PDA

View Full Version : Darcy the Psychic!!

BuffaloRanger
12-20-2008, 04:59 AM
Source: Buffalo News
Jul. 4, 2008
Maxim Afinogenov remains on the Sabres trading block.

"While the speedster only scored 10 goals in 56 games last season, GM Darcy Regier believes he will bounce back this year. "He’s not going to score 10 goals next year. Whether it’s here or not, he’s here right now, he certainly is going to get back on track," Regier said. Afinogenov fell out of favor with coach Lindy Ruff last season and was even a healthy scratch for a few games."

Darcy is spot on! Max is on pace for less than 5...

It's unfortunate that Darcy refused to trade him at the deadline and then at the draft because teams weren't offering what he felt Max was worth.

Now he's worth absolutely nothing.

What GM could trade anything of value for Max? A player with 1 goal and 9 assists in 28 games. 2 goals in his last 48 games going back to last season.

There is no way a GM could make that trade and be able to "sell it" to the fans as a good thing.

I don't hate Max. I feel sorry for him. I have reached the point that I would rather see rookies from Portland in the lineup over him. At least they would be developing into something.

Addition by Subtraction.

BlackMetalNinja
12-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Trust me, you are preaching to the choir in here...

clumping platelets
12-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Let Max Go!!!

Ebenezer
12-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Nobody will disagree.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Max is still the most exciting, electrifying non-contributing player in hockey. I love watching him skate like the wind, fake out the whole other team, and produce nothing. His lack of any positive kind of influence is breathtaking.

Billscusey
12-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it really is surprising that he produces so little, despite the "talent" he displays on the ice. He's a great hotshot, but he really needs to learn how to pass.

JD
12-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Jan, you forgot to mention his ability to do the blue-line dance.. causing his teammates to jump offsides!