X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

What happens if

The Bills beat Denver and New England and finish 8-8. Will that be enough to save Jauron?

Please, don't blast me for insinuating this, because I don't want Dick back just as much as most of you, I'm just wondering if 2 wins to end the season will buy him another season in Buffalo. I actually think it might.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: What happens if

What message does that send to the fan base ? 3 years of Jauron & not 1 winning season or playoff appearance ? They'll still finish in last place in the division.

" We would like to extend our commitment to mediocrity by welcoming back Dick Jauron for another 3 years. Please send back your season ticket invoices by March 1st to reserve your seats now ! "

July 1st - " Chris Brown reports season ticket totals are down by 15,000 from last year at this time. GM Russ Brandon blames the local economy. "
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Syderick
      • Apr 2006

It might, but you never know. It's a wait and see kind of a deal here.
      3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

Unfortunately, it will probably be enough for Ralph.

The fans, however, will never forget how this team totally blew a promising season, and how Jauron had two of the poorest coaching performances in recent memory (Cleveland and NY games) inside of a month.

He has to go if this team can have any success. Maybe they'll sneak into the playoffs one of these years with him, but he will just get completely outcoached there as well sooner or later. He provides no hope for a championship.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Hopefully, they can win the last two and fire Jauron. I really want to see NE go down especially, but really don't want Jauron back.
          I hope we can still have one without the other.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

3 years no playoffs and enough obvious HC/Coaching bumbling means Buh Bye DICK

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
              3 years no playoffs and enough obvious HC/Coaching bumbling means Buh Bye DICK
              Exactly. Why should 7-9, 7-9, 8-8, with no playoffs, be good enough to keep him on?

And realistically, we're not beating Denver out there, or New England anywhere, when both (probably) are playing for the postseason.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Exactly. Why should 7-9, 7-9, 8-8, with no playoffs, be good enough to keep him on?

And realistically, we're not beating Denver out there, or New England anywhere, when both (probably) are playing for the postseason.

I think we can beat Denver... if Trent is playing and is healthy, and our running game picks up where it left off last weekend....

New England just has our number

We shouldn't have to wait for a HC like Jauron the Moron to GET IT, when there are options for HC on the market that GOT IT

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

No way. Dick is done after missing the playoffs with a 5 - 1 start.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

I don't think winning the last 2 meaningless games will do anything. Sure it will be nice to beat some winning teams (something we haven't done all season long, btw..), but...I don't think we have to worry because Jaurons teams perennially lose the last two games of the season.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

If they beat the Pats head to head against their first strings? Id like that. very much.

but Dick must go.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

First of all......

We are playing two playoff teams in cold, crappy weather...which we all know that Trent struggles in! There's no way in hell we are winning them both or even one of them. If we do, great! I'd love to knock the Patriots out of the playoffs and feel good on a Monday again. But I don't see it happening.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

I hope we lose against Denver and then beat the Pats. We'll finish 7-9, hopefully fire Jauron, and then keep the Pats out of the playoffs.

... It would almost be as good as making the playoffs.............

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            The Bills beat Denver and New England and finish 8-8. Will that be enough to save Jauron?

Please, don't blast me for insinuating this, because I don't want Dick back just as much as most of you, I'm just wondering if 2 wins to end the season will buy him another season in Buffalo. I actually think it might.
                            Blast you? never...

Unfortunately, I think Dickface will be back next year regardless of what transpires the rest of the season. I think by now Ralphie has his mind made up on what he's going to do when the season officially ends for his team. He's knows we aren't going to beat Denver or NE. And even if we did, it just supports his decision to stick with the mediocre, and cheap game plan we currently have.

And for the record, I never thought I would hear you ask for anyone not to attack you.. You're better than that F_L... :*****slap:

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                              I hope we lose against Denver and then beat the Pats. We'll finish 7-9, hopefully fire Jauron, and then keep the Pats out of the playoffs.

... It would almost be as good as making the playoffs.............
                              WTF do you mean you hope we lose????? I could give a flying nun**** what implications for other teams are on the line, I hope for a "W" each week!

Comment

Working...
                              X