PDA

View Full Version : What is sad is that this team is celebrating like they won the SB.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 07:36 PM
This is the mentality that is killing this franchise...it's a loser mentality! Do these guys realize they blew a 4-0/5-1 start to the season and will again not make the playoffs? I don't know, but that rubs me the wrong way.

EricStratton
12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
How should they celebrate NH. NFL players play for Sunday, the whole week goes to what happens Sunday and if they win they enjoy the win for that Sunday.

That's how it works.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Suicide is the only way to celebrate for some.

M
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
They have to feel good about the win. They haven't felt anything remotely like that in weeks!

Nighthawk
How should they celebrate NH. NFL players play for Sunday, the whole week goes to what happens Sunday and if they win they enjoy the win for that Sunday.

That's how it works.

No, have you listened to them on the radio? My problem is that they show no emotion when they lose and brush it off, but they win for the 2nd time in 9 weeks and it's like they won a championship. It's a loser's mentality...period.

Dr. Lecter
I would not say they are celebrating like they won the Super Bowl. But they are happy they won, especially with the happenings of the last ten weeks.

But the man who wanted them to lose should not point out other's "loser" mentality when he was the one rooting for a loss.

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
No, have you listened to them on the radio? My problem is that they show no emotion when they lose and brush it off, but they win for the 2nd time in 9 weeks and it's like they won a championship. It's a loser's mentality...period.

Being happy with winning is not a loser's mentality.

SpillerThrills
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM

so do you want them to celebrate a loss??? or just get pissed off at everyone and throw a temper tantrum???

JJamezz
I agree nighthawk... I was just going to post a thread about it. I'm listening to the post game interviews and you'd think these guys has just won the afc championship..

Maybe they see it as making a statement for Jauron, I don't know.. It's embarrassing, some of them are absolutely gushing over this win..

Mad Bomber
This is the mentality that is killing this franchise...it's a loser mentality! Do these guys realize they blew a 4-0/5-1 start to the season and will again not make the playoffs? I don't know, but that rubs me the wrong way.
What are they supposed to do after a victory. Cry?

Nighthawk
I would not say they are celebrating like they won the Super Bowl. But they are happy they won, especially with the happenings of the last ten weeks.

But the man who wanted them to lose should not point out other's "loser" mentality when he was the one rooting for a loss.

You're so wrong. My mentality is that getting rid of Jauron makes us a better team with a better shot at getting to the playoffs. Sorry, I want the losing to end and that means Jauron goes. Far from a losers mentality.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree nighthawk... I was just going to post a thread about it. I'm listening to the post game interviews and you'd think these guys has just won the afc championship..

Maybe they see it as making a statement for Jauron, I don't know.. It's embarrassing, some of them are absolutely gushing over this win..

Thank you, JJamez...at least somebody gets it! The bigger issue is that I have not heard ONE player on this team get pissed for blowing a great start to the season! However, they are more then happy to gush about how great Jauron is after a meaningless win. I'm sorry, I have a problem with this.

Mad Bomber
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM

Maybe they see it as making a statement for Jauron, I don't know.. It's embarrassing, some of them are absolutely gushing over this win.. I haven't heard the post-game comments, because I live near NYC and can't receive it. They won a game, but are in last place in the AFC East after starting 4-0. Nothing to be proud of.

It was a good win.

We could have used about 4 or 5 more of those during the course of the season....

THEN they could be celebrating.

Mitchell55
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Please. Dude, you are a *******. This is already the 10th post by you saying that we should be miserable. This is the 1st time this zone has been happy in a long time and you are trying to spoil it. Just leave please because you are just a miserable man that cant get excited over ANYTHING.

Nighthawk
I haven't heard the post-game comments, because I live near NYC and can't receive it. They won a game, but are in last place in the AFC East after starting 4-0. Nothing to be proud of.

It was a good win.

We could have used about 4 or 5 more of those during the course of the season....

THEN they could be celebrating.

That is my point...I wish you could hear it. It would make you puke in your mouth! These guys truly feel that they did something special and actually sounds like they're kind of sticking it to the fans who a new coach in here. It's pretty stupid...

Mad Bomber
NH...

I hate it when they do that when they lose. THAT'S the loser mentality.

Mad Bomber
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Thank you, JJamez...at least somebody gets it! The bigger issue is that I have not heard ONE player on this team get pissed for blowing a great start to the season! However, they are more then happy to gush about how great Jauron is after a meaningless win. I'm sorry, I have a problem with this.
Jauron sucks.

Nighthawk
Please. Dude, you are a *******. This is already the 10th post by you saying that we should be miserable. This is the 1st time this zone has been happy in a long time and you are trying to spoil it. Just leave please because you are just a miserable man that cant get excited over ANYTHING.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Mitchell55
Isn't it past your bedtime?

Isnt it past your life time?

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Jauron sucks.

I know...and I apologize for being so miserable tonight, but just thinking this guy could actually come back is killing me!

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Isnt it past your life time?

Duh, dats a goodone...

Mitchell55
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Duh, dats a goodone...

And im the kid?

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
And im the kid?

I was trying to make it easy for you to read.

Mitchell55
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I was trying to make it easy for you to read.

Let me repeat myself. Im the little kid?

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Let me repeat myself. Im the little kid?

Enlighten all of us...how old are you?

Mitchell55
12-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Enlighten all of us...how old are you?

