PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations! Jason Peters

Mahdi
12-19-2008, 05:18 PM
I dont know about anyone else but I think congratulations is in order for Jason Peters.

Everyone seems to be dumping on him for whatever comments that I see as normal and for a few bad plays this season.

What a lot of us seem to forget is that Peters dominates EVERY opponent on 95% of his plays. Our OL was a joke before he moved to LT.

I congratulate Peters for not only making it to the Pro Bowl 2 years in a row but also for going from an undrafted TE to a Pro Bowl LT and earning the respect of coaches and opponents all over the league.

Funny how we complain about the fact that this team is void of talent and impact players and we dump on the only Pro-Bowler on our team. Im glad he's on our team and there are 31 other fan bases that would love to have Peters. Pay the man and lets bring in some more players that play at his level.

jimbohastle51
12-19-2008, 05:22 PM
you arnt lying. even teams like seattle with aging pro bowl LT's would love to get him from us to have for the next 12 years. there is not a team in the league that wouldnt give us anything for him other than than the browns, and the dolphins (they both have young stud LT's)

Lefty2985
12-19-2008, 07:16 PM
good for him. i love his comments about running the football at the end of the game though. at least he will say it noone else did.

Throne Logic
12-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry, but he really did not impress me this year. His play was inconsistent. He was beaten an number of times on pass blocking. Peters was responsible for some really badly timed penalties that killed drives. He clearly underachieved from what I saw.

I just didn't think that he was pro-bowl quality this year. He's in because no one really pays much attention to lineman and their reputation tends to carry them in.