PDA

View Full Version : For the tie-breakers experts ...

naugem
12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
If The Jets and Dolphins win this week, is NE out of the playoffs?
Assuming the Jets and Dolphins won't tie the last week of the season.

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
No, they could still get the WC but would be out of the title race.

Ickybaluky
12-18-2008, 09:58 PM
If Baltimore loses one game and the Pats win out, the Pats get a WC no matter what happens with the Jets and Dolphins.

This week is big for the Pats. They have to beat Arizona. The Jets travel to Seattle after struggling on the West Coast this year. Baltimore travels to play Dallas on Saturday night.

If the Pats win and either the Jets lose (at Seattle) or Baltimore loses (at Dallas), the Pats will control their own destiny against the Bills in the last game. The Bills would have the opportunity to play spoiler.

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
No offense, but the way this season has gone I would be giddy if the Bills ended the Pats season.

No way it happens though.

BlackMetalNinja
12-19-2008, 06:17 AM
If Baltimore loses one game and the Pats win out, the Pats get a WC no matter what happens with the Jets and Dolphins.

This week is big for the Pats. They have to beat Arizona. The Jets travel to Seattle after struggling on the West Coast this year. Baltimore travels to play Dallas on Saturday night.

If the Pats win and either the Jets lose (at Seattle) or Baltimore loses (at Dallas), the Pats will control their own destiny against the Bills in the last game. The Bills would have the opportunity to play spoiler.20 degrees and snow showers probably won't help the Cardinals out too much either!

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 07:42 AM
If the Pats squeak into the playoffs, I wouldn't be shocked to see them make a run.

naugem
12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Damn, considering the scenarios, it seems quite likely that the Pats will make the playoffs.
It would be great if the Bills kept the Pats from the playoffs, but I don't see that happening.

mybills
12-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I will puke violently for a week if the Pats make the play offs.
Go Jets!
Go Arizona!
Go Baltimore!
:jill:

HughC
12-23-2008, 04:44 PM
New England gets in with a win and also a Baltimore loss.
If that happens, then the Jets - Dolphins game only determines whether they are the #3 seed or the #6 seed.

Here's the AFC East (#3 seed) playoff scenario:
-Miami wins the AFC East with a win
-Patriots win the AFC East with a win, and a Jets win over Miami
-Jets win the AFC East with a win, and a Bills win over New England

The Colts are locked in as the #5 (first wildcard) seed
Here's the playoff scenario for the #6 seed:
-Ravens are #6 with either a win, or a Bills win over the Patriots
-Patriots are #6 with a win, Miami win, and Ravens loss
-Jets are #6 with a win, Patriots win, and Ravens loss

Bottom line is it doesn't look good for New England to make the playoffs, because they need Jacksonville to beat Baltimore. It also doesn't look good for the Jets because they either need the Bills to beat the Patriots, or the Jags to beat the Ravens.