PDA

View Full Version : This is what Tent Edwards does for us.

zone
12-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Keeps us in games and always gives us a chance to win even when things get bad.

Kenny
12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
While he's our best option right now, if that's all he's good for, then we need to find someone else.

We wont get anywhere with Kelly Holcomb partII

Michael82
12-21-2008, 05:04 PM
:rofl: That would be our defense that does that.

Don't Panic
12-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I have faith... he is two years away from being a top 10 QB. I see actual development with him... its not false hope like it was with JP and RJ.

justasportsfan
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Keeps us in games and always gives us a chance to win even when things get bad.
you must be watching a different game.

zone
12-21-2008, 05:20 PM
:rofl: That would be our defense that does that.
Really?

Mitchell55
12-21-2008, 05:22 PM

Im watching the bills game. You should switch to it and stop watching the oakland game.

zone
12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
:*****slap:

justasportsfan
12-21-2008, 05:34 PM
:*****slap:
Really?

we're going to win this gameIn another thread before the TD drive.

Philagape
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM
By any definition, this was a good game for him. Started slow, but was really good in the second half when it matters most. Poised, accurate, found the end zone, hit a long one, and didn't turn it over (Cutler did, and that's the ball game).

And in cold weather.

HHURRICANE
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I love this board. Edwards isn't good enough...

Edwards passer rating 104.1

ddaryl
12-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Edwards is the starter without a doubt, and it's only his 2nd season... Edwards is a QB you continue to build the O around...

My only real beef now is his lack of a long ball, although the pass to Jackson was nice. He is tough and takes a hit, and he played in cold weather

Borosai
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Trent finally had a good game after a bunch of bad outings. He read the coverage well and was accurate. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he was in control and didn't make the mistakes we have seen during his previous few games (and of course Losman's games).

On a side note, he's very lucky Bailey didn't decide to lay him out on that strip and fumble. That could've been another huge hit from his blind side.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Trent was 4 for 4 for 95 yards in fourth.

bflobarry
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I think Trent has all the tools. The really curious thing to me is not when he plays well, but when he plays as poorly as he did vs Cleveland, among other poor outings this year. I do remember, though, seeing Eli Manning in his second year on MNF and thinking " This guy is horrible!". Maybe it just takes time...I think Trent has it going on, and that shot he took in the AZ game really spooked him for a while......

JD
12-22-2008, 01:35 AM

Hurricane, I am with you bro. This board makes me ****ing sick. Nobody is saying Edwards will be the next Kelly, but I think he will be the next QB to bring us within reach of the big dance.

I give it 4 years and we'll have the AFC title under our belt heading to the super bowl.

:rockon:

jamze132
12-22-2008, 03:09 AM
The other day in my pick-up football game, I was 1/1 95yds and TD. I am better than Trent...

zone
12-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I do remember, though, seeing Eli Manning in his second year on MNF and thinking " This guy is horrible!". Maybe it just takes time...I think Trent has it going on, and that shot he took in the AZ game really spooked him for a while......

Exactly people were starting to call Manning a bust. I think Trent still needs some more time vs. the 3-4 and I think that is why we saw those bad game, I will bet that will be a priority in the off season.

Kenny
12-22-2008, 07:39 AM

I dont think anyone here is saying we should bench him. He had a great game, and an overall season one would expect from a 2nd year starter.
I just think some of us (myself included) had too high of hopes for this season, expecting a bit too much from Trent.

He's definately the unquestioned starter for next year, though I do think we need a vet to push him.
He really needs to step it up in year 3 though... He progressed a bit this year, though this better not be his ceiling otherwise we're in the same boat for next year.

Im still in the same mindset I had of Trent after the last season... that he's definately our best option, -but I've got mixed feelings on whether he's the 'one'.

The King
12-22-2008, 07:44 AM
I dont think anyone here is saying we should bench him. He had a great game, and an overall season one would expect from a 2nd year starter.
I just think some of us (myself included) had too high of hopes for this season, expecting a bit too much from Trent.

He's definately the unquestioned starter for next year, though I do think we need a vet to push him.
He really needs to step it up in year 3 though... He progressed a bit this year, though this better not be his ceiling otherwise we're in the same boat for next year.

Im still in the same mindset I had of Trent after the last season... that he's definately our best option, -but I've got mixed feelings on whether he's the 'one'.

Not only a veteran to push him, a veteran to help him. JP pretty much ignored Trent all season. And not that I really want him giving him advise but having a veteran around who embraces the back up role could be huge for us.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:08 AM
I remember in JP's 2nd year wanting to give him another year, because 3 years is enough to prove themselves. Look how wrong that was. I won't be fooled again.

At 10 TD's and 10 Int's, people were calling Trent "above average"..I was under the impression that 50/50 = average.

JP pretty much ignored Trent all season.
Hate or fact? I didn't know you had a VIP pass to the locker room.

The King
12-22-2008, 08:16 AM
All I can comment on is what I saw, and I saw JP ignore Trent on the sidelines, Hamdan was TE's first point of contact.

Time to get over the JP thing Beth. Its over Wurmer dropped the big one.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
All I can comment on is what I saw, and I saw JP ignore Trent on the sidelines, Hamdan was TE's first point of contact.

Time to get over the JP thing Beth. Its over Wurmer dropped the big one.

I saw JP talking to Trent on the side in more than one game, but that's because I don't hate our QB's. Did you happen to notice that when JP played, Hamdan went right to him on the sidelines as well? Pretty sure that's Hamdan's assignment, or maybe it just makes him feel like part of the team. It does not mean what you are insinuating.

As for your last comment, that's what everyone says when someone tries to explain in a fair & balanced way. Right now I don't like JP or Trent as a QB for the Bills, but I don't hate them, I just want the team to get a GREAT QB. And if you think that means I'm not over JP..well, whatever helps you get through the day I guess. :idunno:

The King
12-22-2008, 08:28 AM
I do hate JP. Always have, doesn't mean I didn't root for the team. Because I was at the bar shelling out the cash, at the opener shelling out the cash. I was just more of a pessimistic fan, like I just expected JP to screw up the game. And to be honest a large majority of fans feel that way now. The kid has the tools but his head is way to far up his ass.

zone
12-22-2008, 08:34 AM
The kid has the tools but his head is way to far up his ass.

No... the kid is a tool.