PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills got Peppers & Haynesworth.....

Mitchy moo
12-19-2008, 10:29 PM
However unlikely this seems, RW did pay a huge chunk of change last year or so to try and bolster the lines. Instead of completely starting over with another ******ed, half-witted headcoach that's willing to take $1 M a year, let's get us some real Defensive beef to force all of our opponents to suffer on offense. Peppers & Haynesworth are available, let's go get em'.

Peppers, Schobel, Stroud would make a difference.

Mitchell55
12-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but our defense isnt the reason we lost 8 games. Its actually the reason why we won 6 and came close in 7.

Mitchy moo
12-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, but our defense isnt the reason we lost 8 games. Its actually the reason why we won 6 and came close in 7.

Solidifying our d can only help the team. During our best years, Kelly had his off games & our d pulled us through.

gil
12-19-2008, 10:55 PM

It hasn't helped that they don't even sniff the QB most games and don't generate many turnovers.

While I think Skooby has been breathing paint fumes again as far as it relates to the possibility of getting Haynesworth and Peppers, I watch a fair amount of steelers games and their offensive ineptitude is more than made up for with an awesome D and I think some of that absolutely couldn't hurt to have.

Of course, their offensive playcalling also at least makes sense even if the stuff they try doesn't work 70% of the time.

OpIv37
12-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Skoobs, have you been sniffing glue?

We won't get one of those players, let alone both.

But even if we could, I wouldn't want to because it would limit our ability to do anything about the O. While the D needs some upgrades, at least they're average. The O is just sad. We need a quality C, a real NFL TE, possibly a #2 WR and arguably a G. Without the C and TE, this offense will continue to be anemic.

hammerbillsfan
12-19-2008, 11:45 PM
:crazy: lay down the crack pipe :skooby:

Ebenezer
12-20-2008, 12:04 AM
IF the Bills had all four on the line they would still find a way to screw it up.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Get Peppers and Dansby, not Peppers and Haynesworth. If you get Peppers and Dansby, we can put our entire draft into offense.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2008, 12:26 AM
BTW, Russ Brandon if you're out there... <--- My ideas are straight up gold.

jamze132
12-20-2008, 05:12 AM
However unlikely this seems, RW did pay a huge chunk of change last year or so to try and bolster the lines. Instead of completely starting over with another ******ed, half-witted headcoach that's willing to take $1 M a year, let's get us some real Defensive beef to force all of our opponents to suffer on offense. Peppers & Haynesworth are available, let's go get em'.

Peppers, Schobel, Stroud would make a difference.
Mitchel59, that you?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-20-2008, 05:55 AM
why would they even want to come here?

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 06:30 AM
why would they even want to come here?

$. Walker came in from California & got paid.

don137
12-20-2008, 06:55 AM
I know you guys probably think I am crazy but I am not a huge fan of Peppers. He has been known to take plays off. He has so much athletic talent but because his heart appears to be only half into it he disappoints. He also lacks great leadership. I worry he will dissappoint anyone that signs with and is actually a very risky signing in terms of the money he will command.

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2008, 07:03 AM
$. Dockery came in from California & got paid.Redskins.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Redskins.

Walker, my bad. It's early and I need blood, flowing to my brain.

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 07:50 AM

its a big reason why we lost some of those 8... bend don't break cover 2 sucks with no pass rush from the front 4... QB's have all day to pass, and good O's expose our D regualarly.

We need qa much better pass rush having 4 DL is useless if the only wayyou get QB pressure is with blitz schemes

yordad
12-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Haynesworth will be out of our price range. He is about to be the highest paid guy in league history. We have Stroud so our money could be better spent.

Isn't Peppers likely to be franchised? If not, I would make him a #1 priority. If you could somehow add Peppers, and upgrade center and maybe safety, then we would be in great shape entering the draft.