• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

It's a darned good thing...

...that we didn't trade Bryson!!

If I were GW, I'd have absolutely no hesitations about starting Bryson vs. the Jets.

Henry has shown me NOTHING against 4 teams that he should have had 30 carries for 200 yards against. The man certainly can't be counted on to gain yards on the ground.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

They didn't play him tonight (maybe 3 plays). Stewart sat out for the Lions as well.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

It's not Henry's fault! The running game has looked really bad by all the backs. I am an optimist but I am starting to get a bad feeling about this season. I was thinking 10-6 but I have changed that to 6-10 after watching the pre-season.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Bryson did less than Henry....at least Henry held onto the ball
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
          • Jul 2002

lets not forget that it already has been pointed out on a diff. thread that we are running outside too much which is better suited for bryson. once the season starts i would have to think gilbride will get henry his 20 carries between the tackles. if you want to talk a replacement for TH.....how about sammy morris?
          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

I'm thinkin' 5-11 or even 4-12 based on what I've seen.

Honestly, I didn't see the game tonight as I was busy trying to prepare for this trip tomorrow w/ a blown out knee. Everything took 3 times longer to accomplish.

But I went through the PBP and found little to get excited about.

Henry, while he may have had only 3 carries, only lost a yard on all three. He's 20 carries for 30 yards apart from the Minnesota game and 27 for 80 with it. He has a long of 17. Back that one single run out and he's 19 for 13 or 26 for 63 (2.4 ypc)

I'm not at all optimistic about any aspect of this team other than STs and Drew. But Drew's gonna get creamed when we finally play some good teams for real, w/o a running game.

I like Drew. He's really won me over so far and is easily better than what we had last year. But I still think we would have been far better had we used the cash to sign 2 DTs and another starting OL-man that it now looks like we need.

I really think that signing Chandler and making those changes would have resulted in a 10-6+ season. But as long as some think that getting a single position player is more important than shoring up the two lines, which is widely held as the key to winning games in the NFL, then I guess we reap what we sow.

Again, please don't misconstrue this as anti-Bledsoe b/c it certainly isn't. If Drew doesn't play well in the RS then this deal will have been a total bomb though. But what I'm saying is simply that the lines are more important than a single QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

Sammy Morris fumbled on the goal line! He better hope that does not cost him a job.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                • Jul 2002

I don't think it is that bad WYs. Once the O line gells and I think it will ( the talent is there) they offense will be good. 6-10 with a lot of close high scoring losses.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

"Bryson did less than Henry....at least Henry held onto the ball"

Maybe cas. But Bryson's had little time w/ the first unit. You can't judge one guy w/ the full compliment in there and another w/ 4,2,1,2 carries in 4 games w/ the 2nd team.

Henry, I've said all along needs to shake this inconsistency thing he had last year. He hasn't done it. Unless he comes out of the gates gangbusters v. the Jets, a team who's rushing D sucked last year, then he should be replaced vs. Minnesota. I don't care how well he played the first time vs. Minnesota. Not all teams have the cruddy D that Minnesota has. Most are vastly superior, especially those in our division.

If Henry doesn't put up against the Jets, then the Minnesota game will be the perfect game to check out Bryson.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

are you on painkillers???

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    I'm not at all optimistic about any aspect of this team other than STs and Drew. But Drew's gonna get creamed when we finally play some good teams for real, w/o a running game.

I like Drew. He's really won me over so far and is easily better than what we had last year. But I still think we would have been far better had we used the cash to sign 2 DTs and another starting OL-man that it now looks like we need.

Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

He may have had little time with 1st unit, but what time he did have wasn't impressive at all. Combined, I hink he had 0 or negative yardage and that fumble. He's a change of pace back, nothing more
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

So, what? Henry's impressed you???

I'm running on the notion that Henry would be among the worst two or three RBs in the league this season if he plays as he has.

Don't forget, last year he only had 3 or so good games. After that they all sucked for the most part.

No, Bryson at least needs to be given a chance. Henry running the way he has is gonna lose every game for us if he's allowed to carry the ball if he doesn't improve immensely immediately.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

I'll tell you what..with all of the wish-wash, with plenty of potential, running backs we have had in the past 5 years or so, it sure makes you appreciate Thurman Thomas that much more. Especially his vision for the holes. That is a weak point with all of these guys so far. The one with the best vision for the hole, in my opinion, is Huntley. He very well could work himself into a starting role as the season goes along. he is also a better receiver than Henry. Bryson is a good receiver also, but has really bad vision and anticipation of the hole and tends to bounse it outside too much. I agree with casdhf, he is a good change of pace runner.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Don't look at the stats....watch the game. Henry did his usual -2 and 0 yard carries. Bryson didn't put up fantastic numbers but you could tell the difference when he was out there. He hit the hole hard, ran well up the middle and outside and made a couple of nice catches. problem is, we didn't run the ball nearly enough. This team wants to throw the ball and it shows. We need to stick with the run game. IMO, far to much 1st down passing. We need a guy (Bryson) to get at least 3 yards on 1st down and shorten the field.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

My main point is that stats lie. If you watched the game you noticed that Bryson was clearly the better player last nite.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X