PDA

View Full Version : Clayton on WGR

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
John Clayton on WGR this afternoon stated that from what he is starting to hear, there is little chance that he sees Jauron coming back after this season. This is a pretty dramatic change from what he has been reporting, so you've got to believe that it has some validity. Everything is a guess right now, but this is something positive for people who would like to see Jauron gone.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
im telling you if dick wins one more game hes back

loose them both and hes gone

Mark my words

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:26 PM

Mark my words

I agree that if he loses both that he probably won't be back.

DraftBoy
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Won't matter any if there is not a new GM and FO in place.

cocamide
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM

Mark my words

How would we know?

1) Let's say he wins a game and is our coach next year. How can we be sure that he wouldn't have been hired back even if he lost both?

2) Let's say he loses both and gets fired. How can we be sure that he wouldn't have been fired even if he won one or two games?

I'm not gonna mark your words.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
How would we know?

1) Let's say he wins a game and is our coach next year. How can we be sure that he wouldn't have been hired back even if he lost both?

2) Let's say he loses both and gets fired. How can we be sure that he wouldn't have been fired even if he won one or two games?

Nobody truly knows, but everything we do on here is an assumption anyways. It's a pretty good bet that the odds of Dickey getting fired after losing the last two are greater then if he won one or both of those games. It's common sense.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM

I agree and believe that if Dickey is fired, then this will be addressed also. For some reason, I just think that this organization will go away from what we expect them to do and they will actually get a football man in here to turn this organization around. Don't know why and I may be wrong, but I've just got a feeling.

Bill Brasky
12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
last week he said there was no chance dj would be fired. this week he's all but gone.

i wish i got paid to report baseless crap 24/7.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
How would we know?

I wasn't talking to you:D:

Owen DeBoard
12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
John Clayton on WGR this afternoon stated that from what he is starting to hear, there is little chance that he sees Jauron coming back after this season. This is a pretty dramatic change from what he has been reporting, so you've got to believe that it has some validity. Everything is a guess right now, but this is something positive for people who would like to see Jauron gone.
I sure hope he is hearing from some very reliable sources.

cocamide
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
I wasn't talking to you:D:

I was being more sarcastic than anything. It's logical to assume that losing the last two games would make it more likely that Dick get fired, but we'll never really know for sure. Maybe the old man was going to fire him no matter what happened. Or, and this is probably the case, Dick keeps his job no matter what happens. These next few weeks will definitely be interesting.

jamze132
12-18-2008, 11:58 PM

Mark my words
You're telling us? :rofl:

:rockon:

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-19-2008, 12:43 AM
last week he said there was no chance dj would be fired. this week he's all but gone.

i wish i got paid to report baseless crap 24/7.
Was this before or after the Jets debacle?

X-Era
12-19-2008, 05:47 AM
My problem has to do with the... "then what"

Our track record is poor and we have no indication that we are drastically changing our philosophy to improve how we pick coaches.

So then it becomes a situation where many want change just for change. But the outcome can be good or bad and in this case, our approach may prescribe the later.

I understand and can agree with the reasoning behind not liking Jauron. But I think we have to look at who we would likely get next and what that means for the team as well.

To me, the only way to end the perpetual mediocrity is to make a true and significant upgrade; across the board (HC, GM, and talent) would be nice but is unrealistic. But as I have said before, a significant upgrade in talent may still yield a playoff run with a newbie HC or retread. And the opposite may also be true where a significant HC upgrade but not significantly upgrading the talent may also yield a playoff berth... The problem is we are likely to stick to our same ole recipe of a retread or newbie HC, and average talent level.

Again, I will always hope that it changes, but I see little to give me a real assurance of that.

So, get rid of Dick? yes, OK. But then we better be going after either true and significant upgrades in talent level or get a highly successful head coach.

Anything less is more of the same.

X-Era
12-19-2008, 05:56 AM

I disagree.

A HC like Cowher could turn this roster into a playoff team IMO, REGARDLESS of the GM and FO.

Could Billick? probably not, could Fassel? probably not. Shotty? maybe.

We have done at least average in the draft over the past decade. We made blunders with 2 of our 3 trades tomove up (McCargo and Losman) but also made a sound move with Poz IMO.

But we also got guys like Peters, and Greer, Lynch, Parrish, and McGee. Kyle Williams was a nice find IMO.

What we suck at is FA. But last year we finally made a strong move that paid huge dividends with Stroud.

The FO deserves plenty of blame, but a true, proven, successful HC can make up for alot.

ddaryl
12-19-2008, 07:43 AM
3 seasons no playoffs... Buh Bye DICK

yordad
12-19-2008, 09:02 AM
How would we know?

I'm not gonna mark your words.But, what if he wins one, and is still fired? :idunno:

HHURRICANE
12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
It's easy:

1) He wins both games and he's back

2) He loses both games and he's gone

3) If he splits than it's all about how and it's a coin flip.

trapezeus
12-19-2008, 09:51 AM
remember when we got bledsoe. Do you remember the actual feeling of shock and amazement? "THE BILLS PICKED UP WHO?!!" NO WAY! I DIDNT THINK THEY'D EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT. SWEET" We all thought they'd get a lame QB to fill in and let AVP work his thing for a season.

I have a feeling the bills may be giving us what we want during this offseason. I could be totally wrong, but i really think Ralph likes the bills and wants them to succeed. Conspiracy theories aside.

mchurchfie
12-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Mark my words
I hate to say it but we need to let JP finish out the season to insure that Dick doesn't come back.

Bill Brasky
12-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Was this before or after the Jets debacle?

as of last thursday there were "no solid replacements" for dick jauron, acc to clayton.

today he's singing a different tune.

ddaryl
12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Joy to the world, Jauron is gone!
Let the Bills receive a real coach;
Let every player prepare for Him,
And let Buffalo Bills fans sing,
And let Buffalo Bills fans sing,
And let Buffalo Bills fans sing.

Joy to the world, a new coach reigns!
Let new coordinators be employ;
While backs, ends, receivers and kickers
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

just killing time at work until the holiday shutdown starts

TigerJ
12-19-2008, 09:52 PM
If Jauron is let go, the Bills should include the UB athletic director in the process of selecting a new coach. That guy knows how to hire a coach (Turner Gill).