PDA

View Full Version : My predictions now & future...

elltrain22
12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
First off, I don't think we'll win either of our 2 last games and we will finish 6-10 and become the first team in NFL history to start 4-0, and finish in last place....

I predict Trent to play well versus Denver & NE, and also predict we will start to see Steve Johnson get more and more involved into the passing game...

I predict "the Dick" will get canned. Maybe I suffer from wishful thinking, but I think RW sees what is at stake (w/ the fan base) if he brings him back, which will force his hand to give "the Dick" the axe....

I predict that we won't even look toward's Bill Cowher as our next coach. If I had to guess I'd say Marty ball, Haslett, or another coach that has experience....

I predict that we'll be active in FA this offseason. I see us signing a proven NFL-caliber Wide Receiver. I think our FO office has seen how our receivers struggle to get open, and thought that last year by drafting a rookie WR, that we could solve this problem (cheap way to solve), but I think they have realized the error in their ways. I also see us signing a proven, good Center. Matt Birk is a name that comes to mind. I also see us going after a good Outside Linebacker....

I see us drafting a pass rushing DE w/ our 1st pick in this year's draft, and I see us drafting another QB in the early rounds...

I see JP Losman baggin groceries somewhere next year.....

I predict whomever we hire for a new HC, we'll all be disappointed it's not Bill Cowher....

I predict we will all be excited about this team in 09!!!!!!!!

ddaryl
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm a pigeon.. I'll end up getting excited in the offseason like always... some of us never learn

HHURRICANE
12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Nice post!!

elltrain22
12-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Nice post!!

Thanks! I know some will read this and think I am unrealistic, and I am way too optimistic, but at this point, I think ya kinda haved to be what w/ the current state of this fragile franchise. I can honestly say though, I don't think any of my predictions are far fetched or unrealistic.

I may be crazy, but I really think RW wants to see this team in the playoffs 1 more time before he passes.

ddaryl
12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
some will.. but many of us end up being a lot like you... We choose to be optomists

the sad part is the offseason has become our Superbowl in a strange way

GreedoII
12-19-2008, 11:56 AM
First off, I don't think we'll win either of our 2 last games and we will finish 6-10 and become the first team in NFL history to start 4-0, and finish in last place.... I only hope TE plays well. Other than that I hope we lose both. Agreed. I hope we lose both and bad too....

I predict Trent to play well versus Denver & NE, and also predict we will start to see Steve Johnson get more and more involved into the passing game...Agreed. I want TE to play well so we can at least hope he gets it for next yr. If he's healthy which I think he's not. Dick is being desperate here.

I predict "the Dick" will get canned. Maybe I suffer from wishful thinking, but I think RW sees what is at stake (w/ the fan base) if he brings him back, which will force his hand to give "the Dick" the axe....I also agree, but I won't be surprised if he stays and is forced to change some coordinators.

I predict that we won't even look toward's Bill Cowher as our next coach. If I had to guess I'd say Marty ball, Haslett, or another coach that has experience....I agree. I don't think Cowher would even want to com here personally. This franchise is a colossol joke. I can see Haslett/April/hot young coordinator come in ala Spagnola.

I predict that we'll be active in FA this offseason. I see us signing a proven NFL-caliber Wide Receiver. I think our FO office has seen how our receivers struggle to get open, and thought that last year by drafting a rookie WR, that we could solve this problem (cheap way to solve), but I think they have realized the error in their ways. I also see us signing a proven, good Center. Matt Birk is a name that comes to mind. I also see us going after a good Outside Linebacker....I'm half and half on this. I say they bring in mid tier guys that may help, but nobody in the top 10 in FA in my opinion. Too much cash and these players don't want to be here with this crazy senile owner we have.

I see us drafting a pass rushing DE w/ our 1st pick in this year's draft, and I see us drafting another QB in the early rounds...Depends on "their" board. If we draft in top 10 I would not doubt if they traded out for more picks and have a lower salary to pay whomever they draft. If they stay then I think they go OLB. I really think they are happy with what they have to be honest.

I see JP Losman baggin groceries somewhere next year.....I wish. Somebody wil pick him up. Have you seen the NFL this yr? A bunch of really bad QB's playing right now. He will get work somewhere.

I predict whomever we hire for a new HC, we'll all be disappointed it's not Bill Cowher....Agreed!!

I predict we will all be excited about this team in 09!!!!!!!!-Somehow I'm not to confident in that but we can only hope as fans!

Good post!!:rockon:

DynaPaul
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I WON'T be excited barring a major coaching change and proven FA acquisitions.