PDA

View Full Version : The really sad part about the Bills.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
The really sad part about the Bills organization being so poor is that many Bills fans who used to visit sites like this to talk about football are no longer around. Why would they...there is nothing good to talk about. I remember when this site used to be jammed with hope, constructive talk about winning football games and playoffs. Now, it is just filled with doubt, dispair and hopelessness. I know first hand, that is the feeling I have with this team and I'm guilty of being too negative. I truly hope that something big happens this offseason and that excitement can once again be brought back to the fanbase, along with more fellow Bills fans coming back to have discussions about the possibilities that this organization could provide.

Jan Reimers
12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Amen. It's certainly much harder to be optimistic after 9 straight years without a playoff appearance, and not much hope on the horizon. And it's not really constructive to hope for Ralph's demise.

OpIv37
12-19-2008, 09:33 AM
The really sad part about the Bills organization being so poor is that many Bills fans who used to visit sites like this to talk about football are no longer around. Why would they...there is nothing good to talk about. I remember when this site used to be jammed with hope, constructive talk about winning football games and playoffs. Now, it is just filled with doubt, dispair and hopelessness. I know first hand, that is the feeling I have with this team and I'm guilty of being too negative. I truly hope that something big happens this offseason and that excitement can once again be brought back to the fanbase, along with more fellow Bills fans coming back to have discussions about the possibilities that this organization could provide.

I know I'm the unofficial resident pessimist around here, but I can honestly say I've never been more disillusioned about this team than I am right now. It looks like we're still 2-3 years away, which means we're STILL rebuilding. The people at the top- from Ralph throughout the FO- have repeatedly demonstrated incompetence, so even if they change coaches, I have no reason to believe they're going to get it right. Next year will either bring another year of Jauron's mediocrity, or some new coach starting over. Neither is particularly exciting.

This team has made it so hard to enjoy football. It's impossible to get excited about the games when they're meaningless.

Marvelous
12-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm always digusted @ the mediocre fans that only come out when we're winning.. Sure it blows, but whatever...
----winning is a perk..getting old i must be..

methos4ever
12-20-2008, 08:17 AM
I don't think it's a matter of going away, but posting a positive thread at this point will result in:

1 - Getting blasted for being a homer/apologist/etc
2 - Have someone ask what you're smoking/seeing/etc that they are not
3 - Told you must be used to/accept/enjoy mediocrity

At this point, we have a bad economy, people losing jobs or afraid they might and I think a lot of what brings folks to sports is an escape - a hope. And with the collapse of the season after such a bright start that further exacerbated the current Bills Nation unrest.

My fiancee is a Steelers fan and it burns me up every time they win; not because I hate the Steelers (which I also do) but because I see them as Bizarro Buffalo. And that irks me. Other seasons not so much, but this season...it's scary.

It's all over boards all over the internet, with regard to the Bills. It's a darn shame.

yordad
12-20-2008, 08:32 AM
I know what you mean nighthawk. I have some ideas for some articles, but my lack of Bills excitement doesn't give me the spark I need to sit down and write the things I'm thinking. It just feels so... so... blah.

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 09:18 AM
I know what you mean nighthawk. I have some ideas for some articles, but my lack of Bills excitement doesn't give me the spark I need to sit down and write the things I'm thinking. It just feels so... so... blah.

I know, this fanbase needs SOMETHING to get them excited about again. Not just a band-aid fix, but real hope that we could win something. I'm holding out hope that this organization does that this offseason.

yordad
12-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I know, this fanbase needs SOMETHING to get them excited about again. Not just a band-aid fix, but real hope that we could win something. I'm holding out hope that this organization does that this offseason.I am fed up. I ain't getting as excited as I was until I see a 10 in the win column.

Night Train
12-20-2008, 09:32 AM
" Oh well. I've seen much worse than this. " ~ Ralph

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 09:47 AM
a decade of crap would suck the wind out of any diehards sail

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I know, this fanbase needs SOMETHING to get them excited about again. Not just a band-aid fix, but real hope that we could win something. I'm holding out hope that this organization does that this offseason.

If I had a dime for every time I felt this way during the offseason over the last 10 years I'd have a buck

yordad
12-20-2008, 09:50 AM
If I had a dime for every time I felt this way during the offseason over the last 10 years I'd have a bucklol, I'd have like a quarter.