PDA

View Full Version : Parrish leaves practice early

madness
12-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Parrish leaves practice early (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/19/parrish-leaves-practice-early/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 19th, 2008
Roscoe Parrish left practice right at the close of individual position drills with an apparent leg injury. He had to be helped to the training room.
We’ll have an update from head coach Dick Jauron after practice.
LT Jason Peters is practicing with the first unit after not practicing Thursday.
RB Marshawn Lynch is practicing, but in this no pads practice Friday, he’s wearing shell pads, which are lighter foam pads so as to protect against accidental contact with his bruised shoulder.
CB Jabari Greer is again limited and will likely be listed as questionable for the game.
Not practicing is LB Teddy Lehman.

mybills
12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
WTF?

Patti120
12-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Hopefully that ailing knee of his didn't finally go.

Jan Reimers
12-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Has Lehman been healthy yet?

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Lehman isn't practicing?!?!?!?!

trapezeus
12-19-2008, 11:16 AM
what a waste of a resigning. he falls down like a new born deer on ice almost every time he catches the ball on offense. he's not making special teams play. that's cap money we'll never get back.

and we'll never talk ourselves out of it because we totally get off on his game one punt return touchdown each year. i say we cut him week 2 of next year. get the return and then get him out of here.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 11:23 AM
what a waste of a resigning. he falls down like a new born deer on ice almost every time he catches the ball on offense. he's not making special teams play. that's cap money we'll never get back.

and we'll never talk ourselves out of it because we totally get off on his game one punt return touchdown each year. i say we cut him week 2 of next year. get the return and then get him out of here.

He'd be worth the money if the coaching staff used him properly. You know, screen passes, reverses, things of that nature. It's hard for him to do anything when he doesn't get the ball in his hands.

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
He'd be worth the money if the coaching staff used him properly. You know, screen passes, reverses, things of that nature. It's hard for him to do anything when he doesn't get the ball in his hands.You can only do so much with Roscoe because of the risk of getting him hurt. Lately he hasn't been doing anything when he does get the ball in his hands besides catch a pass for a 1st down, run backwards losing the 1st down and the running forward to just get the 1st down back!

HAMMER
12-19-2008, 11:30 AM

You are clueless, he has the best punt return average in the league. Field position is a big part of the game, if our offense could take advantage......

Pride
12-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Great punt returner... sub par WR.

OpIv37
12-19-2008, 11:36 AM
You are clueless, he has the best punt return average in the league. Field position is a big part of the game, if our offense could take advantage......

or if our D could force a punt....

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Guy can't catch a break this year.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 11:43 AM
You can only do so much with Roscoe because of the risk of getting him hurt. Lately he hasn't been doing anything when he does get the ball in his hands besides catch a pass for a 1st down, run backwards losing the 1st down and the running forward to just get the 1st down back!

What are you talking about? That is such a BS excuse.

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 11:47 AM
BuffaloBills06; you just made the mistake of your life-time. Prepare to be skull ****ed by the University of Miami fans.

Oh yeah, and you're wrong too.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 11:58 AM
You can only do so much with Roscoe because of the risk of getting him hurt. Lately he hasn't been doing anything when he does get the ball in his hands besides catch a pass for a 1st down, run backwards losing the 1st down and the running forward to just get the 1st down back!

The Bills had a nice 4 play touchdown drive against the Jets that for the time being gave them the lead.

I wonder how they did that.

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
The Bills had a nice 4 play touchdown drive against the Jets that for the time being gave them the lead.

I wonder how they did that.
J.P. Losman!

HHURRICANE
12-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Bobby April is going to make a great HC!!:ill:

When you prioritize Special Teams that you inherit 5'7" porcelain doll WRs.

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Bobby April is going to make a great HC!!:ill:

When you prioritize Special Teams that you inherit 5'7" porcelain doll WRs.
Parrish is the only WR on the roster who is a returner.

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 12:21 PM
What are you talking about? That is such a BS excuse.It's not an excuse it's the truth! The guy can only take so much punishment......ever wonder why Roscoe seems to be always banged up during the week when he gets extensive action at WR? A 5'9 169lb WR can only take so much punishment in the NFL and that's why Roscoe will always be a situational player.

HHURRICANE
12-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Parrish is the only WR on the roster who is a returner.

You realize our roster is full of marginal players that are great on special teams?

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
You realize our roster is full of marginal players that are great on special teams?
Yes, but you specifically pointed out the WR's and that's not necessarily true for that position.

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 12:30 PM

I wonder how they did that.That was a great punt return, but thats all he can do......he had 1 catch for 5 yds in the game! He's not the greatest route runner and his hands are suspect! He's a punt returner that plays WR.

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes, but you specifically pointed out the WR's and that's not necessarily true for that position.Most punt returners in the NFL are WRs!

OpIv37
12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
It's not an excuse it's the truth! The guy can only take so much punishment......ever wonder why Roscoe seems to be always banged up during the week when he gets extensive action at WR? A 5'9 169lb WR can only take so much punishment in the NFL and that's why Roscoe will always be a situational player.

The problem with Parrish isn't so much his durability. Steve Smith is only slightly bigger and he's an every down receiver. The problem is that he's a terrible route runner so he doesn't get open. Combine that with his size and it's impossible to get him the ball. Taller WR's can outjump DB's if they're not open. Guys like Josh Reed (who's only 5'9" but has close to 30 lbs on Parrish) can use their route running and proper positioning to get open. But Roscoe's short and doesn't run good routes or position himself well- the only way to get him the ball is if he flat out burns someone with his speed. That's why he's a situational player and I'd much rather see Reed in there.

