PDA

View Full Version : Peters needs to get paid.......

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
We need to raise his salary and eliminate any potential for a holdout to start next year. His selfish act combined with the lines inability to completely gel F-ed up this entire season. Trent got his head knocked and obviously any QB would stand a chance of getting hurt back there as well.

Stop the madness and pay our current probowler a probowl salary, please.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 08:32 AM
We need to raise his salary and eliminate any potential for a holdout to start next year. His selfish act combined with the lines inability to completely gel F-ed up this entire season. Trent got his head knocked and obviously any QB would stand a chance of getting hurt back there as well.

The first 5 games showed the Bills could play without Peters. Walker and Chambers can get the job done. I say trade Peters. The Bills need more than just a T to be competative.

If they could get Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd round pick, I would jump on it. It would solve the Bills WR position and give them a high 2nd round pick they could use on the D-line, TE, or LB.

Night Train
12-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Don't we all ?

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 09:15 AM
We shouldn't bother to draft players anymore because when we do get someone that's actually decent we deem them as not worth the price.

This board should be ashamed of themselevs because we watched for years as our o-line just plain sucked. Does everyone remember the Pittsburgh game when our lines couldn't handle Pittsburgh's 2nd string lines???

We finally have a line, biggest in the league, that we can build with, and our answer is to trade Peters....nice.

Enjoy being bottom dwellars.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 09:34 AM
We shouldn't bother to draft players anymore because when we do get someone that's actually decent we deem them as not worth the price.

This board should be ashamed of themselevs because we watched for years as our o-line just plain sucked. Does everyone remember the Pittsburgh game when our lines couldn't handle Pittsburgh's 2nd string lines???

We finally have a line, biggest in the league, that we can build with, and our answer is to trade Peters....nice.

Enjoy being bottom dwellars.

Without Peters/with Peters playing bad: Bills 5-1
With Peters playing well: Bills 1-7

The line would not have that much of a drop off without Peters. We need to upgrade more important areas. You have to give to recieve.

3 problems solved: Got rid of a disgrunted employee, upgraded the WR position, and upgraded either the D-line or LB position.

As far as being bottom dwellers, Peters is part of the bottom dwellars. Obvioulsy he's not keeping us from the bottom. By getting rid of him he may well help get us off the bottom.

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 09:37 AM
We cannot afford not to pay Peters this year.. a Stud LT is the cornerstone of all great OL's... the fact he made the probowl, wether he deserved it or not, is going to guarente him a top 5 LT payday.

I just wish Peters would shut his yap and let the season end 1st.

The Bills did say they would negotiate with him after the season, but if this drags on like Evans contract dragged on then you might as well trade him because, unlike Evans, Peters will turn this into a circus

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 09:42 AM
We cannot afford not to pay Peters this year.. a Stud LT is the cornerstone of all great OL's... the fact he made the probowl, wether he deserved it or not, is going to guarente him a top 5 LT payday.

I just wish Peters would shut his yap and let the season end 1st.

The Bills did say they would negotiate with him after the season, but if this drags on like Evans contract dragged on then you might as well trade him because, unlike Evans, Peters will turn this into a circus

My guess is he would have been cheaper last year when we were proving our point.

The Bills holding their ground always works out well. That Crowell thing worked out well didn't it?

acehole
12-20-2008, 09:53 AM

Indeed......but the signature will not say RWJ.

clumping platelets
12-20-2008, 09:57 AM
He doesn't deserve a raise

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:06 AM
He doesn't deserve a raise

I can't wait to watch his replacement.

Everyone *****es about Dockery but he still 10X better than what we had.

He makes half of Dockery but we shouldn't pay him. Okay that makes sense.

Mahdi
12-20-2008, 10:10 AM
The first 5 games showed the Bills could play without Peters. Walker and Chambers can get the job done. I say trade Peters. The Bills need more than just a T to be competative.

If they could get Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd round pick, I would jump on it. It would solve the Bills WR position and give them a high 2nd round pick they could use on the D-line, TE, or LB.
LLOLOLOL.... Chambers ... WOW. no comment.

Mahdi
12-20-2008, 10:11 AM

The line would not have that much of a drop off without Peters. We need to upgrade more important areas. You have to give to recieve.

3 problems solved: Got rid of a disgrunted employee, upgraded the WR position, and upgraded either the D-line or LB position.

As far as being bottom dwellers, Peters is part of the bottom dwellars. Obvioulsy he's not keeping us from the bottom. By getting rid of him he may well help get us off the bottom.
I'll remind you that in that stretch of losses our QBs have had an average of 5 seconds to throw per attempt. If we had any competency or consistency at QB they would have thrown for 350 yards a game.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Yeah, let's trade ML and all of our talent as well.

X-Era
12-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Right, lets get rid of our best LT.... maybe ever, for a head case and a draft pick because we wont pay him what hes worth.

I can understand why we wont pay him, we don't have the cap room... ohh wait. :rolleyes:

Kenny
12-20-2008, 01:35 PM

are you ******ed? You want to trade away arguably the best player on this team?

We beat up on some of the crappiest teams in the league during that 'winning' streak. Once we faced some real competition, the line was least of the offenses problem.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 03:56 PM
are you ******ed? You want to trade away arguably the best player on this team?

Once we faced some real competition, the line was least of the offenses problem.

Is he getting us to the playoffs? Or even a .500 record?

We would be more competitive in 2009 by getting a #1 WR and early 2nd round pick for Peters.

X-Era
12-20-2008, 03:58 PM

We would be more competitive in 2009 by getting a #1 WR and early 2nd round pick for Peters.

But Chad Johnson would get us to the playoffs? :rolleyes: hes not even the best WR on his team this year.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM

The blindside rusher will see that the "new" #1 receiver rarely gets the ball.

We need to have the O-line gel and use their massive weight to get it done.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 04:25 PM
But Chad Johnson would get us to the playoffs? :rolleyes: hes not even the best WR on his team this year.

Does he have a QB in Cincy?

That would be also why the Bills would get Cincy 2nd round pick besides getting Chad.

Chad missed one game and he only has 3 less Rec. than the Bills leading receiver and had 1 more TD than the Bills leader.

Chad+Cincy 2nd round pick >>>> Peters

But hey, you guys can enjoy the Bills All-Pro LT and enjoy last place.

Kenny
12-20-2008, 05:43 PM

That would be also why the Bills would get Cincy 2nd round pick besides getting Chad.

Chad missed one game and he only has 3 less Rec. than the Bills leading receiver and had 1 more TD than the Bills leader.

Will he have a QB in Buffalo?

If you were suggesting Peters for Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson, then sure (now Im sounding like that kid on this board who thinks this is Madden)... but I wouldnt even take a first & Oncho for Peters... just not a fair trade.

Star LT's (or QBs or DEs) are just much more valuable than similarly talented WRs. Especially in an environment like Buffalo, -we need to get the run game going before thinking about any aerial attackes.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
If you were suggesting Peters for Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson, then sure (now Im sounding like that kid on this board who thinks this is Madden)... but I wouldnt even take a first & Oncho for Peters... just not a fair trade.

I just used Cincy as an example. Cincy probably will dump Chad plus their 2nd round pick is going to be high (36th).

The Bills could fill alot of holes getting Chad and having the 12th, 36th, and 44th pick in the draft.

X-Era
12-20-2008, 07:24 PM

OK, I will take last place rather than add a head case and lose our best LT ever.

Ill take it.

Id rather pay him the damn money he obviously deserves and lock up a major part of the offense for years.

Maybe we should then spend actual money and sign Houshmazilly who is better than Johnson at this point anyways and doesnt have the attitude.

We wont mind you, but this is what real teams with real owners do.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 08:08 PM
We wont mind you, but this is what real teams with real owners do.

Real teams get playmakers and not Tackles. But that's why Buffalo will continue to enjoy last place. At least you'll be able to say we have a pro-bowl tackle.

clumping platelets
12-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Peters is not a Pro Bowl tackle. Other players in the league colluded to bolster his case for a raise.