X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Are we being "Major League"d?

You know, I don't mean to be sinister, but it seems like the Bills are trying to suck. Does anyone remember the movie "Major League"?

"The new owner of the Cleveland Indians puts together a purposely horrible team so they'll lose and she can move the team."

Know I don't know exactly how or why losing would help in this case, but I don't know how you can make this many bad moves for so long by accident.

Thoughts?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Are we being "Major League"d?

I've been considering this idea for some time now. But it's hard to fully think it when Wilson continues to spend big money on FA's every year. I think the people in charge of the Bills are just football idiots.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

I love that movie
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

thanks yordad. i think you said what everyone has been quietly thinking to themselves over the course of this year.

They do have the best ticket sales in the league. but if you tank a season and the stadium goes empty, it's easier for the rest of the NFL to point its finger at the "suite-less" community of Buffalo and say, "we need a better market and you guys didn't support what you had. See ya!"

I do think the saving grace is this economy. i think the NFL is going to get a little lesson that the average fan is going to be the ones who keep this league afloat. and if they don't help us keep this team, all the companies that have much bigger issues than paying for suites at games for people who could certainly afford a ticket aren't going to save all the big hitting teams like dallas or NE.

I think the NFL, if run competently has to come to the same conclusion.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
          I've been considering this idea for some time now. But it's hard to fully think it when Wilson continues to spend big money on FA's every year. I think the people in charge of the Bills are just football idiots.
          Agreed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Agreed. This is a dysfunctional organization that would be incapable of hatching such a devious plan. We're simply a bunch of bunglers being led by an increasingly senile owner.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Are you suggesting that the Bills prop up a life-sized cardboard cutout of naked Ralph in the locker room? "With every win, we remove one piece!"

You know, judging by how this team has completely tanked after game 6, this just might have some actual merrit to it. . .
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• BillsFanInNM
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                Are you suggesting that the Bills prop up a life-sized cardboard cutout of naked Ralph in the locker room? "With every win, we remove one piece!"

You know, judging by how this team has completely tanked after game 6, this just might have some actual merrit to it. . .

I believe it's the opposite, they left him naked & for every win, they got to cover a piece up. So they managed to win just enough to cover the twig & giggleberries/saggy man boobs & gave up the rest of the year.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

and Buffalo as a city is being Pluto'd

but I have had the major league theory in my head for awhile

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

We can only hope so! Didnt they win the Penant in Major League?

Also, I believe there were very specific circumstances as to why the owner of the indians (in the movie) could not move the team...

Wilson can move this team anytime he wants.. he's laid the groundwork for that for the past 20 years.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                      We can only hope so! Didnt they win the Penant in Major League?

Also, I believe there were very specific circumstances as to why the owner of the indians (in the movie) could not move the team...

Wilson can move this team anytime he wants.. he's laid the groundwork for that for the past 20 years.
                      It's not that easy anymore. It would be a long, drawn out process that would need the approval of a lot of people.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

It's not that easy anymore. It would be a long, drawn out process that would need the approval of a lot of people.
                        Such as? Sure, the city to which Wilson moves the team... but no one from Buffalo has any legal way of stopping the team from moving...

And everyone knows an NFL team is a cash cow for a city... any city would welcome Wilson with open arms.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                          Such as? Sure, the city to which Wilson moves the team... but no one from Buffalo has any legal way of stopping the team from moving...

And everyone knows an NFL team is a cash cow for a city... any city would welcome Wilson with open arms.
                          First he would need the approval of both the league and a majority of the other owners. Then he would have to build a new stadium that meets the standards of the NFL. The chances of it being Wilson moving the team are slim to none. It would cost him far too much money.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

It's very possible. That way cheapo Wilson can blame the fans for lack of support and sell it off. We've been throwing a monkey wrench into the gears by selling out the games though.

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

Conspiracy theory!

i like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X