PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best available soon-to-be FA cover 2 OLB?

yordad
12-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Is it my imagination or is it Crowell?

X-Era
12-20-2008, 03:49 PM

No, thats probably right.

DraftBoy
12-20-2008, 05:05 PM
He or Dansby

bleve
12-20-2008, 05:31 PM
If he's a good cover two OLB, then we don't need him.

We play the Cover Who?

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Hopefully we have a new coach, with new schemes in here, so we won't be looking for a Cover 2 LB.

Hamilton Billsfan
12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy if we re-signed him as long as he's healthy.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Dansby is the man, he is the leader of Arizona's defense and I would expect him to bring a powerful presence to our defense. Plus, he is a big boy. We need to start bringing some players on to our defense who can dominate people physically.

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy if we re-signed him as long as he's healthy.

He can't stay healthy that's the problem. He won't be that hard to replace, and we have to LB's on IR that we missed this year besides Crowell

X-Era
12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Dansby is the man, he is the leader of Arizona's defense and I would expect him to bring a powerful presence to our defense. Plus, he is a big boy. We need to start bringing some players on to our defense who can dominate people physically.

I watched him this year as much as I could and I am not impressed.

We need LB's that play like their hair is on fire. Dansby takes plays off, and he wont get in on plays that he thinks are basically over.

He doesnt show the heart that we need to see.

I think hes overhyped.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I watched him this year as much as I could and I am not impressed.

We need LB's that play like their hair is on fire. Dansby takes plays off, and he wont get in on plays that he thinks are basically over.

He doesnt show the heart that we need to see.

I think hes overhyped.

I think he is a good player, I've watched him before and he sure did a good job against us when we played Arizona this year.. Imagine signing Dansby and bringing Crowell back. Dansby, Posluszny, Crowell, that's a LB core that is not to be ****ed with.

Scumbag College
12-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Bring him in!

jamze132
12-20-2008, 11:54 PM
I think we should scrap the Cover 2 crap altogether. We don't have the players necessary to make it work consistently and we never will in Buffalo. If I were a coach, I would tell Fewell, switch it to a 3-4. Actually I wouldn't because I would have fired his ass...

yordad
12-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Then why don't we transition tag him?

life of faith
12-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I think we should scrap the Cover 2 crap altogether. We don't have the players necessary to make it work consistently and we never will in Buffalo. If I were a coach, I would tell Fewell, switch it to a 3-4. Actually I wouldn't because I would have fired his ass...

Our DE's are not big enough to run a 3-4. That would just be a huge disaster. We would never get pressure on the qb unless we brougt in Ray Lewis.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
I dont like the idea of signing a LB for big money. If we can just get some pass rushers in here our LBs will look a heck of a lot better. IMO draft an OLB in the 3rd or 4th that fits our scheme and let him compete with Ellison, Bowen and Digi.

We need to focus on the OL and DL. If we can get Birk in FA I would be siked. Then we can draft a DE and TE with our first 2 picks. Or sign a FA TE which is more of a need than a OLB.

patmoran2006
12-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I dont like the idea of signing a LB for big money. If we can just get some pass rushers in here our LBs will look a heck of a lot better. IMO draft an OLB in the 3rd or 4th that fits our scheme and let him compete with Ellison, Bowen and Digi.

We need to focus on the OL and DL. If we can get Birk in FA I would be siked. Then we can draft a DE and TE with our first 2 picks. Or sign a FA TE which is more of a need than a OLB.
Why not?
Look at Pittsburgh and Miami with Porter and Harrison, respectively? D. Ware is probably the Defensive POY in Dallas.

We need a dominating LB who can change games with sacks and forced fumbles.

Our LB's suck **** when it comes to making significant plays.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Why not?
Look at Pittsburgh and Miami with Porter and Harrison, respectively? D. Ware is probably the Defensive POY in Dallas.

We need a dominating LB who can change games with sacks and forced fumbles.

Our LB's suck **** when it comes to making significant plays.
Thats an OLB in a 3-4, which is equivalent to a DE in a 4-3. Common Pat you know football a bit better than that. Your idea is right though, we need a pass rusher and in our scheme that is at the DE position.

madness
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
LB should be the last postion we try to address through FA. It seems the majority of teams (good and bad) have LB's starting either straight out of the draft within the first couple of years.

Center should be the first priority with DE not far behind.

gr8slayer
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
The best C2 OLB available is already on the team.... Angelo Crowell.

Owen DeBoard
12-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I think he is a good player, I've watched him before and he sure did a good job against us when we played Arizona this year.. Imagine signing Dansby and bringing Crowell back. Dansby, Posluszny, Crowell, that's a LB core that is not to be ****ed with.
I would love to have Crowell back but thats not goin to happen with the **** this team pulled with puttin him on IR.

ddaryl
12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
If our LB's can stay healthy we are in much better postion depth wise. We can definitely use a starter upgrade over Ellison, but we also have Digi and Bowen on IR ... we don't know what we really have in Bowen yet.

Crowell just can not stay healthy and wouldn't be worth keeping.

jamze132
12-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Our DE's are not big enough to run a 3-4. That would just be a huge disaster. We would never get pressure on the qb unless we brougt in Ray Lewis.
Our DEs aren't big enough? Granted they suck enough but I think they are big enough...

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 07:43 AM
If our LB's can stay healthy we are in much better postion depth wise. We can definitely use a starter upgrade over Ellison, but we also have Digi and Bowen on IR ... we don't know what we really have in Bowen yet.

Crowell started all 16 games last year, started 12 games in 2006, started 15 games in 2007, and would have started 12 this year if the FO wasnt so ****ing stupid by puttin him on IR. I wouldnt say his health is the problem I would say this FO doesnt want to shell out the money.

mysticsoto
12-22-2008, 07:48 AM

Don't forget Marcus Buggs who also looked good.

mysticsoto
12-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Our DEs aren't big enough? Granted they suck enough but I think they are big enough...

They're not athletic enough. Denney was on the floor all day yesterday. He knew what to do, but wasn't fast enough to contain a side and wasn't athletic enough to turn with his hips and run a guy down. A Giants Dline would probably have shut out Denver!

Tatonka
12-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I would love to have Crowell back but thats not goin to happen with the **** this team pulled with puttin him on IR.

exactly. and to talk like it is even a possibility to have crowell come back is just a waste of time.

colin
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
i think a rook lb might be the answer.

we will have a shot at some real studs.

yordad
12-22-2008, 08:49 AM
exactly. and to talk like it is even a possibility to have crowell come back is just a waste of time.Why would signing our own FA, one who fits our scheme better then any available, one who adds more value to us then any other team, be impossible?

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Why would signing our own FA, one who fits our scheme better then any available, one who adds more value to us then any other team, be impossible?

Because we basically acted like a psycho ex-girlfriend he just broke up with and acted immature and IR'd him when he could be playing for us right now.

jamze132
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
They're not athletic enough. Denney was on the floor all day yesterday. He knew what to do, but wasn't fast enough to contain a side and wasn't athletic enough to turn with his hips and run a guy down. A Giants Dline would probably have shut out Denver!
Which is pretty much what I said, they suck.

yordad
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Because we basically acted like a psycho ex-girlfriend he just broke up with and acted immature and IR'd him when he could be playing for us right now.Well, let's act like a possessive girlfriend too. Transition tag him!

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Why would signing our own FA, one who fits our scheme better then any available, one who adds more value to us then any other team, be impossible?
They already made up their mind that they were gonna let him test free agency after this year because they wanted to extend Evans and Peters first. Im almost wondering if they put him on IR so that he couldnt have a breakout season and make his value go up. He has been a very consistent LB the past couple of years.

madness
12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Because we basically acted like a psycho ex-girlfriend he just broke up with and acted immature and IR'd him when he could be playing for us right now.

Probably not. I just read an FA article this weekend stating he wouldn't be fully recovered from surgery until mid Jan.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Probably not. I just read an FA article this weekend stating he wouldn't be fully recovered from surgery until mid Jan.

Link?

Intially it was a 6 week timetable when he first had the surgery.

madness
12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Link?

Intially it was a 6 week timetable when he first had the surgery.

I'll try to dig it up. Hopefully I can remember what computer/media device I was on. ----> :geek:

CB also touched on the subject in his gameday blog which surprised me since it was still fresh in my mind.

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname viewer_text" noWrap>4:36

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext viewer_text viewer_text_size">[Comment From Robb]
What do you think REALLY happened with Angelo Crowell?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname altcaster_text" noWrap>4:38

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size">Chris Brown: He has a serious knee injury and is not expected to be fully healed until mid-January at the earliest. WHEN the decision was made to have surgery was the issue.

http://www.buffalobills.com/fans/liveblog.html

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

madness
12-29-2008, 11:09 AM
I never found that article again but CB touched the subject once again. He ended up having microfracture surgery on his knee. There was absolutely no way he would have came back. In an ideal situation for a non-athlete, recovery time is estimated around 4 months.

Hi Chris,
I understand that Angelo Crowell was placed on I-R when it was believed he was going to have knee-scoping surgery done during the preseason. Then I understand he elected not to take the surgery. Has anything happened since then? I know he’s going to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and will probably sign with a new team, but wouldn’t this inaction only prolong his recovery/healing time?
Thanks!
Vinny Lauricella
CB: Angelo did undergo surgery and the last I heard was to be recovered by mid-January. So for those that thought his injury was not serious, it was. He had microfracture surgery on his knee. Last word was that he was rehabbing in Florida. As for his future I think he will have to prove to a team that he is healthy and can play up to the standard he set with his performance over the first six years of his career. I wish him luck. He gave a lot to this team in his time here. Unfortunately I don’t anticipate him being re-signed by Buffalo.

yordad
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
I never found that article again but CB touched the subject once again. He ended up having microfracture surgery on his knee. There was absolutely no way he would have came back. In an ideal situation for a non-athlete, recovery time is estimated around 4 months.OK, plenty of time for '09.