PDA

View Full Version : Per Mort on the Howard Simon show...

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
...the extension was NOT signed this past Sunday, but was signed back when it was first reported. I didn't believe that it was signed on Sunday, and that being the case still gives me hope that they'll get rid of this buffoon. Time changes everything and even thought there may be a contract in place, how can anybody bring back a coach who is responsible for one of the worst collapses in NFL history? I guess we will see.

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
he needs to go and take turk and fewell and kugler and modrak and guy with him

Mr. Pink
12-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Sully was stating this as well on Monday I believe.

Jeff1220
12-18-2008, 12:52 PM
If Ralph's "lack of talent" comment meant he was going to retool the front office, the new GM will likely want 'his guy' as coach. That's a scenario the DJ has already been through, and I doubt he'd want to go through it again. If they give him the choice to keep his job if he fires certain staff members, the word is that DJ is loyal to a fault. He might go Wade Phillips on Ralph and refuse. In any case, I think his return is very unlikely.

raphael120
12-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Stupid to resign someone when the season isn't even halfway over with. who does that?

"Congrats, Dick! You beat 4 horrible teams!"

superbills
12-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Stupid to resign someone when the season isn't even halfway over with. who does that?

All the more reason we need a real GM in here. Leave Russ to hand out Pom-Poms at Wegmans and get a football guy in here to handle the players and coaches.

Novacane
12-18-2008, 02:39 PM

They wanted to lock him up because they feared he was gonna be a hot commodity on the FA market after we won the Super Bowl :rofl:

Mitchy moo
12-18-2008, 03:31 PM
They wanted to lock him up because they feared he was gonna be a hot commodity on the FA market after we won the Super Bowl :rofl:

Sounds like a rookie GM mistake to me, what's next is the bigger question.

don137
12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Ralph is being penny wise and pound foolish with the GM situation. A more qualified GM would not of done that and it will cost Ralph now.

acehole
12-18-2008, 04:52 PM
...the extension was NOT signed this past Sunday, but was signed back when it was first reported. I didn't believe that it was signed on Sunday, and that being the case still gives me hope that they'll get rid of this buffoon. Time changes everything and even thought there may be a contract in place, how can anybody bring back a coach who is responsible for one of the worst collapses in NFL history? I guess we will see.

Well we seem to be doing it with the QB postion so why not coaches....

T-Long
12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I was thinking....Dick should be a man and renegotiate it for the better of the team. He said take a buyout of about a million dollars and move on.

Ebenezer
12-18-2008, 08:26 PM
It will be the typical offseason...RW will meet with him...force him to sacrifice his coordinators to stay...he will...and will be back next year...and then in the 2010 season RW will finally pull the plug...same old MO.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 08:56 PM
It will be the typical offseason...RW will meet with him...force him to sacrifice his coordinators to stay...he will...and will be back next year...and then in the 2010 season RW will finally pull the plug...same old MO.

I hope not. Clayton for the first time stated on WGR that he believes that Jauron will not be back. He said it's what he has been starting to hear.

Michael82
12-19-2008, 12:59 AM
I only see that if the Bills win the final 2 games. If not....Jauron will be gone.

shelby
12-19-2008, 04:37 AM
Eb's right. We've been through this before.
Jauron will not be fired.

TacklingDummy
12-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Eb's right. We've been through this before.
Jauron will not be fired.

It's hard to get fired when his contract is up.

I'd consider it more, not re-signing him than being fired.

Syderick
12-19-2008, 07:23 AM
We'll just have to wait and see then.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't put a whole lot of stock into this. I heard the interview and the other things Mort said led me to believe he has NO IDEA what is going on.

Throne Logic
12-19-2008, 09:24 AM
It's hard to get fired when his contract is up.

I'd consider it more, not re-signing him than being fired.

Um, something about a 3 year extended stay signed mid-season. . .