PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Responds To Sully In Opinion Page

Night Train
12-21-2008, 11:46 AM
In todays Sunday paper, under Everybody's Column

NO NEED FOR CHEAP SHOTS WHEN OFFERONG AN OPINION

I have always felt a critic has the right to knock a football team- and a coach and an owner. But when Jerry Sullivan, in his column, calls me " doddering ", I see it as a cheap personal shot. I may be 90, but I am not doddering. At least, not yet.

Ralph C. Wilson Jr
Owner, Buffalo Bills

Well at least he's reading the sports section. :rofl:

Historian
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
He's doddering.

Probably wrote to the paper in crayon.

Jan Reimers
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I wish Ralph would show this kind of pride in his decisions regarding the Bills. He could prove he's not doddering with the hiring of a football savvy GM and a proven head coach, and the addition of some big time on-field talent.

Night Train
12-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I wish Ralph would show this kind of pride in his decisions regarding the Bills. He could prove he's not doddering with the hiring of a football savvy GM and a proven head coach, and the addition of some big time on-field talent.

Larry Felser agrees with you.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/529324.html

ddaryl
12-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Ralph you lost the majority of the fans that were sticking up for you... You either open your fat overstuffed wallet and get us a talented GM, and Coach and then spend to the cap to boot or you will be a dodder-er in the eyes of the majority

we're just sick and tired of the crap fest we stomach year in and year out

Historian
12-21-2008, 12:08 PM
The morale? It pays to hire knowledgeable football people to run your football operation!

Amen.

SabreEleven
12-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt' know what doddering means?

Historian
12-21-2008, 12:13 PM
It means he drewls his oatmeal on his suit when they try to feed him S11...

ddaryl

doddering = putzin

<DT class=hwrd>Main Entry: <DD class=hwrd>dod&#183;der&#183;ing <DT class=func>Function: <DD class=func>adjective <DT class=date> feeble (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feeble) , senile (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/senile)</DT>

Night Train
Yes

trapezeus
12-21-2008, 12:49 PM
so ralph has a comment on the doddering, but has no comment on the jauron contract. i think we know why this team is in the shape that it is.

patmoran2006
12-21-2008, 12:51 PM
If he keeps Jauron I hope people start doddering when it comes to buying season tickets next year.

Coach Sal
12-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Let me say first I agree with the points Sully made in his original column.

And it would be nice if Ralph actually heeds what was written.

But I see nothing wrong with Ralph Wilson - or anyone for that matter - responding to anyone who takes a personal and public shot at him/her.

thenry20
12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
He's doddering.

Probably wrote to the paper in crayon.

I have to agree with you. If Ralph doesn't want to pay big $$$$ for free agents or coaches, fine, I can live with that. But when you refuse to seek out and pay for the best college scouts out there, then you have sent a very transparent message to the fan base that you ARE NOT ABOUT WINNING OR EVEN TRYING!!!