X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Did Jason Peters really say this?

If so, then he's even more of a selfish piece of **** than I thought.....

“When you put the film on you’ll recognize me.” Peters said. “When you line up in front of me you’re going to recognize me. Bottom line: That’s what matters — the coaches and players. The fan voting, they only see the bad plays. I’m pretty sure they don’t even watch the tackle position. They just see when you get beat. So that’s what matters, when the players and the coaches vote you in.

Peters found out about his selection when he got a call from his mother Tuesday afternoon.

“It’s overwhelming,” he said. “It’s not surprising. I work at it. That’s what you play the game for, to get to Hawaii. It’s an honor.

Peters admitted he felt vindicated by being selected despite missing all of offseason conditioning, training camp and preseason. He reported to the Bills the day before the regular-season opener.

“Of course,” he said. “This is the highest honor you can get individually. That’s what I set out to do every year — to go to the Pro Bowl. They’re not going to vote you in if you don’t play up to your standards.”

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Did Jason Peters really say this?

I'm sorry, but I thought that you play the game to get a Super Bowl ring and anything else is a failure? And I also like how he calls out the fans by saying that we only see the negative plays and don't even watch the tackle position that much. **** you! We are more intelligent than you give us credit for and did see you start playing a LOT better in the 2nd half of the season. But because you were so bad in the 1st half, we didn't think you should be in the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I think he's right though.

He could pancake his guy or open a huge hole in the running game, and at least 85% of the fans don't even see it. But he gets chewed out because the fans do notice when he gives up a sack. Think about the 2nd Miami game. He gave up ONE sack to Porter, but it was in garbage time. For the rest of the game, he completely owned Porter (Porter's other sack came against Chambers when Peters was off the field for some unknown reason). In fact, Porter was so frustrated that he started lining up on the OTHER side of the formation.

But people on this board (and Bills fans in general) were complaining about his performance because all they saw was the one sack, which occurred when the game was practically already over.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I agree he is a quintessential me player..

I wish he played for a SB victory... he is going to want more this year then he wanted last year...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

He is right Mike

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              And I also like how he calls out the fans by saying that we only see the negative plays and don't even watch the tackle position that much. **** you! We are more intelligent than you give us credit for and did see you start playing a LOT better in the 2nd half of the season. But because you were so bad in the 1st half, we didn't think you should be in the Pro Bowl.
              you saw that, I saw that, but in general you're giving fans too much credit. Sometime, you need to talk to fans who don't post on this board every day or have seasons, and you'll find they don't know a whole lot about this kind of thing. Occasionally I'll run into a Bills fan around here, and 90% of the time I realize within 30 seconds that they don't know nearly as much about the team as I do. Not everyone who considers themselves a fan is as obsessed as people like us, and even some of the people who are obsessed just don't understand football.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                He is right Mike
                maybe about the fan part....but come on! Since when is getting into the Pro Bowl what it's all about? Look at all those players who opt out after the season. Look at the players who are in the Super Bowl and they are too busy celebrating the real game to care. Do you think that Michael Strahan cared about the pro bowl last year? It wasn't what he set out to do. He set out to get himself a Super Bowl ring and that's what it really is all about!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Oops, I didn't realize that it was already posted. I was looking for it, but didn't find it.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

i support Peters here....1) he is right i feel the same as an athlete, only your competitors can truly judge how good you are and also i believe what he meant when he said each and every year he sets out to go to the pro bowl is that each and every year he tries to do his best to make his team better....if u make it to the pro bowl like peters did but yur team doesnt win the super bowl it means u did your part but your team just couldnt fit the pieces of the puzzle together to win the super bowl

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      i support Peters here....1) he is right i feel the same as an athlete, only your competitors can truly judge how good you are and also i believe what he meant when he said each and every year he sets out to go to the pro bowl is that each and every year he tries to do his best to make his team better....if u make it to the pro bowl like peters did but yur team doesnt win the super bowl it means u did your part but your team just couldnt fit the pieces of the puzzle together to win the super bowl
                      Sorry, but he didn't do his part. He was too busy thinking about himself and not his team, when he held out for the whole summer and spring.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

From the sound of it, maybe Peters has already cut ties with the Bills (in his mind) and can't wait to leave...

IMO, if we have the same Staff next offseason (Russ, Jauron, etc.) Peters will never play another game for the Bills. I think he is going to demand a trade.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Oops, I didn't realize that it was already posted. I was looking for it, but didn't find it.

It's all good. Did u ever notice the 100s of other garbage threads that people start around here??

You're not one of them!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

At least Peters knows what down it is.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I think he's right though.

He could pancake his guy or open a huge hole in the running game, and at least 85% of the fans don't even see it. But he gets chewed out because the fans do notice when he gives up a sack. Think about the 2nd Miami game. He gave up ONE sack to Porter, but it was in garbage time. For the rest of the game, he completely owned Porter (Porter's other sack came against Chambers when Peters was off the field for some unknown reason). In fact, Porter was so frustrated that he started lining up on the OTHER side of the formation.

But people on this board (and Bills fans in general) were complaining about his performance because all they saw was the one sack, which occurred when the game was practically already over.

actually I saw that. haha

I voted Peters in. I may not like him as a person but he's a hell of a player.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X