PDA

View Full Version : Shout Mag Says It's the Talent, not the Coaching

billsfanone
12-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I got an e-mail yesterday. The spin is in full effect. I wrote the idiot author back. Called out his lousy spin attempt.

DICK JAURON IS A CAREER LOSER.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
It's a fine mixture of both, he wants to run the C2 but whoever is doing the drafting and is picking up the FA's is not giving him the players necessary to make it happen.

billsfanone
12-18-2008, 03:30 PM
A good coach would work with the talent.

Novacane
12-18-2008, 03:31 PM
They must plan on keeping the loser. :down:

billsfanone
12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Yep. And their plan is to throw the players under the bus. I'm ***** pissed at this stance.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
A good coach would work with the talent.
No, the C2 is unlike most defenses. If you don't have the right pieces in place it WILL NOT be successful no matter who the coach is. Now a good coach might recognize that he doesn't have the pieces and would switch the scheme.

JJamezz
12-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Keep ya chin up.. we'll be Dickless in a few weeks. :up:

Owen DeBoard
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
No, the C2 is unlike most defenses. If you don't have the right pieces in place it WILL NOT be successful no matter who the coach is. Now a good coach might recognize that he doesn't have the pieces and would switch the scheme.
I dont know if you relize that this teams problems are more on offense than defense even though I think the C2 sucks. Most of the problems on offense is the play calling which leads back to the coaching.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Yep, the talent ran the ball 3 straight times in the final minute Monday night vs Cleveland and settled for a 47 yard FG instead of trying to get closer. The talent called a passing play while ahead, and deep in their own territory, with just over 2 minutes left in the game.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2008, 03:41 PM
The talent also doesn't ever blitz, especially on 3rd down.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I dont know if you relize that this teams problems are more on offense than defense even though I think the C2 sucks. Most of the problems on offense is the play calling which leads back to the coaching.
And? So the Bills should just forgo improving the defense?

billsfanone
12-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Throwing the players under the bus is going to be great for morale. And great for attracting quality FAs.

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Throwing the players under the bus is going to be great for morale. And great for attracting quality FAs.
Did I miss something, who was thrown under the bus?

billsfanone
12-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Did I miss something, who was thrown under the bus?

The players. Shout, a mouthpiece for the Bills, wrote a diatribe that the Bills problems are due to the players, not the coaches.

Owen DeBoard
12-18-2008, 03:49 PM
And? So the Bills should just forgo improving the defense?
Can you show me where I said the Bills should just forgo improving the D?

gr8slayer
12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Can you show me where I said the Bills should just forgo improving the D?

I dont know if you relize that this teams problems are more on offense than defense Hard to interpret it any other way.

JJamezz
12-18-2008, 03:53 PM
To be fair, the 2nd article in the email pretty clearly states that Jauron may have an uphill climb remaining HC of the Bills..

madness
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
How'd the talent do excuting those plays? Correct me if I'm wrong but even when we're moving the ball or get a few successive stops on D almost every time there is a critical 3rd down on either side of the ball, does our current talent step up or fail to excute? So why is that any different when it comes down a pivotal point near the end of the game?

For example, if I tell my kids to hurry up and clean their playroom so we can go to their favorite restaurant before it gets busy... is it my fault they dragged their feet and now are eating left overs? I don't think so.

That talent level of this team on whole, not just the starters, is still below par.

DynaPaul
12-18-2008, 04:25 PM
You know... Levy and some other writers said the same thing about Jauron's stint in Chicago when they brought him in. Yeah well maybe he didn't have the best roster in Chicago when he was there but that trick isn't going to work again here in Buffalo. Do we need some more talent? Yes. Do we have enough talent to get into the playoffs? Yes.

Novacane
12-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Our talent needs upgrading. No doubt about it. Dick needs to go right along with the untalented players

Owen DeBoard
12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
How'd the talent do excuting those plays? Correct me if I'm wrong but even when we're moving the ball or get a few successive stops on D almost every time there is a critical 3rd down on either side of the ball, does our current talent step up or fail to excute? So why is that any different when it comes down a pivotal point near the end of the game?

For example, if I tell my kids to hurry up and clean their playroom so we can go to their favorite restaurant before it gets busy... is it my fault they dragged their feet and now are eating left overs? I don't think so.

That talent level of this team on whole, not just the starters, is still below par.
If it was the talent it wouldnt come down to us losing the game in the 4th quarter towards the end of the game. We would be out of the game early if it was the talent. Its all about halftime adjustments and calls at the end of the game that cause us to lose and that is on the coaching staff.

billogic99
12-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree DJ has his share of issues and he's hardly the best coach in the league, BUT we have one maybe two standout players. I don't care who's calling the plays, it's up to the players to execute the plays. Who on Defense is dominant?? Who on Offense besides maybe Lynch gives us the impression he could be a superstar? Sorry, but how can Bill fans ***** and moan at the coaches and the decisions they make and than ignore the talent level? Obviously whomever is bringing in the talent is just as responsible as the guy's calling the plays.

Philagape
12-19-2008, 07:51 AM
WHY CAN'T IT BE BOTH???

Oh, because then writers, pundits and message-board geeks wouldn't be able to sound like cool experts by declaring it to be one or the other. Silly me.

colin
12-19-2008, 08:47 AM

i have to agree.

i think, while it keeps our ST ranked super high, we have too many guys on the team as dedicated special teamers. we need real players, and need to sacrifice the odd guy on special teams.

blackonyx89
12-20-2008, 01:26 PM
To be fair, the 2nd article in the email pretty clearly states that Jauron may have an uphill climb remaining HC of the Bills..

Love the Jauron Tin Man avatar!!! Best I've seen in awhile.

Historian
12-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Shout is the Buffalo Bills Pravda...

:rolleyes:

Night Train
12-21-2008, 05:29 AM
It's not my fault I'm fat.

It's the forks fault.

acehole
12-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I got an e-mail yesterday. The spin is in full effect. I wrote the idiot author back. Called out his lousy spin attempt.

DICK JAURON IS A CAREER LOSER.

It is a bit of both I am afriad.

thenry20
12-21-2008, 03:13 PM
It's a fine mixture of both, he wants to run the C2 but whoever is doing the drafting and is picking up the FA's is not giving him the players necessary to make it happen.

That's a lie! We don't run the C2. If we did, the corners wouldn't be playing 10 yards back. They should be on the line in "man" and the safeties over the top.