PDA

View Full Version : I might believe in Edwards but...

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:52 AM
I might believe that Edwards is going to be a good QB for us but there is no doubt that he needs to play well the last two weeks.

I hate to see any player under this type of pressure already at this point in his career but he needs to play well.

He also needs to finish the year with more TDs than INTs. I think he's 10-10 on the year so even though it's psychological for players, coaches, and fans it definately matters going into the offseason.

The team needs to know the QB is at least stable for 2009.

mybills
12-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, if he really was "above average", he wouldn't be under so much pressure.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
I think we would all feel better if he had a couple of good games, particularly since he was struggling (except for KC) before the groin injury.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:59 AM

Posts like this crack me up. He's played 16 complete games. That's it. He's 9-7 in those games. He's under pressure because this team sucks and is looking for answers everywhere.

yordad
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Posts like this crack me up. He's played 16 complete games. That's it. He's 9-7 in those games. He's under pressure because this team sucks and is looking for answers everywhere.He sucked too man.

mybills
12-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Posts like this crack me up. He's played 16 complete games. That's it. He's 9-7 in those games.
Is that really above average, considering how many teams are crappier?

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 11:33 AM

you cna't be serious, but I believe you are..

do some research on what the average starting QB does in his 1st 2 years in the league... then figure in a very nasty concussion, a key WR going down for significant time, and the injuries that have plagued the entire team.

Edwards still has some question marks, like staying healthy, and playing in bad weather, but he is still better then average in many of the games he has played..

mybills
12-20-2008, 12:03 PM
It's been so long since Jim Kelly, that I understand people forgetting what above average is. :up: