PDA

View Full Version : Sabres recall Ellis and Butler

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I am excited to see Butler. I think of all the young guys, he might turn out the best (even better than Gerbe)

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I am excited to see Butler. I think of all the young guys, he might turn out the best (even better than Gerbe)

I agree. Butler should be a real good player in this league and I'm excited to see him play.

hydro
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Link for anyone who doesn't have a clue who Butler is because I sure didn't.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/chris_butler

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2008, 09:52 PM
I agree. Butler should be a real good player in this league and I'm excited to see him play.

'K, we have agreed a couple of times lately. I'm getting concerned. :D

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
BTW, play him for 5 - 10 games and send him back. He still needs some PT in the AHL, but getting his feet wet will help.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 10:28 PM
'K, we have agreed a couple of times lately. I'm getting concerned. :D

Hey, I don't disagree with everything you say, nor with others that I may not see eye-to-eye with. I'll admit it when somebody makes a good point and I agree with yours on this one. Just don't let it happen too often! :D:

OpIv37
12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Butler was a +36 in the USHL? That's insane.

Nighthawk
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Butler was a +36 in the USHL? That's insane.

There is no doubt, this kid has talent and should be very good. It will take time, but he has everything you want in a defenseman. Now only if this organization could have a little luck and find a star on the backend, that would be nice.

clumping platelets
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I should get a Butler jersey :nod:

SabreEleven
12-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Do you have a link, LW?

SabreEleven
12-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Is Ellis the 6'7" kid?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Portland, ME – When the Portland Pirates take to the ice tomorrow in Worcester, they will do so without defenseman Chris Butler as he was recalled earlier today by the Buffalo Sabres.

Butler, 22, has played in all 27 games this season for the Pirates, scoring 12 points (2g, 10a) with a plus/minus rating of -3.

Because of the holiday roster freeze which begins on Dec. 19, Butler is most likely going to remain with the Sabres until sometime into the new year when Craig Rivet, who suffered a shoulder injury, should return to the lineup.

UPDATE:

In addition to Butler being recalled, the Sabres announced that Matt Ellis was recalled and Nathan Gerbe has been placed on IR with an upper body injury.

Ellis, 27, has played in 12 games, scoring four points this season with the Pirates. Before joining the Pirates, he played seven games with the Sabres, going scoreless after being claimed on waivers from Los Angeles on Oct. 1. Ellis has eight points (3g, 5a) in 77 career NHL games with Buffalo, Los Angeles and Detroit.
http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2008/12/18/butler-heading-to-buffalo/

my guess is that Ellis will be here for the rest of the season now. There's no way the Sabres will be able to sneak him through waivers again. Detroit and Los Angeles wanted him the first time the Sabres put him through waivers.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Center Matt Ellis also was recalled with Paul Gaustad hobbled (he missed practice today because of lingering effects from being struck by a puck in practice Monday).
http://www.buffalonews.com/489/story/527187.html

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 05:49 AM
So Butler was +/- 3...excellent.

Dr. Lecter
12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Is Ellis the 6'7" kid?

Ellis was with the team already this year, im4bflo.

BTW LW, I think he does not have to clear waives again if he is sent down in a timely fashion,much like Mancari.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Matt Ellis did absolutely nothing to impress me so to be honest, if he was sent down again and someone claimed him off waivers, so be it. I was updating cap information and thats how I found out he was even sent down. That shows how much I noticed him.

mchurchfie
12-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Matt Ellis did absolutely nothing to impress me so to be honest, if he was sent down again and someone claimed him off waivers, so be it. I was updating cap information and thats how I found out he was even sent down. That shows how much I noticed him.
Ellis is just another one of what we already have too many of on the roster.

mchurchfie
12-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Ellis was with the team already this year, im4bflo.

:lolpoint::assclown: