PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown comfirms no Suggs, Haynesworth, or Greer...

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Chris Brown has already eliminated these discussions in his blog so stopping posting them.

Chambers and Preston most likely to be resigned with Chambers at a slight risk if Bell keeps developing.

Center sounds like a high priority followed by DE.

The fact that LT isn't mentioned leads me to believe that the Bills are going to address Peters contract.

MikeInRoch
12-20-2008, 10:51 AM
A lot can happen between now and the start of free agency...

Jan Reimers
12-20-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't see Chris Brown as the all-knowing Oracle of One Bills Drive, although he will probably prove right on most of this stuff.

yordad
12-20-2008, 10:53 AM
I didn't realize Chris Brown called the shots.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I didn't realize Chris Brown called the shots.

The fact that he was so decisive about Suggs and Haynesworth tells me the organization has already spoken on the subject.

I'm willing to bet real $$$ that neither player shows up here. Like to take that bet? My confidence is at 100%.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2008, 11:01 AM
The fact that he was so decisive about Suggs and Haynesworth tells me the organization has already spoken on the subject.

I'm willing to bet real $$$ that neither player shows up here. Like to take that bet? My confidence is at 100%.
I agree there, and what he says about Greer makes sense. But I wouldn't bet the ranch that Greer will be gone.

yordad
12-20-2008, 11:05 AM

I'm willing to bet real $$$ that neither player shows up here. Like to take that bet? My confidence is at 100%.LOL, why would anyone bet that we would actually sign one of those guys? I will bet we don't too, but that doesn't make it impossible.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't see Chris Brown as the all-knowing Oracle of One Bills Drive, although he will probably prove right on most of this stuff.

Ask him if we are getting any compensatory draft picks, LOL.

clumping platelets
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
We aren't

billogic99
12-20-2008, 11:33 AM

I think based on the histroy of this organization, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the two most likely highest paid FA on the market won't be visiting the Bills. Heck I could have made that statement with just as much credibility.

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 11:42 AM
We won't be in the DT market this offseason... We all knew that. We all KNOW that DE and Center are the 2 positions we should apply a priority on... BUT isn't Suggs an OLB/DE ??

What are our other DE options besides Salt and Peppers

Greer IMO should be an easy affordable sign, andf they should attempt to resign him

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I think based on the histroy of this organization, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the two most likely highest paid FA on the market won't be visiting the Bills. Heck I could have made that statement with just as much credibility.

We are about to have one of the highest paid LT's in the game, and Haynesworth is a bank breaker. The Bills need one of the best DE's on the market if not 2, and they should draft the best DE they can as well at #1...

SO without bashing the Bills as cheap, there is a logical reason why we will not be pursuing Haynesworth

Pinkerton Security
12-20-2008, 11:49 AM
link?

Edit: nevermind.

Lexwhat
12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
DT is not a glaring need for this team. Unless we cut Schobel and Kelsey (and keep Denney), it doesn't make any sense to sign Haynesworth.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to the above plan if we drafted a DE in the 1st Round. But it's a "Madden" plan. Won't happen in reality.

streetkings01
12-20-2008, 12:18 PM
We won't be in the DT market this offseason... We all knew that. We all KNOW that DE and Center are the 2 positions we should apply a priority on... BUT isn't Suggs an OLB/DE ??

What are our other DE options besides Salt and Peppers

Greer IMO should be an easy affordable sign, andf they should attempt to resign himGreer wil get a nice contract in FA....corners are in high demand and Greer is a starting corner that can play man and zone.....he will get between 5-7 mill per season.

X-Era
12-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Chris Brown has already eliminated these discussions in his blog so stopping posting them.

Chambers and Preston most likely to be resigned with Chambers at a slight risk if Bell keeps developing.

Center sounds like a high priority followed by DE.

The fact that LT isn't mentioned leads me to believe that the Bills are going to address Peters contract.

What Chris Brown thinks and what the Bills do is not always the same.

But I will say this, if they dont make significant upgrades on talent or on coaching, we are in for years more m ediocrity.

But many of us know thats pretty much a foregone conclusion. :tap:

X-Era
12-20-2008, 12:58 PM

You would most likely win... nice job :rolleyes:

Bill Brasky
12-20-2008, 02:26 PM
perhaps they will extend kyle williams and robert royal to 5 year, 25 million dollar deals. that should shore up most of this franchises problems.

patmoran2006
12-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Ralph Wilson doesnt even know if he's going to wake up tomorrow, let alone what he's doing come march.. come on your better than that.. This is a terrible post.

Ebenezer
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
If it is true that the FO has decided on passing on these three then doesn't that imply that the FO is coming back as is?

jimbohastle51
12-20-2008, 03:28 PM
biggest signing this offseason will be peters extension you can lock that up. but everyone should be expecting that anyways. matt birk is going to be the teams top free agent. he is an all pro center that will only command a 2-3 year contract (because of his age) and then we can draft a Center to learn undernearth him. i think our other 3 top priorities TE, OLB, DE will be handled in the draft. there really is no great TE available in free agency this year and same with DE unless we go after bertrand berry. but all the LBs on the free agent market are all going to command TOP dollar, and we arnt paying them that, we already have poz and mitchell and will draft our 3rd starter. (everyone should remember this is really poz's first year and he is going to be well over 100 tackles and is in the top 10 in tackles for linebackers and jauron and fewell dont want him to rush the QB, he is a run stopper and coverage linebacker like urlacker, poz has been solid all year) also there is no way we get a DT after making the trade for stroud and signing spencer johnson and extending kyle williams (we are full at DT unless maybe a late round draft pick) i think basically our off season will be....

Free Agency-
matt birk (we will go after him hard!!!)

Draft-
1st: LB (manuluga, larunitis, or spikes)
2nd: DE (best available)
3rd: TE or Center
4th: TE or Center
5th: OL
6th: DT
7th: WR (or a different special teams player since steve johnson will probably be more just a reciever next year and not on teams as much)

Jan Reimers
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM
If it is true that the FO has decided on passing on these three then doesn't that imply that the FO is coming back as is?
Not necessarily. Ralph is probably just leaving "To Whom it May Concern" memos to their successors.

Ebenezer
12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Not necessarily. Ralph is probably just leaving "To Whom it May Concern" memos to their successors.
:ill:

colin
12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
THEY DIDN'T ELIMINATE PEPPERS, THE GUY WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IN 02!!

if peppers is a bill i will be kicking people in the chest for a month.

Hamilton Billsfan
12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
We aren't

Respectfully clump:urock: , I see things a bit differently, our comp eligible FAs last year that signed elsewhere are;

Gaines TE (Det)
Stammer LB (Tenn)
Webster CB (NE)
Aiken WR (NE)
Haggan LB (Den)

and possibly,

Leonhard SS (Bal)

Each of these players contributed to their newly signed teams more or less. the comp eligible FAs that we signed are;

Mitchell LB
Johnson DT
James CB

James was cut before the beginning of the season and has not made any contribution and should not count against us within the convoluted formula used to determine compensation. The 5-6 FAs we lost to the 2-3 that we signed should entitle the Bills to a couple 6th to 7th round picks.:pray:

TigerJ
12-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Greer IMO should be an easy affordable sign, andf they should attempt to resign him
Brown thinks Greer is going to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 million in free agency. That's pretty rich for Buffalo's blood considering they spent a first round pick on McKelvin. I think they would have to be convinced that McKelvin is a certain bust to offer that kind of money to Greer.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Brown thinks Greer is going to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 million in free agency. That's pretty rich for Buffalo's blood considering they spent a first round pick on McKelvin. I think they would have to be convinced that McKelvin is a certain bust to offer that kind of money to Greer.

Fantasy money at best, more like $5.5 M at best.

tat2dmike77
12-20-2008, 11:26 PM
When did Chris Brown get the GM position :idunno:

tat2dmike77
12-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Draft-
1st: LB (manuluga, larunitis, or spikes)
2nd: DE (best available)
3rd: TE or Center
4th: TE or Center
5th: OL
6th: DT
7th: WR (or a different special teams player since steve johnson will probably be more just a reciever next year and not on teams as much)

Flip those two. The Bills should draft a DE say Tyson Jackson (one of the bright spots on LSU this year) He will add a pass rush to our line and could make Aaron Schobel look like a real DE. I have no problem with Mitchell and Poz a DE is more of a pressing need then LB right now. But what do i know? These morons will most likely draft a DB as usual.

jamze132
12-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Flip those two. The Bills should draft a DE say Tyson Jackson (one of the bright spots on LSU this year) He will add a pass rush to our line and could make Aaron Schobel look like a real DE. I have no problem with Mitchell and Poz a DE is more of a pressing need then LB right now. But what do i know? These morons will most likely draft a DB as usual.
I'm not a huge fan of Mitchel. The guy is always out of position and the plays he actually makes aren't worth the other 100 that he screws up on. The guy is over-rated big time.

tat2dmike77
12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
I still say a DE like Tyson Jackson would do wonders for our d-line

PECKERWOOD
12-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Sign Peters and Dansby and I consider it a successfull offseason. If you bring in a good veteran DE, I would be euphoric. A guy like Andre Carter would really help this team out.

jimbohastle51
12-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Sign Peters and Dansby and I consider it a successfull offseason. If you bring in a good veteran DE, I would be euphoric. A guy like Andre Carter would really help this team out.

funny you should bring dansby up because not only is he an unrestricted free agent after the season but he is also a LB that can play all 3 LB positions at a high level and is a fast smart linebacker that would fit our system well. he will be expensive and we ARE going to have to give peters an extension this off season but he would be cheaper than suggs, and bart scott (the other top LB free agents) and if we could only fit 3 free agent signing in on the pay roll i would be for that. sign dansby and birk, and exent peters. that would be an awesome off season up till the draft. i really think birk is our main man this offseason i think that we will have him signed before the first day of free agency is done. minnisota cant afford him with how expensive there line is now so i am positive he will be ours. i really dont see a TE in free agency worth millions.. not when we have 2 home grown guys in schouman and fine and can draft another one at the draft so i am pretty sure you can count TE out on the free agent front unless it is just a camp body like teyo johnson was.

ddaryl
12-21-2008, 10:45 AM
.....he will get between 5-7 mill per season.

No he won't... He'll be lucky to get 1/2 that IMHO... but we'll have ot wait and see.