PDA

View Full Version : Out of the playoff hunt, the Buffalo Bills rally around coach Jauron

shelby
12-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Buffalo Bills fans have spoken loudly and have made their feelings concerning coach Dick Jauron abundantly clear: The overwhelming sentiment is they want him jettisoned as soon as the season ends next week.
Inside the cavernous fieldhouse on One Bills Drive, there is a completely different opinion on what should happen to Jauron when the Bills finish playing the string out — today in frigid Denver, and next Sunday at home against the hated New England Patriots.
"I sent a text message to him earlier in the week that said that I've never respected a person more," quarterback Trent Edwards revealed the other day. "I love him to death, I love coming to work for him every day, and I'm just happy that these two years in the league, I've been able to have a boss like that."
Before anyone suspects that Edwards may have gotten overly caught up in the joyous Christmas season, or that maybe his first batch of eggnog was spiked, consider this: He's not alone in his high regard for Jauron.
By and large the Bills have a profound respect for their embattled head coach, and to a man they hope the rumors are true that he has signed a three-year contract extension, and if it's true, they hope owner Ralph Wilson honors the agreement.
"It is a business and people want fast results and having a six-win season people are obviously asking questions, but they don't see the man day to day," said cornerback Jabari Greer.
"This man, he has been a true leader for us. I think our record doesn't indicate the type of team we are. (The criticism) is unfair. He has been a true leader and a true coach and one of the best we have had around here."
Said offensive tackle Langston Walker: "We are playing for coach Jauron, I know I am. I think it's a little unfair that he gets so much of the blame, but I guess it's what you sign up for."
One way the Bills can help Jauron's cause — if indeed it needs helping because for all any of us know, he may already be signed, sealed and guaranteed to return next year — is to win one or both of these remaining two games and end this disappointing season on somewhat of an upswing.

more.... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081221/SPORTS03/812210356/1007/SPORTS)

Night Train
12-21-2008, 07:31 AM
They're rallying around him to protect him from the ticket buying public.

Sorry. A nice fellow but it's time for a positive change.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-21-2008, 07:37 AM
its pretty rare that players would throw the coach under the bus at this point... hey he's their boss and if you want to keep your job, you dont trash your boss.

if he gets the ax, yoiu'll start hearing comments like " well, we really liked Coach Jauron, but we understand the need for change..."

It's all just political talk. but erally, how can anyone not like the PERSON Jauron? He's a decent guy... just a sucky NFL coach, and folks want the coach gone but dont want to see the guy taken out and shot. I think most people wanted Greg WIlliams taken out and shot.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Off with his head.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Who cares if they like him, he's a loser HC and winning is what it is about. Get rid of Dickey!

DynaPaul
12-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Every team he's ever coached for, the players rallied around him when he was going to get the axe. Check out Detroit and Chicago if you don't believe. The players rally around him at the last minute because they suddenly wake up and realize they won't have a nice guy, country club coach around anymore. The players are content to fail without any repercussions or scorn from their nice guy coach and fear a new coach coming in who won't take their sub-par efforts. Yeah, they'll rally around him and talk him up but it's too late. A guy like that doesn't produce results. If the players were smarter they'd try winning to keep him and his lax ways around.

thenry20
12-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I can't think of ANY COACH IN NFL HISTORY who won playoff games w/o having a winning record!

Don't Panic
12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Every team he's ever coached for, the players rallied around him when he was going to get the axe. Check out Detroit and Chicago if you don't believe. The players rally around him at the last minute because they suddenly wake up and realize they won't have a nice guy, country club coach around anymore. The players are content to fail without any repercussions or scorn from their nice guy coach and fear a new coach coming in who won't take their sub-par efforts. Yeah, they'll rally around him and talk him up but it's too late. A guy like that doesn't produce results. If the players were smarter they'd try winning to keep him and his lax ways around.
I definitely agree, but I really believe players like playing for him. I think that he connects personally with his players very well. He just makes poor decisions in game, and those decisions make him less of a coach.

I'm still not convinced that he gets the axe, although I definitely agree he should. I think that fans need to prepare themselves for him being the coach next year.

Along that point... a lot of finger pointing has been going around about is it the players or is it the coaching staff... I really think the thing that damages us most at this point is cash to cap. I can only imagine how much more talent would be on our roster if that philosophy was torn up. I know we are a small market team, but I really hope Ralph isn't pocketing one penny per year off this team... he's already made his money. Every dollar coming in should be going back out to put the best possible product on the field. It is BS if that is not the case, and it limits what the rest of the players and the coaching staff can do over the course of a season.