My 2 biggest surprises this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

My 2 biggest surprises this year

Spencer Johnson and Bryan Scott.

Spenc- He had 2 sacks this year and hes last on our Depth chart at DT and DE. Hes come in and played very well and made a few 3rd down stops.

Scott- ****in 53 tackles this year. He didnt even start till mid way through the season. He also shut down Antonio Gates and has made countless 3rd down stops just like Spence. Hes also had a sack and a INT. By far our best DB.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: My 2 biggest surprises this year

Originally posted by Mitchell59

Spenc- He had 2 sacks this year and hes last on our Depth chart at DT and DE. Hes come in and played very well and made a few 3rd down stops.

Scott- ****in 53 tackles this year. He didnt even start till mid way through the season. He also shut down Antonio Gates and has made countless 3rd down stops just like Spence. Hes also had a sack and a INT. By far our best DB.
    OK, thats one way of looking at it.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

By far our best DB.
      Well, I think thats a bit overboard, but he has been a pleasant surprise. Over the next couple of weeks he can help us decide weather he is a long term safety answer, or if we have another glaring need. Simpson sucks.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchell55
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by yordad
        Well, I think thats a bit overboard, but he has been a pleasant surprise. Over the next couple of weeks he can help us decide weather he is a long term safety answer, or if we have another glaring need. Simpson sucks.

McGees been burned all year, youboty was injured, Greer has looked great and horrible at times, Whitner is ok, then you have Scott who has covered the best TEs this year and shut most of them down.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I was really happy with Youboty before he got hurt.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

how bout probably losing 9 of your last 10??

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
              how bout probably losing 9 of your last 10??

Forgot to add players at the end of the thread title.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

McGees been burned all year
                Besides the first Dolphin's game, when we did he get burned? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm actually curious.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by cocamide
                  Besides the first Dolphin's game, when we did he get burned? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm actually curious.

I used the wrong words. Hes been out of position all year. Every time the balls in the air (see jets game) he always seems to play the man instead of the ball. Ive seen him let the reciever catch it instead of trying to intercept it.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

LT and RT are 2 very solid positions on the team, IMO. Butler and Dockery are serviceable and Dockery has showed flashes that he can turn the corner and join the upper echeleon of LG's.. Other than some key positions on OL, I would say that Marcus Stroud has become one of my favorite players to watch on defense. Even when he doesn't get a sack or stuff the run, you can still see that he is barelling ahead, I like watching him play.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

Bryan Scott was definitely one of the best defensive players this year, especially against the run.

Comment

Working...
                      X