I'm VERY Happy about the choice of the new turf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

I'm VERY Happy about the choice of the new turf!

The Bills are showing their commitment to building excellence in our franchise by installing a player-friendly turf in the Ralph.

As it stands now, the Ralph's killer turf is death on knees. If any of you have ever been tackled (or simply fell down) on turf similar to the current Ralph turf, it's like falling down on carpeting placed over a paved parking lot. Not too bad if you do it by yourself, but it hurts like hell if uyou have a 300+ DL driving you into it...

Thoughts?
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I'm amazed there hasn't been serious knee injuries there since the mid- late 80-s to now.

Shane Nelson/Jeff Nixon/Jerry Butler/Jim Braxton/OJ Simpson train wreck knee injuries of the 70's and early 80's hvent happened.

But the stuff had to go. We are one of the last to keep the carpet we had (outdoor stadium anyways)

The Meadowlands, and even some grass fields(Balt) are switching to this stuff

Comment

• Lone Stranger
      • Sep 2002

Puhlease. Who do you think is paying for this Not anyone from West Nyack. Just us poor folk from Erie County. And certainly not the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

fmr60....

I'm NOT from West Nyack....I'm from Erie County. Where are you from?

What's your point?

The Bills will benefit from having a playing surface that won't kill our best players' knees.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
          • Jul 2002

It's a good move. Excellent move. It will help attract FA's. It will look better. It's a step into the future, about time.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

What exactly is your point fmr60? I suppose you won't support the bills now seeing someone has to pay for it!? Well move away if you don't want to pay. Go Bills!

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

@@!!

Originally posted by The Spaz
              What exactly is your point fmr60? I suppose you won't support the bills now seeing someone has to pay for it!? Well move away if you don't want to pay. Go Bills!
              Spaz...

You da man!

Go Bills!!!!

Superbowl 2003/4! WooooooHoooooo!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I don't mind paying for the turf...it's the preseason tickets I have a problem with...lol.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

pre-season tickets should be like 5-15 bucks at most and give some out to like disadvantage people its not like there gonna sell them

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

Manchester United uses this same turf (my favorite soccer team) and let me tell you, this stuff is awsome. It looks just like real grass and it's like impossible to freeze. I saw a game once in Manchester, England where it rained ALL DAY LONG and i thought for sure the game would suck becasue it rained but the field looked like it was clear skys and 75 all day long. It rains alot in England and this stuff holds up great.
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Jaydog57
                      Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
                      • Oct 2002

So it's just as safe as natural grass? I know astro-turf is on concrete and when you hit the ground, you know it. Just don't wanna see my boys in Miami crashing down on concrete, that would take away from the victory with scrapes and bruises.
                      "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                        • Jul 2002

I think with these new synthetic fields available, astro turf should be banned in the NFL. There is no reason to play on a carpet laying on concrete anymore.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• mush69
                          • Jan 2003

I believe this is the same stuff they installed on the new Cortland State facility and all the players love this surface. It's a step in the right direction. As far as the increased taxes go, At least your money is being spent in your area and not down state in the city!
                          Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• superbills
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by fmr60
                            Puhlease. Who do you think is paying for this Not anyone from West Nyack. Just us poor folk from Erie County. And certainly not the Buffalo Bills.
                            Why would the Bills pay for it? In their lease agreement (notice that word agreement, two sides seeing eye to eye) Erie County is putting up $2million per year in structual improvements for the Ralph. The Bills are using that money to switch out the turf, and they're only using $500,000 of it. Quit crying. Move to Rochester if you're dissatisfied with having an NFL franchise in your county. You'll love it here. High taxes and diddly squat to show for it.

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                            Ronald Reagan
                            40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

It's worth it for Erie County. The Bills are a boon for EC economically and even culturally. Can you imagine Buffalo w/o the Bills? Yikes!

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                              pre-season tickets should be like 5-15 bucks at most and give some out to like disadvantage people its not like there gonna sell them

You can have mine for half price. GREAT seats.
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X