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Most punt returners in the NFL are WRs!
Not necessarily. Both Pro Bowl returners are RB's.

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Not necessarily. Both Pro Bowl returners are RB's.Out of 32 NFL teams, 22 use WRs to return punts. The other 10 use RBs or DBs.

Griz78
12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Here's a guess, Around 3 PM:

V-Text

The Buffalo Bills have placed WR james Hardy on IR and promoted WR Felton Huggins from the Practice Squad.

OpIv37
12-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Here's a guess, Around 3 PM:

V-Text

The Buffalo Bills have placed WR james Hardy on IR and promoted WR Felton Huggins from the Practice Squad.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would we promote someone who plays the same position as the guy who went on IR? If a DE goes on IR, we promote a LB, if a WR goes on IR, we promote a DB. I think the V text will look more like this:

V-Text

The Buffalo Bills have placed WR james Hardy on IR and promoted RB Bruce Hall from the Practice Squad.

This FO is ****ing clueless.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Parrish is well worth the money he makes for what he does.

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Not this season he isn't, but he sure has been in the past.

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Parrish is well worth the money he makes for what he does.As a member of the Buffalo Bills he has exceeded his contract since we love to overpay for mediocre players anyway!

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
As a member of the Buffalo Bills he has exceeded his contract since we love to overpay for mediocre players anyway!

How much does he make in comparison to other game breaking return men? Please, break it down for me.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Not this season he isn't, but he sure has been in the past.

How many times has a team punted out of bounds or something to that effect to simply avoid him making the return?

jamze132
12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
So? I am willing to bet Leodis would have the best punt return average in the NFL is he was returning them...

trapezeus
12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
consistency is the name of hte game for me. You can spout off all sorts of roscoe stats for me. but the last couple games, he has been catching balls in areas where he should leave them be. He's dancing around instead of just running straight away with it.

His pass catching game is useless for most of this year.

He had the one run against the jets and now we are suppose to justify that we signed a multimillion dollar punt returner? I'm more excited to get two average WR's with size and fair catch punts and move the offense more efficiently. But i gues "the Hammer" would rather have the number 1 ranked ST than a decent offense.

I'm the clueless one.

jamze132
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
consistency is the name of hte game for me. You can spout off all sorts of roscoe stats for me. but the last couple games, he has been catching balls in areas where he should leave them be. He's dancing around instead of just running straight away with it.

He had the one run against the jets and now we are suppose to justify that we signed a multimillion dollar punt returner? I'm more excited to get two average WR's with size and fair catch punts and move the offense more efficiently. But i gues "the Hammer" would rather have the number 1 ranked ST than a decent offense.

I'm the clueless one.
I agree...

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM

I'm the clueless one.

If alls you want is a punt catcher, I'm willing to bet Chris Watson is still available.

Those were good times, weren't they?

trapezeus
12-19-2008, 02:22 PM
chris watson actually caught it and went backwards....and he was a terrible DB. Roscoe has the allure of having a big play in him. But he's no Devin Hester.

It just seems that his body of work is start off healthy and make a couple amazing plays. We love him. We argue to get him more reps. We do. He drops, is absolutely blanketed, or catching short of the sticks, or running into the middle of the field after a catch and getting up gimpy.

Then he isn't there, we're working with Evans and reed, an a rookie/journeyman who can't help the offense.

If they told me getting rid of roscoe brought a legit number 1 receiver here or a real number 3, you'd be stupid not to think about letting roscoe go. '

Like many Bills players of the last 8 years, we seem to have a luxury pick, when we need a dependable workhorse pick.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
chris watson actually caught it and went backwards....and he was a terrible DB. Roscoe has the allure of having a big play in him. But he's no Devin Hester.

It just seems that his body of work is start off healthy and make a couple amazing plays. We love him. We argue to get him more reps. We do. He drops, is absolutely blanketed, or catching short of the sticks, or running into the middle of the field after a catch and getting up gimpy.

Then he isn't there, we're working with Evans and reed, an a rookie/journeyman who can't help the offense.

If they told me getting rid of roscoe brought a legit number 1 receiver here or a real number 3, you'd be stupid not to think about letting roscoe go. '

Like many Bills players of the last 8 years, we seem to have a luxury pick, when we need a dependable workhorse pick.

If there was some sort of swap of Roscoe for a legit number one, well yeah, you take that.

But this does fall on the coaches somewhat. Roscoe ran a perfect reverse last year for a touchdown. That was the last time (that I remember) he ran that play.

It seems like they don't attempt to really get him the ball. He is one of those players who makes things happen with the ball, but rarely gets a chance.

trapezeus
12-19-2008, 02:28 PM
agreed, but they've used him on the slant several times. and that should be his thing is to catch it right in the middle on a 3 step drops and race to the endzone.

everyone is upset that edwards is injury prone, but roscoe is in the same boat i think.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Edwards plays a more important position, therefore people are more upset about him.

gr8slayer
12-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Edwards plays a more important position, therefore people are more upset about him.
Or the fact that everyone had him touted as the "savior" and yet again another has failed.

TacklingDummy
12-19-2008, 03:14 PM

I'd rather spend the money he's making on someone who would contribute more and stay healthy.

RockStar36
12-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I'd rather spend the money he's making on someone who would contribute more and stay healthy.

Like a new QB?

streetkings01
12-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Like a new QB?Like a WR that can occasionally return punts instead of a punt returner who can occasionally play WR.

madness
12-21-2008, 02:10 PM

Not just in the league... he is currently #1 all time. :up: