.

Birk is a definite, and we Dansby would be a great pickup... but Suggs/peppers, Birk, and Dansby will never happen.

the only damaging offseason contract I see is Peters. He will hold out again and demand a top 5 LT payday... This years probowl vote was a malicious screw job to the Bills. He did not deserve a probowl nod this year and it will cost us.
:yawn: you can hate the guy all you want, there are at least seven guys on both the NFC and AFC that shouldn't be there. I hope he holds out, won't matter right? He's not that great anyway, you all wouldn't miss him a bit.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Peters isn't happening either:

CBS' Charley Casserly reports that the Panthers plan to franchise tag contract-year DE Julius Peppers after the season. Assuming they don't extend his contract right after the season, this is the only way the Panthers can go. Peppers is their most valuable defender and is in the midst of a monster year. The former UNC power forward added two sacks to his season total of nine on Sunday against the Lions. He also has five forced fumbles on the

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Dansby:

The Arizona Republic guesses that the Cardinals are offering franchise player Karlos Dansby a deal in the Lofa Tatupu or Lance Briggs range.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm also hearing that both Marvin Harrison and Jason Taylor should be available in the off-season.

OpIv37
12-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm also hearing that both Marvin Harrison and Jason Taylor should be available in the off-season.

No to Taylor. He's had injury issues and the Skins fans are definitely less than impressed with him.

As far as Harrison, he'll get a big paycheck- will his production warrant it? I've had him in fantasy the last three years and he's definitely slowing down.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
No to Taylor. He's had injury issues and the Skins fans are definitely less than impressed with him.

As far as Harrison, he'll get a big paycheck- will his production warrant it? I've had him in fantasy the last three years and he's definitely slowing down.
I find it unlikely that he'll get as much as we might think due to his age and fall in production. Not saying the Bills should go after either, just that they will likely be available. Taylor might not be a bad pick up for the Bills if they can land him for a two year contract; assuming he's healthy of course.

Ed
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
The thing that Ralph has to be active in is getting a proven HC and GM. Doesn't matter if we have an all pro team, our coaches will make them competitive in the NCAA Div III
You may be right, but my point is if Ralph thinks we lack talent then I would expect us to try and make some significant player moves regardless of the coaching situation.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
You may be right, but my point is if Ralph thinks we lack talent then I would expect us to try and make some significant player moves regardless of the coaching situation.
It's funny that Wilson is complaining about the lack of talent. He's the one that keeps letting the talent leave the team. First Winfield, the Clements, Fletcher, soon Peters. You have to put forth the cash if you want to hold on to talent.

X-Era
12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
<table class="tborder" id="post2252567" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(34, 34, 156); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"></td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_2252567" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(34, 34, 156);"><!-- icon and title -->Free Agents this offseason.......
<hr style="color: rgb(34, 34, 156); background-color: rgb(34, 34, 156);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Seems like the general consensus is DE,OLB,TE and C.....

DE's:

Julius Peppers, Car: 12.5 sacks 44 tackles/5 FF

Paul Spicer, Jax (33): 2008-3.5 sacks/32 Tackles/1 FF 2007- 7.5 sacks/34 Tackles

Kevin Carter, Tampa (33): 2008-4 sacks/42 Tackles/1 FF 2007- 3 sacks/43 Tackles

Bertrand Berry, AZ (33): 2008-5 sacks/16 Tackles/2 FF: Had 29 sacks in 3 yr span from 03-05

Terrell Suggs, Balt (26): 7.5 sacks/58 Tackles/2 FF/2 INT

LB's:

Karlos Dansby, OLB AZ (27): 102 Tackles/3 Sacks/1 FF/2 INT

Eric Barton, NYJ (26): 104 Tackles/1.5 Sacks/1FF

James Farrior, MLB PITT (33): 112 Tackles/3.5 Sacks/1 FF

Jonathan Vilma, MLB NO (26): 111 Tackles/1 Sack/1 FF/1 INT

Bart Scott, ILB BALT 28: 71 Tackles/1.5 Sack/1 FF

C:

Matt Birk: Minnestoa

TE's:

Owen Daniels (26): Rec-60 Yds-714 Td's-2....Don't see how Houston can let him walk after this season, he is one of the more underrated players...

Lenoard Pope (25): 6'8 258 pounds only Rec-8 YDs-70 but had 5 TD's in 07

I think Dansby is a very realistic prospect in FA if the Bills do not resign Crow

I really dont want to see Ellison on the field again

My perfect FA period:

Sign Dansby

Sign Birk

Sign adequate veteran backup QB

Draft DE round 1

Draft TE round 2
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Outside of Peppers, Suggs, and Birk... thats a pretty weak list

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Outside of Peppers, Suggs, and Birk... thats a pretty weak list
And even Birk has been going down hill over the past few seasons, and isn't getting any younger.

Peppers and Suggs would be the best case scenarios but both are unlikely to happen as it appears both will get contracts from their respective teams.