PDA

View Full Version : BillsWin Offseason plan.

BillsWin
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
ALL HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING AND: This is all assuming that this team wants to win. And that pretty much means cleaning house.

First thing is first, we need a GM. A real GM. You can't build a team with a numbers guy running the show.

A good solid candidate that might be taken by the Lions is Will Lewis.

Will Lewis has done a mighty fine job over in Seattle as the director of pro scouting. I know we may not think too much about Seattle, but they have had some success in recent years. (this season a glaring exception)

He'd probably be a great GM if given the chance.

Next step firing Dick Jauron.

you can't think for one moment that the Bills will hire a new GM just to keep some shmo at the HC postion.

Dick will go if we hire a GM.

So who do we bring in?

There are some good HC prospects out there and proven big names.

Bill Cowher?
-Too expensive. but would make my life.

Bill Billick?
-yes! yes! YES!!! but not gunna happen...

Steve Spagnuolo?
-prob wont happen. Isnt he the top new HC prospect?

I've got a guy noone has mentioned yet...

Jim Schwartz.
-Titans DC. "nuff said" right? yeah the guy is great. but he has also coached under Belichick and Fisher. Both solid coaches. both adding to his pedigree...

He'd be a great fit here in "B-Lo"

Now the question is, do we keep Turk and Fewell and the rest? That is really uncertain. Fewell is coming into his own (I don't like him, but his D isn't completely inept this year they just need a talent infusion), and Turk was in his first year and had some good games (and bad ones).

So lets say for the sake of argument they stay...

Free Agency:
Kyle Boller- gives us a suitable backup.
Hank Baskett- veteran wideout, cheap.
MATT BIRK- The biggest pickup of this FA because it shores up our O-line.
Karlos Dansby- A good starter on the outside. we can build up Bowen and another draftpick as well.

I want to say Lindell will be gone and we get someone, but even though hes gone sour, he is still one of the best and most consistent kickers in Bills history...

The Draft:

(oh boy... I can't wait for DraftBoy's input! :D :up:)

Our first round pick is number 11.

1. Greg Hardy. Ole Miss Im assuming that Orakpo is off the board. and we need a pass rush. this guy comes ready to go.

2. is actually a first round pick because (in my own little dream world) we are trading our 2nd and 3rd and next year's 5th to get back up into the first and take.......................... Brandon Pettigrew. TE OSU
The guy is a stud and we need that. IMO is the best OVERALL TE in the draft. I LOVE Gresham, but Brandon is a monster blocker. he had to be, OSU focuses on the run. Gresham can block, but Brandon's got him beat IMO.

3. traded.

4. DT Vance Walker GT
will he drop this far? Thatd be freaking awesome...

5. QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston. (started at OU got kicked out for off campus issues.)
would make a good backup. can compete with Boller/ Hamdan.

6. Anthony Heygood OLB Purdue

7. Troy Nolan SS Arizona State

UDFA: OL Depth. center. WR competition. practice squad DT

ehhhh there are some holes. agreed. but I have a belief this is a two year process for us.

Resign: Greer, Digi, Preston, Jackson

Release: FOWLER

This is subject to advisment. I understand my draft left some holes in spots but let me reitterate this.

my plan is laying out a two year rbebuilding plan and another year to gell.

This is also under the understanding that we keep with Trent.

These players we have and draft/ sign will make for a solid core moving forward.

Thanks for readin.

NOW LET ME HAVE IT!

BILLSROCK1212
12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
cnt say i'd be too upset although we do need more O-line depth and secondary depth

paladin warrior
12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
cnt say i'd be too upset although we do need more O-line depth and secondary depth wow That great. Only thing is I would love get HC Cowher or Billick. Trade Jp. 1st around pick is DE. that most importent. Yeah get rip of Dick J.. awsome joB Billswin ,, Man you did alot of work to typed..

BillsWin
12-19-2008, 12:41 AM
wow That great. Only thing is I would love get HC Cowher or Billick. Trade Jp. 1st around pick is DE. that most importent. Yeah get rip of Dick J.. awsome joB Billswin ,, Man you did alot of work to typed..