15, half the people here already knows that.

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
You two could fight via PM.

Just sayin'......

EricStratton
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
You two could fight via PM.

Just sayin'......

I'm glad I teach high school, this 6th grade crap would drive me nuts if I listened to it all day.

OpIv37
12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
My problem isn't that they're celebrating.

My problem is that they suddenly show emotion and fire when it's too late. Where was that fire a month ago when it still mattered? Where was that fire during the 0-3 stretch against the AFCE?

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM

My problem is that they suddenly show emotion and fire when it's too late. Where was that fire a month ago when it still mattered? Where was that fire during the 0-3 stretch against the AFCE?

That's pretty much what I was getting at. They show no emotion over losing and blowing a great start to the season, but they get a kick out of winning one for their loser HC? How messed up is that mentality?

Mad Bomber
12-21-2008, 08:56 PM
That's pretty much what I was getting at. They show no emotion over losing and blowing a great start to the season, but they get a kick out of winning one for their loser HC? How messed up is that mentality?
Coach Sal mentioned on an audio clip that was posted here a few weeks ago ("Dick Jauron Must Go") how this guy shows NO emotion. It doesn't matter if it's a touchdown for us or a turnover....the reaction is the same....what Coach Sal called "the Dick Jauron golf clap".

Give me a coach with some emotion, like Bill Cowher. When his teams messed up you didn't see a golf clap...he was foaming at the mouth. THAT'S what we need.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Coach Sal mentioned on an audio clip that was posted here a few weeks ago ("Dick Jauron Must Go") how this guy shows NO emotion. It doesn't matter if it's a touchdown for us or a turnover....the reaction is the same....what Coach Sal called "the Dick Jauron golf clap".

Give me a coach with some emotion, like Bill Cowher. When his teams messed up you didn't see a golf clap...he was foaming at the mouth. THAT'S what we need.

I know, I've hated Jauron since he got here and he has done ZERO to change my opinion of him. What is more depressing is that these players are actually trying to save his job...it's like them vs. the fans. That is never good for a franchise...

Mad Bomber
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I know, I've hated Jauron since he got here and he has done ZERO to change my opinion of him. What is more depressing is that these players are actually trying to save his job...it's like them vs. the fans. That is never good for a franchise...
:up:

SeatownBillsFan21
12-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Well im glad we won its been a while soo let them enjoy it it may carry over next week when the Pats come to town cant tell me none of you want to spoil the pats season next week **** the draft pick go Bils.

gr8slayer
12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
WTF is sad about it? They are one of the younger teams in the league that just won their first game in a long time. They have every freaking right to be as happy as they want because when you're that young every game is like a Super Bowl.

First you say you wish they'd lose the remaining games, then you get mad that they won one of the remaining games, now you're pissed because they are happy they beat a freaking team that's leading it's division? Get a freaking clue.

jamze132
12-22-2008, 03:48 AM
The Bills finally won another game. Rejoice...

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2008, 03:51 AM
They were celebrating after a win.. I agree though, they should be thinking about the next head they could rip off and if they hadn't got the best of their personal battles that matchup then they had better place the head of their last enemy on their next opponent.

zone
12-22-2008, 07:18 AM

Exactly, but I think that the problem there is the lack of veteran leadership. We need to have some guys here who have been in a playoff situation and can get these younger guys to rise to the occasion, I thought Mitchell would bring that, but that didn't pan out.

Do we even have 1 guy on our offense that has been to the playoffs, maybe one of our lineman?

Ickybaluky
12-22-2008, 08:12 AM

Yeah, you guys need a fired-up, emotional coach like Chuck Noll, Bud Grant, Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick or Tom Landry. You can't win unless your coach starts throwing stuff after losses.

HAMMER
12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
This thread is a jerk.

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Exactly, but I think that the problem there is the lack of veteran leadership. We need to have some guys here who have been in a playoff situation and can get these younger guys to rise to the occasion, I thought Mitchell would bring that, but that didn't pan out.

Do we even have 1 guy on our offense that has been to the playoffs, maybe one of our lineman?
Dont forget to mention Marcus Stroud in the veteran leadership that has been to the playoffs. Its not the veteran leadership that can get guys to rise to the occasion its a good coach and we dont have that.

zone
12-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Dont forget to mention Marcus Stroud in the veteran leadership that has been to the playoffs. Its not the veteran leadership that can get guys to rise to the occasion its a good coach and we dont have that.

I forgot about Stroud...

Quote from Mitchell:

The difference between the Bills locker room and that Giants locker room, I asked?

"I'd say the biggest difference is that we had a lot more veteran, established, all-pro players," Mitchell said. "There wasn't as much management by coaches. We sort of policed ourselves. It's just a different kind of atmosphere here."

While coach Tom Coughlin is a strong leader, Mitchell said it was the Giants players that set the tone in their locker room. After a 10-6 regular season, the Giants went 4-0 in the playoffs, upsetting unbeaten New England 17-14 in the Super Bowl.

It helped that quarterback Eli Manning came of age. But attitude — a burning urge to prove critics wrong — was everything, Mitchell said.

"The coaches gave us guidelines but we set the tone," Mitchell said. "On Sunday, what it comes down to is players got to play. I mean, of course they (management and coaches) all had something to do with it. But I think the players, in large, we didn't panic. We had a lot of confidence in what we could do and just kept on pushing."