PDA

View Full Version : Steady yourself...

madness
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Bills practicing outside (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/18/bills-practicing-outside/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 18th, 2008
For the first time in a month the Bills are practicing outside here on Thursday. The team has been practicing in their Fieldhouse for a while, but with the forecast in Denver expected to be in the single digits Sunday, it’s probably a good idea to get out in the elements.
Denver head coach Mike Shanahan is encouraged that Jay Cutler played well on a cold rainy day in New York a few weeks back, but he’s wondering how both quarterbacks will perform in Sunday’s forecast frozen conditions.
“Cutler’s a guy who enjoys the elements. He played great in New York in that rainstorm we had,” said Shanahan. ”We haven’t played with the conditions we’ll probably have on game day being somewhere around zero. but we’ll see if he can do it then.”

:faint:

Patti120
12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
What? Have the coaches lost their minds? Who would even think about trying to practice in the elements that will more closely resemble the weather on gameday?!

:crazed:

madness
12-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm still in shock.

Jeff1220
12-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Now that their jobs are on the line, they're succumbing to fan pressure.

raphael120
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Dont see how its going to help. We played like crap in a dome in Toronto.

Pride
12-18-2008, 01:13 PM
An average team can look great in a bad weather game if they are properly prepared for it. Just like a good team can look like crap in bad weather if they are not prepared.

The bills USED to practice outside.. I find it strange that the Bills became a bad football team in bad weather (snow, rain, cold) as soon as the fieldhouse was built. I don't think its a coincidence.

Philagape
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Don't y'all just love having a coaching staff that's learning on the job?

Night Train
12-18-2008, 01:18 PM
The coaches just found out Denver doesn't play in a dome.

Mitchy moo
12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
RW had a 20% off boots coupon at JCPenneys, new team equipment purchase.

Thurmal
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I am glad this strategy went into effect after the season became unsalvageable (not 100% sure that's an actual word). Winning would actually hurt the team now but, knowing the Bills, they'll probably pull one or both of these games out to kill our draft pick and ensure that "Weekend at Bernie's" remains the head coach.

justasportsfan
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
I am glad this strategy went into effect after the season became unsalvageable (not 100% sure that's an actual word). .we're preparing them for next year :up:

Ed
12-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm actually going to be at this game. Better get my drink on early.

madness
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM
hy Bills practiced outside Thursday By Chris Brown - Posted December 18th, 2008
For the first time in a month the Bills practiced outside. With the forecast set for temperatures in the single digits Sunday in Denver, head coach Dick Jauron explained his decision to practice in the elements.
“At least prediction-wise (today’s weather is) very similar to what we’re supposed to get there,” Jauron said. ”Colder there, about as windy, and there was hardly any wind today. It’s supposed to be sunny in Denver. If we can get to similar conditions it makes sense to come out. We would have liked to have been on the grass field, but it’s just not possible.”
When asked why he hasn’t practiced outside for the last couple of home games and the Kansas City game he said it was a matter of matching up the weather.
“Trying to match conditions,” he said. ”It doesn’t make a lot of sense to practice in bad weather if you’re not going to play in a bad weather game. It doesn’t make much sense at all.”

RockStar36
12-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Such BS. Now that the season is over, start practicing outside. No, don't do it earlier in the season when the games mattered. This is yet another blunder by these idiots.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Such BS. Now that the season is over, start practicing outside. No, don't do it earlier in the season when the games mattered. This is yet another blunder by these idiots.
There really haven't been any games this year (like Cleveland last year) where bad weather was expected giving them much of a reason to practice outside. At least I can't think of one.

raphael120
12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Put Edwards back in too late last year when JP was sucking.
Too late when calling plays, forcing us to use time outs.
Too late to challenge calls.
Too late to adjust gameplans.
Too late to make depth chart changes.

BillsWin
12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
A good decision by this staff? apocolypse anyone?