Id like Cowher or Billick as well Paladin. Thanks.

paladin warrior
12-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Id like Cowher or Billick as well Paladin. Thanks. :up:

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm an advocate of trading down versus trading up.. Trade down a couple spots and pick up an extra third and you could probably still get Hardy..

Rd1.) Hardy, DE, Ole Miss (Somebody special to lineup opposite to Schobel. )
Rd2.) Mack, C, Cal (We don't wait till the 2nd day to address a serious need this year! )
Rd3a.) Coffman, TE, Mizzou (Finally a cerebral TE with some ability. )
Rd3b.) Freeman, OLB, OSU ( Why not add another solid LB into the mix? Especially since LB is a position where they get knicked up alot - he would probably eventually see some playing time midway through the year. )

I think that's probably my finest draft so far, tell me what ya think.

BillsWin
12-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm an advocate of trading down versus trading up.. Trade down a couple spots and pick up an extra third and you could probably still get Hardy..

Rd2.) Mack, C, Cal (We don't wait till the 2nd day to address a serious need this year! )
Rd3b.) Freeman, OLB, OSU ( Why not add another solid LB into the mix? Especially since LB is a position where they get knicked up alot - he would probably eventually see some playing time midway through the year. )

I like it. :up:

DraftBoy
12-19-2008, 02:52 PM
The Draft:

(oh boy... I can't wait for DraftBoy's input! :D :up:)

Our first round pick is number 11.

1. Greg Hardy. Ole Miss Im assuming that Orakpo is off the board. and we need a pass rush. this guy comes ready to go.

2. is actually a first round pick because (in my own little dream world) we are trading our 2nd and 3rd and next year's 5th to get back up into the first and take.......................... Brandon Pettigrew. TE OSU
The guy is a stud and we need that. IMO is the best OVERALL TE in the draft. I LOVE Gresham, but Brandon is a monster blocker. he had to be, OSU focuses on the run. Gresham can block, but Brandon's got him beat IMO.

3. traded.

4. DT Vance Walker GT
will he drop this far? Thatd be freaking awesome...

5. QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston. (started at OU got kicked out for off campus issues.)
would make a good backup. can compete with Boller/ Hamdan.

6. Anthony Heygood OLB Purdue

7. Troy Nolan SS Arizona State

UDFA: OL Depth. center. WR competition. practice squad DT

NOW LET ME HAVE IT!

Alright Ill comment at what Im good at;

1. You're taking Hardy too early, even with Orakpo off the board at this point and Im assuming Johnson too, you are reaching for a guy who probably should go before #20 at the earliest and maybe not even to Round 2 (and I really like the kid), so I dont like your start.

2. I see no reason to make the trade you propose, Pettigrew imo isnt worth a 1st and could be there at our 2nd Round pick. If he is not there are a lot of other good TE's prospect available later in the draft.

3. I really hate trading up and losing so many draft picks.

4. No way Walker falls that far, he is very underrated by a lot of draft guys (not me) but I can't see him in Round 4.

5. I love this pick, but I dont see Bomar being available, he's currently a 3rd-4th Round pick and with the success he had at Oklahoma in one year I dont see him falling.

6. If Heygood falls this far and thats a huge IF, then its a great pick.

7. I like Nolan a lot but again I dont think he's around this late. He's a 6'2, 210 pound FS who can locate the ball. Those measurables alone make you think about him. He runs a little slow (4.55-4.65 range) and has some issues but his size and ability make him closer to a 4th-5th Round pick.

DraftBoy
12-19-2008, 02:53 PM

I got no issue with that except for Freeman I think you can find 5 LB's better than him at this spot.

BillsWin
12-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the input DB!

Marvelous
12-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Trade back into teh 1st FOR A TE? :wtf:
--Is a TE gonna help us win more then the other skilled positions? If we lose Greer then CB is seriously f-ed. Esp since McGee is struggling..
-O-line is always neccessary. As is DT's and our FS situation is same as TE..
---Maybe i'm wrong and we desperately need a TE because noodle arm likes dumpoff shorties.. Perhaps??